ION TTUSB10 Turntable software

I know I saw something posted some time ago about good software to use for burning vinyl to my PC, but can’t locate the thread. I bought the turntable today and it has software with it, but isn’t there something much better out there? Thanks.

Hmmm…looks like this comes with Audacity, which seems to ring a bell in my dim memory banks.

IIRC, I used a combination of Audacity and some other software that it came with. It worked just OK. Audacity is freeware to begin with, in case you didn’t know.

Beware: VERY TEDIOUS WORK.

The software I tried for breaking up into tracks didn’t work, so that had to be done manually (I think in order for this to be effective the software would have to identify the song and follow along so it knew when to cut). Flipping obviously had to be done manually. Naming the split tracks, downloading album art, etc. Later steps can be done with the help of Music ID / metadata services, but I don’t know of any good free ones.

More trouble than it’s worth, in my opinion.

You could try Goldwave. I have used that before (the trial version is free) but as Hardly Sanguine says, it is tedious work.

Thanks, I thought the thread died. I got it set up and went with the Audacity option, but I can see that this is for people with a lot of time to do the editing. The program also didn’t come with any instructions that I could find. These records are in pretty decent condition, so I may be better off just doing an unedited copy. The goal is to get rid of all the collected vinyl.

Search SDMB user “fishbicycle” with “vinyl” as a keyword . He did vinyl to audio file conversion semi-professionally and IIRC had several posts with tips and techniques.

I happen to have a similar thread bookmarked.

Wow. A bit more than I probably want to do, but maybe I’ll give it a shot.