Florida Woman's DWI hit and run unbelievable amount of drugs consumed

It’s going to be hard to beat this ladies record for the varieties of drugs she consumed for her accident where she rear ended a farm trailer, took out mailboxes and almost hit a pedestrian before driving away.

Article

I suppose it’s wrong that what bothers me most is the fact that six out of ten of the substances the suspect was alleged to have taken are spelled wrong in this report?

Good grief, the person who wrote that article must be drunk too! I think they misspelled 6 of the 8 drugs mentioned.

Mind-blowing amount of drugs, crummy spelling by the writer.

I’m stuck on “Baklaphine”. The only Google results for that were that article, and variant spellings that I checked didn’t turn up anything.
Edit: Baclofen, for spasticity. Santo Rugger just got started on that.

Oxycodone was spelled right - painkiller, very addictive.

Klonopin treats seizures or panic attacks.

Lyrica is an anticonvulsant used as a painkiller for certain pain, like neuropathy. Supposedly has a low potential for abuse.

Tegretol is used for seizures (yet another anticonvulsant) or bipolar disorder, plus some other problems off-label. Interesting side effect, though - greatly reduces your alcohol tolerance. :smack:

Paxil is a SSRI used for treating depression and other mood disorders.

Dilantin was spelled right! Antiepileptic.

Lamictal is used against seizures or bipolar disorder, mostly.

I suspect not all of these were drugs of abuse. :dubious: Nevertheless, that level of alcohol with at least a couple of those is a Very Bad Thing.

Edit: D’oh, beaten to the punch by my own pedantry.

…two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine and a whole multicolored collection of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers . . . Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.

Chick’s an amateur.

It reminds me of a very unstable person I worked with that was on antidepressants that only work if you don’t drink alcohol. She drank every night and freaked out at work with crying fits and temper tantrums. There is a reason she didn’t get fired that I won’t go into here.

It sounds like lots of anti seizure medicine for this lady to control the crack alcohol effects.

Man, I need to get out of New Mexico, because my first thought was, “impressive array of drugs, but only a .088? You don’t even get your BAC mentioned in the DWI section of the local police blotter if it’s under .1!”

When DJ AM overdosed recently, the coroner found cocaine, OxyContin, Vicodin, Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, Benadryl, and Levamisole, “a drug apparently used to cut cocaine.”

Silenus. Thanks for the Fear and Loathing ref

To be fair, they didn’t really **need **all that for the trip. But, you know, once you get locked into a good drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Sounds like the lady has issues with bipolar, and then went on a bender with booze and crack, though.

ANd, hell, they were in BAT country!

A depressant and a stimulant together? Sounds about right for someone who’s bipolar.

What goes “What a great day! I’m gonna catch some fish, eat a seal, maybe kill a walrus…aw, fuck it. I’ll just go back to bed.”?

A bipolar bear.