Anyone done Santarchy?

A friend told me about Santarchy (aka SantaCon) yesterday, and she wants us to join her. I opted in:p. I’ve found a Santa suit on Craigslist for $60; gonna pick it up later.

So, does anyone here have any experience with this event? Suggestions on gifts to bring? Hohoho?

Basically, it is a bar crawl (or pub crawl for the Brits here) done in Santa outfits.

Yes, we’ve gone to Santarchy in Detroit twice.

All my friends go as santa and I go as an Xmas tree, so they can findme. ( I am in picture #25 , the non-will Ferrell looking one and in the very next one, in the stripy shirt. (and in #20 with my husband. 21 and 22 and 24 with my peeps.)

I’m thinking of changing my outfit this year but have zero effort and money to do so.

**kopek **has done it in Pittsburgh and he’s posted photos of his adventures. It sounds like a major league hoot!

I’ve done Santacon in Los Angeles. About one hundred of us went via bus to the Pomona Gun Show, the Scientology Christmas display on Hollywood Blvd. (where we also handed out inappropriate gifts), Farmer’s Market on 3rd & Fairfax, and then ended the journey at Cheetah’s strip club on Hollywood Blvd. The L.A. chapter of the Cacophony Society used plan some fun events. Their version of a Halloween haunted house, “The Museum of Mental Decay,” was always wonderfully sick and twisted.

Thanks for the tip!!!

Found my santa suit. My gf is going leaning in the elf direction (being naturally elf like). Any suggestions on gifts? This should be awesome!

Rock on Detroit!