Would a vagina really pickle a cucumber?

As in the Family Guy episode The Fat Guy Strangler. Of course, Marion was imaginary, which is probably how the joke got by the censors.

What would happen if it was done in real life?

Do you believe that a vagina naturally contains salt, vinegar, and perhaps dill?

This thread was why I joined the SD message boards.

Getting a Rabbi to certify it as Kosher would be interesting…

If a woman left a cucumber in her vagina for 3 weeks, she’d have a lot of things but a pickle wouldn’t be one of them. Raging infection from rotting vegetable matter is most likely.

You don’t need vinegar for pickling. Just a brine will do. (It’ll naturally sour from Leuconostoc and Lactobacillus bacteria.)

But, no, I don’t think the vagina is going to contain the right conditions for this.

Seems possible if we only consider the pH…

Brine: water saturated or nearly saturated with salt, is not naturally found within the vagina, any more than bay leaves or mustard seeds are.

“Tonight’s episode of Mythbusters contains material intended for mature audiences. Viewer discretion is advised.”

Wiki article on pickling seems to indicate that “brine and/or vinegar” is used – I think salt is not required depending on your definition of “pickle.”

Actually, a pickle brine is anywhere from 3-10% salt. I use a 5% brine. Not even close to saturation with salt.

Kari: “No way in hell, guys. I quit.”

aw come on, it’s just a miniature not a slicer.

Would douching help?

I really wish you had posted that in the wrong thread by accident…

Am I the only one thinking “time for an experiment”?

Poor Mrs. Piper!

Suddenly, the apocryphal Washington Post “Style” section headline about home canning* takes on a new meaning.

*You Can Put Pickles Up Yourself

Um…Annie,

In those photographs they aren’t really trying to make pickles.

Glad to help

I suppose he was a rather curious sort.