Need music suggestions for football highlight video.

My husband is working on a highlight video for the kids’ football team.

He has 90% of the video done, but doesn’t want to duplicate what he used last year.
Any song suggestions that are clean that can be used for a highlight video would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any inspirational/motivational football related video linkage would be appreciated as well.

He has been doing this for a couple of years and the response year after year is wonderful. The boys (and their families) watch it over and over again.

Thank you!

The songs from both the “Leave Nothing” football nike commercials would be perfect i think. Here and here.

I can’t access youtube links from work. But if you linked to the commercials I am thinking of, the music is titled Promontory, taken from the score Last of the Mohicans, by composer Trevor Jones. One of the very best film scores from the 1990’s.

To the OP, also try the football themes from Fox and CBS.

Right you are, the other one is “The ecstasy of gold” by Ennio Morricone.

Oooh, so far so good, AFAIC.

bump’’’’

Kicking it old school==

Iron Man–for defensive highlights, especially goal line stands.

Immigrant Song for offensive highlights

Just an observation from a professional video editor. Most sports compilations I’ve seen that were edited by “amateurs” on YouTube and the like can be really annoying because of the way they employ the music soundtrack.

Often, these compilations would be better with no music added at all. However, in the case of an amateur/kids sport team (with no accompanying play-by-play commentary) I think background music is often called for. But the mix–the relative level of loudness of the music versus the natural sound (the kids playing) should be carefully applied. If you drown out all the natural sound with music then you are killing off the sound that accompanies the video and gives life to the overall product.

Sometimes it is appropriate to have the music “up full” in some places (but with the natural sound still discernible), and then down “underneath” the nat sound in other places (with the music still discernible) where a particular bit of nat sound is especially compelling (e.g. the coach yelling something; fans cheering; a bone-crunching hit, etc).

I find that poor sound mixing–especially regarding the music mix–is one of the biggest shortcomings in many YouTube-like, amateur videos.

Found your post, this is my first year to do a football video, do you have a list of songs that your husband has used in the past. All I find is “dirty” songs that the players love, but the parents can’t stand.
I’m doing at the high school level…
thanks in advance

I just used “Forever Young” great song for the shots of my bball team when they were laughing and goofing around. Don’t make the video just about plays but include the human elements, that’s what makes it worth watching in 20 years.

Al Pacino’s speech in Any Given Sunday is pretty inspirational. It does contain some strong language though; parental discretion advised, or you may want to choose your excerpt.

I would also suggest:

Calgary Stampeders coach John Hufnagel’s speech before the 2008 Grey Cup. Especially the end.

The Friday Night Lights speech.

Scene from Rudy.

Per my recent thread: Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation

Something by E.S. Posthumus would also work (and has been used previously in some NFL shows): Pompeii, Unstoppable, Arise

You could make a video of your kid learning to tie his shoelaces using this music and make it incredibly epic.

Hm. “Hit Me With Your Best Shot”, Pat Benetar?

A big one right now is Kenny Chesney’s “The Boys of Fall”.

Go! Team, The Power is On which they will proably recognize from this NFL Commercial.

I once made a “big football hits” video with Bon Jovi’s “Lay Your Hands On Me” just for fun. It’s a song with a lot of smash moments that sounded amazing when edited to match up with the video. I’d post it if I could ever find it.

Probably not a lot of big hits in kid’s football though, and you say you’ve put most of the video together already.

Yakety Sax?

Rocky’s speech from the last Rocky to his son, very cool.