NCIS: Los Angeles - I tried to like it, I really did.

I love the original NCIS so I was really looking forward to the spin-off. It just didn’t grab me. The characters were blah and the plot boring. What did everyone else think?

I tried to like it, too, but it didn’t grab me at all. I don’t see it lasting a whole season without some tinkering.

Serves the purpose i.e. puts one in a mood to fall asleep. Better than some highly contrived “reality” show that just bores one to where one is to pissed to fall asleep.

I watched, mostly for Matthew St. Patrick (who played Keith, David Fisher’s boyfriend on Six Feet Under). IMDB only lists him for one episode. If he’s not gonna be a recurring character, I probably won’t watch again. Chris O’Donnell is boring. How does he keep getting series work?

I thought they’d spin off Tony to head it up. Instead all I saw was a bunch of nobodies.

Very average.

I think it was a big mistake putting it right after its parent series. The difference in show quality was jarring.

I did like Linda Hunt’s turn as Edna Mode, however.

Linda Hunt really doesn’t age, does she? I swear, she looked the same in this show as she did in Silverado.

It’s like she hit “old” and just stayed there.

Any chance they’ll realize they need a ratings-buster and decide to let LL Cool J and Chris O’Donnell do a nude sex scene? Police station locker room shower? Anything?

Well, never mind, then…

Heh…the first time I saw the Incredibles (at home), in the very first full Edna Mode scene, I immediately yelled, “Oh, my god…she’s Linda Hunt!”

Her role is the only thing I saw that made the show watchable.

The psych guy is somewhat interesting but I doubt if those two peripheral characters can keep the show alive.

The main characters are easily forgettable.
My guess is, first they move the show, then they kill it.

Nothing grabbed me and I only got through about 40 minutes.

But that was true of NCIS too. Didn’t care for it early on. Then they found a groove and I enjoyed. Now when I see the early episodes in reruns they’re “better” because I have some attachment to the characters and it is cute to see them so young and on the path to being good.

So if NCISLAUSD is on in a few seasons I’ll try it again.

I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet but I hope I hate it so I can have a little extra free time. With all the TV shows starting up this week I am already several hours behind schedule. :slight_smile:

The psychiatrist and Edna were the only interesting things. They’re pushing O’Donnell’s “mysterious past” so hard, and I don’t think anyone watching cares in the slightest. I predict that a revelation to his past will be the cliffhanger of the season finale, then the show gets cancelled.

The thing that bugged me the most was the secret base. First of all why do the Navy criminal investigators need to be secret and secondly where does everyone park? I mean how do they keep is secret, obviously the Challenger was parked outside in what looked like plain view so where were the other 50 or so people we saw in the background parking at the abandoned building.

I like Linda hunt’s character but I don’t understand her purpose, why is she dressing them? My favorite thing was getting to check out the hot car. Very successful advertising there, I’m thinking about picking one up if I get a bonus this year.

That bugged me too. No way all those people are going to go in and out and nobody notices. The door also bugged – that was a damn nice door! Bubbles and Johnny (from The Wire) would have taken it off the hinges and sold it at one of those antique places.

Maybe a bus picks everyone up for work and drops them off at an underground station. :slight_smile:

Hmmm, I found Edna annoying and affected. But maybe that was the point…

The way the show went for me was, “blah - blah - blah - Linda Hunt - blah - blah - Linda Hunt - blah - blah…etc.”

When she is on the screen, you watch her and she holds your attention. When she is not…, well, it’s blah.

A lot of shows have lackluster debuts, or simply don’t “grab” me. Warehouse 13 underwhelmed me initially, as did Burn Notice. But I now like them both.

I’ll give this a few episodes. It may suffer from “too much NCIS” for one night. It may suffer from not measuring up to what people expect from the NCIS brand.

I got the feeling that LLCoolJ and Chris Odonnel were trying way too hard to be quippy and cool. They came across as trying to be just like Tony and failing.