I love Feist.

I love her singing, her videos, her looks, her songs and the whole thing.
I love her. Don’t really know why. But I do. Her music makes me feel good.
Silly old (63) fart. :stuck_out_tongue:
Peace,
mangeorge

Yep. She’s great.

And Canadian!

Maybe that’s it! :smiley:

She must really appeal to silly old farts. My husband loves her, too.

I love her, too. I kept hearing Mushaboom last spring on the satellite radio at my previous job, and finally one day I ran to the computer in time to catch the name of the artist. I bought the CD, and shortly after picked up the newer CD, and have been a very happy camper ever since. Unfortunately, 1-2-3-4 was played half to death over the summer by local radio stations, but I still love her stuff. I’m particularly fond of *Inside and Out * and My Moon My Man. And on more than one occasion, I’ve been caught singing Tout Doucement - granted, it’s an old song I grew up with, but I really like her version.

ETA: My husband loves her, too. We’re… late 20s old farts? (But definitely we’re silly!) :stuck_out_tongue:

I was afraid I would get sick of it from it being on those Apple computers all the time but I still like it. It was the commercials that introduced me to her so they are forgiven.

What I like about her is that she is a real musician, in the lover of music sense. She started out as a singer in a punk band and when she stuffed her vocal chords she became a good enough guitarist to tour for years with various bands before her solo reappearance with a less demanding vocal style.

I think I would really love her music but I can’t get over the mumbling. It just kills me. Even when I know the lyrics I freak out and can’t help thinking “it’s unintelligible!!!”

I dunno.

I don’t know about “love”. I mean, the Riftwar books were good, if a bit derivative, but he went downhill fast after them.

… huh?

Before She Got Famous Bragging Rights: I was lucky enough to see her at Schubas*, a teeny tiny venue, and chat with her after the show (I’d seen and talked to her at another show at another venue before that, but didn’t have a camera with me). She’s fantastic live, and a very nice person. I made her some Mary Margaret O’Hara rarities CDs that she could listen to on the road (Feist is a huge MMO’H fan and very influenced by her).

That’s nothing though. I know someone who has even bigger Bragging Rights. A couple of years earlier, Feist (as “Leslie Feist”) played a house concert in their living room. It was a triple bill house concert with Feist, Sarah Harmer and Sarah Slean. Damn, I bet that was amazing.

Yeah, Feist is pretty cool.
*That “lucky enough” to see her at Schubas specifically is intentional. I’ve seen so many people who are famous now (to music lovers if not the general public) play Schubas while they’re still unknown. There are several shots of the venue in the 2nd set of pictures. Try to picture: we saw Tori Amos there during her first solo tour there (playing a broken Yamaha Electric Grand piano, which she kept having to climb under to fix). My husband saw Sarah McLachlan there. We saw KT Tunstall there. We saw Imogen Heap there. Many many many others, but those have become the biggest I believe. Off the top of my head, others include Jane Siberry (Issa), Vienna Teng, Iris DeMent, Holly Cole, Victoria Williams, Lisa Germano, Kristen Hersh, Charlotte Martin, Mouth Music, Over the Rhine, Milla, Rachael Sage, Noe Venable, The Innocence Mission, Jim White and way too many others I can’t remember.

Another old fart who likes her checking in.

Youth, talent, looks and sunniness are a compelling combination.

(Nice post, Equipoise. You have a pretty damn cool life, if I do say so myself.)

I :heart: her too!

:slight_smile: