Pulp Fiction fans: Is quoting the sincerest form of flattery?

Just on YouTube perusing small doses of Pulp Fiction, scene by scene.

Now YouTubers aren’t necessarily a hothouse salon of sophistication. Far from it. But it is striking that the comments section for most clips consists almost entirely of parroting bits of dialogue. I haven’t noticed that’s so true of any other popular films on the 'Tube, except probably Full Metal Jacket.

Makes you wonder if there’s some primitive form of bonding going on around PF - certainly true of FMJ - or whether the typical fan just can’t express himself (gender reference intended) any better.

Exchanging movie quotes is definitely a “guy thing,” at least among guys of a certain age, and I’d expect to find a lot of those guys in the YouTube comments. That said, Pulp Fictions is an extremely quotable movie, because the dialogue is so distinctive and, in my opinion, so well done. I’ve remarked before that Pulp Fiction is the only movie I can think of where I could turn off the video and just listen to it, and it would still be enjoyable.

I have nothing interesting to add

Bring out the Gimp.

Everytime someone says “what now?” I’ll say, “what now? I’ll tell you what now…”

“I’m an American sweetheart. Our names don’t mean shit.”

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

I’m tryin’, Ringo, I’m tryin’. I’m tryin’ so hard to be the shepherd.

Nathan: Alice, please. Your dog, Alice. It and my appetite are mutually exclusive.
Alice: Well, what’s wrong with the dog?
Nathan: Simple. He’s been licking his asshole for the last three straight hours. I submit to you that there is nothing there worth more than an hour’s attention. I should think that whatever he is attempting to dislodge is either gone for good, or there to stay. Wouldn’t you agree?

WELL! Check out the BIG brain on Brett!

I think it’s “Brad”.

It’s Brett. He has a tasty Big Kahuna burger that he is not going to finish.

WHAT?! What ain’t no language I ever heard of!

Oh excuse me, did I break your concentration?

Zed’s dead, baby.

What ain’t no country I ever heard of!

You’re just going to have to turn this opportunity yes!

Noooo!

YES! YES! YES!

Yeeeeeeeeessssss!
(I’ve been volunteering at a film festival, see, and before each film they’ve had this little montage of clips, including Pulp Fiction, A Clockwork Orange, and Sexy Beast…)

Don’t be tellin’ me about foot massages. I’m the foot fuckin’ master.

Shit yeah. I got my technique down and everything, I don’t be ticklin’ or nothin’.

Didn’t PF start the whole “TMI” thing?

If so, I can’t think of a more ubiquitous quote to come from a movie ever.

I also can’t think of one that has lasted for so long.

“So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass.”

No. People were saying TMI in the 80s.

Did you see the sign in front of my house that said “Dead Nigger Storage”?
C’mon Jimmy, you know there ain’t–
DID YOU SEE THE SIGN IN FRONT OF MY MOUSE THAT SAID “DEAD NIGGER STORAGE”??