A Potentially Lethal TV Commercial?

There’s a TV ad that currently runs for some sort of soft drink or energy drink. There’s a bunch of women performing highly dangerous activities during a lightning storm. The two men in the commercial get repeatedly zapped, whilst the women are safe. In the closing reveal, it is mentioned as Fact: Only 1 in 4 victims of lightning strikes are female.

First of all, there were enough women in the ad that, statistically, even with 1 in 4 odds, a woman should have been zapped.

Second, the reason women aren’t hit as often is because they frequently aren’t exposed to the risks. The ladies in the ad were doing dangerous and lightning-attractive activities.

I have to wonder how many idjits and little girls will see that commercial and internalize the message that they are completely safe in a lightning storm?

Little girls, presumably, have parents who will tell them that not everything they see on TV is real. Idjits can’t be helped on account of the idjitry.

Now if we could just stop them from thinking it funny when we get kicked in the nuts!

I believe that’s a Diet Mountain Dew commercial, the same people who spread the idea that the Yo-Yo was invented as a weapon. They also say the diet tastes like the regular, which it doesn’t.
A commercial that’s over the top? And not entirely accurate? Never heard of that one before.

Yo-yos can, however, be used as weapons.

Believe me, I know. I’m the third of three brothers.

I found out the hard way once that running off the edge of a cliff while concentrating on something else surprisingly did not allow me to defy gravity.