Kim Possible DVD Rumor--confirm?

There is a rumor that Disney will be releasing Kim Possible, Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD, here in the US, on Region 1 DVDs, very soon.

Confirm/deny?

The best site for this stuff is tvshowsondvd
Here are the DVDs that have been released:

Here are news articles aboiut KP:

Nothing newer than 2006.

The site usually would have something like this. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen of course.

Brian

They are available, but only as exclusives for members of the Disney Movie Club.

Are you a member?

Wanna cut a deal?

Email me.

No I’m not, but thanks for asking.

Most of them have been available through iTunes for a long time. I got them for my kids and long drives.

A bit more info.

Disney is surprisingly clueless about taking advantage of its TV series catalog – everybody else has figured out the simple steps:

1. Release season box sets.
  2. Let people know that you did step 1.
  3. Profit!

The Disney version:

1. Release a few episodes on individual discs.
  2. Every once in a while, release one or two season sets.
  3. Put an announcement that you did step 2 on a Post-It note on the back of the “Beware Of The Leopard” sign on a disused lavatory door.
  4. Cancel future releases because of poor sales.

doesn’t work quite as well.

HIJACK

Any love for Brandy and Mr.Whiskers?

None whatsoever.

Now, about Kim…any Disney Movie Club members here?

Who and who?

(Maybe that’s just another sign of Disney’s amazingly weak marketing in some areas.)

**The implied context being, in regards to DVD. **

Just came here to say,

Naked Mole Rat

Why don’t you just join the Disney Movie Club yourself? They’re probably not all that exclusive.

Because I do not want to have to buy 6 or 12 Disney movies, in order to buy these two collections.

And, I cannot afford to.

The required purchase is 5 over 24 months – not quite as high as that, but sounds like enough to be a budget issue. (They have a 4/$1 deal on joining, but if you’re not all that into Disney generally that actually exacerbates the purchase requirement – you’ll already have what few items look interesting before you even start on the required five).

OTOH, it’s a good deal if you like a range of Disney/Pixar stuff anyway and have the budget for it (and are systematic about rejecting any unwanted club selections before they get sent).