Any more movies with Tom Hanks pissing?

The wife and I saw “The Green Mile” on video last week. Great performance by Tom Hanks, he certainly could portray a guy suffering from a urinary tract infection. Saw “Cast Away” tonight, noted him pissing in the surf. The wife and I got to wondering: Does he piss in any other of his movies? We haven’t seen a lot of them, we couldn’t recall if he did in “Apollo 13” or not, maybe that scene of urine dumps in outer space was from “The Right Stuff”. So were these two flicks a fluke, or is it a Tom Hanks tradition to make male micturition on screen more acceptable?

Well, in Forest Gump he told JFK, “I gotta pee!”, whilst grabbing his crotch.

Well, there’s one scene in A League of Their Own…

He doesn’t actuall pee in “The Money Pit,” but he does commisserate with a statue of a uninating cherub.

Hmmmm…what does this mean? An actor with a history of spastic bladder? Urophilia? Addiction to the piss shiver? This guy bears watching!

He doesn’t have a peeing scene in Sleepless in Seattle but there is a scene of him in the bathroom talking to his son.

In The 'burbs, he pretends to have to go to the bathroom to go exploring in his neighbors’ house.

I think you may be onto something here…

What about Big? Wasn’t there something in there?

I’d be willing to bet that he pisses in Turner and Hooch.

At what point does this become silly???

Yes, the urine being released into space scene was in Apollo 13, but I don’t recall if the scene also included the previous release of the urine.

To be fair, though, a number of astronauts have commented on the impressive spectacle produced by such disposal of waste, and it is a real part of space missions.

I am now more curious than ever about what percentage of movies with tom hanks in it have references to males urinating, and how that ratio compares to similar statistics for other male stars. Perhaps it’s a liberal hollywood media plot of some kind. Or some kind of therapeutic measure to help people overcome bashful bladder, the inability to void if someone’s watching. Help me out here, dopers!

Just watched this again yesterday, Chronos :smiley: The scene shows him with the bag hooked up to his suit, then reconnecting the hose to the suit and making some jocular comment about urinating in space. The movie also includes a scene prior to this where Hanks attempts (badly) to answer a woman’s question about how they go to the bathroom in space.

Joe Vs the Volcano was basically Tom Hanks pissing into the camera for an hour and a half.

OK, here’s a move list, I think it’s current. although I might have missed a recent film. Can anyone help me flesh this out?

0 Cast Away (2000) Tom Pissing
1 *Toy Story 2 (1999)
2 The Green Mile (1999) Tom Pissing
3 You’ve Got Mail (1998)
4 Saving Private Ryan (1998)
5 That Thing You Do!
6 Toy Story (1995)
7 Apollo 13 (1995) Urine dumps in space
8 Forrest Gump (1994) grabs groin, tells JFK he needs to pee
9 Sleepless in Seattle (1993) talks to son in the can
10 Philadelphia (1993)
11 League of Their Own, A (1992) Said to containpissing
12 Bonfire of the Vanities, The (1990)
13 Joe Versus the Volcano (1990)
14 Turner & Hooch (1989)
15 burbs, The (1989) pretends he has to pee
16 Big (1988)
17 Punchline (1988)
18 Dragnet (1987)
19 Every Time We Say Goodbye (1986)
20 Money Pit, The (1986) talks to pissing statue
21 Nothing in Common (1986)
22 Man with One Red Shoe, The (1985)
23 Volunteers (1985)
24 Bachelor Party (1984)
25 Splash (1984)
26 He Knows You’re Alone (1980)

I seem to recall some comic bit in Big with Tom wriggling around like the little kid he was inside because he needed to pee. I don’t remember the follow-through though.

Thanks, trose, I’ll add that to the list. Anybody else got any fills?

Could this be why Tom Hanks is thought of as the everyman, and is so popular? I mean, what other big actors do you actually see peeing in a large number of their movies? That’s just a rhetorical question, by the way. I’m not asking for statistics.

Tom was definately involved in a pissing scene in “a league of their own”. One of the girls on the team (played by madonna?) timed it.

He was peeing in Forrest Gump, they showed him in the bathroom zipping his fly… then they showed the Marilyn Monroe picture.

People, have you no faith in the internet? This is the Information Superhighway, you know, not some Information Rutted Dirt Road Out Back By The Old Pickett Farm.

Try Patch’s Pee Movie List:

Just a little something to bookmark for future reference…

Now that’s a Weird Earl. I dare ya, Tuba.