Like the Star Wars reviews? Or hate me? "Feeding Frenzy"!

Some of you may be familiar with the reviews of the *Star Wars *prequels done by Mike Stoklasa. Each is over an hour long, filmed in ~10 minute segments, as Mike uses the personality of apparent serial killer Mr. Plinkett to add humor to what is actuallly a series of insightful commentaries into how, exactly, Lucas went wrong.

The Mr. Plinkett of the reviews is actually an adaptation of an earlier version of the character, who is now the antagonist of Feeding Frenzy, a film by Red Letter Media, a production company that’s a collaboration between Stoklasa and fellow Milwaukee filmmaker Jay Bauman. If you enjoyed the Plinkett reviews, you’ll certainly also appreciate this film’s simultaneous homage to and mockery of the terrible rubber puppet monster movies of the '80s.

How does hating me come into it? Well, I happen to know these guys, so I appeared in a party scene… where you can watch me die. :smiley:

I finally got to see the completed film a couple of weeks ago, and I’m headed to another screening tonight to see it again and get my copy. If you’re in the Milwaukee area, head to the Palomino in Bay View–the film starts at 7 p.m.! If that’s too short of notice or you’re not awesome enough to live around here, you can get a DVD of the film through the RLM website. I may be a bit prejudiced, but I think the film is fucking hilarious.