How do I put together this springform pan? Need answer somewhat fast.

I mean, I know how to assemble it. I’m just not sure which way the bottom piece goes in. It’s not flat but rather shapped like a very very shallow pan. My question is, does it go in with the lip up or with it down. Think of a baking sheet, the lip up would be the normal way, with the lip down it would be like a baking sheet upside down. Also, it has a metal disk, I assume that just get’s set on the bottom so I can remove the cake when I’m done, right?

I have about an hour and a half before I’ll need it.

Like a baking sheet, and the form sits on top of it. You shouldn’t need the metal disc; the cake usually rests on the bottom pan.

I guess that makes sense. Then it’s possible to set the bottom on the counter, set the form over it and snap it shut. The other way I have to kind of hold everything in place while my third hand snaps it shut. Also, now that I think about it, since the upside down way means the bottom is a little above the bottom of the form, when it’s released the cake would fall about an eighth of an inch.

And I still have an hour to spare.

Here’s hoping the cake turns out, I’ve never made anything with fruit in it, much less using the skin as well.

OOOh…I’ve been wanting to try that recipe…and I just bought more clementines so I can! How did it turn out? My niece is allergic to gluten, so it sounded like something I could make for her birthday.

Bump…how did the cake turn out?

Ummm mixed reviews. Some people liked it, others had a problem with the consistency. They told me the cake was almost like a pudding consistency (it was VERY VERY moist) and they didn’t really care for all the orange skins. I didn’t try any, as it isn’t something I would eat, it just looked neat to make.
Give it a shot, it was certainly easy to make.

Thanks…I can’t believe you didn’t try a bite, though…LOL. But I know the feeling about wanting to try make something just because it looks cool, or the technique is interesting. And so much stuff on Smitten Kitchen looks sooooo interesting!