Best title for an (auto)biography?

I like:

Things I Did and Things I Think I Did, by filmmaker Jean Negulesco
I, Shithead, by punk rocker Joey Keithley
The Kid Stays in the Picture, by producer/former child star Robert Evans

I’ve never read any of these books, but I like the titles:
“Please Don’t Shoot My Dog, Mister” by former child star Jackie Cooper

“Leading With My Chin” by Jay Leno

“I Can’t Wait Until Tomorrow, Cause I Get Better Looking Every Day” by Joe Namath

Me by Katharine Hepburn.

Leonard Nimoy’s two autobiographies, I Am Not Spock and the followup, I Am Spock.

“I’m Fuckin’ In, You’re Fuckin’ Out” by Kenny Powers.

This is Me, Jack Vance! by Jack Vance.
It’s subtitled (Or, More Properly, This is ‘I’)

Born Standing Up - by Steve Martin. And the book is a very thoughtful look at how he started of with, in his mind, no real talent for standup and just willed his act into creation - so title has layers to it…

“If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor” - Bruce Campbell.

“Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea” - Chelsea Handler

Haven’t read the second one, so I can only assume that it is an autobiography. Both are great titles, anyway…TRM

My name escapes me. by Sir Alec Guiness. ( not really a bio, but very charming.)

“Surprised by Joy”- C.S. Lewis

Not really an AB…but the title would work!

Everyone is Entitled to My Opinion (David Brinkley)

Things the Grandchildren Should Know, by Mark Oliver Everett, better known as E from the Eels.

For a biography, I like the title of Fawn Brodie’s book about Joseph Smith (founder of the Mormons): No Man Knows My History.

Since she was a woman, I guess there’s no problem there. :wink:

Moab Is My Washpot, by Stephen Fry (a Psalmic reference to, I believe, how the early events of Fry’s life, during which he was rather naughty, helped shape him into a more upstanding person) – a very enjoyable book.

I haven’t read it, but I always liked the title Starving for Attention, which was Cherry Boone’s (Pat’s daughter) memoir about her anorexia/bulimia.

The working title for Pete Townshend’s autobiography is “Who He?”

A guy I work with wants to name his Acquaintances: People I Couldn’t Avoid. I like it.

I still like Fawn Brody’s bio of Mormon prophet Joseph Smith: No Man Knows my History – the title is a quote from one of Smith’s speeches*

Fawn Brody, of course, is a woman.

*Yes, a Speech. Not a sermon, IIRC.

Heh. Beat you to both the cite and the joke. :stuck_out_tongue:

Great title, but it’s actually a book of humorous essays.