Why can't HGTV leave well enough alone?

First they changed all the design teams on Design On A Dime, getting rid of my favorites Snijders and Cunningham and replacing them with no-talent Brice Cooper, overly-complicated Fontana and pretty o.k. Kahi. The website still lists Snijders and Cunningham as hosts but I haven’t seen a new show of theirs in more than a year.

Then the took that man-voiced lady who designed with the the color wheel made of things the homeowners liked and put her in a completely different and much suckier show.

And now I’m seeing a bunch of commercials for a new show starting next year with Candice Olson. Talking with Candice or Inside Candice’s Head-- something like that. I DO NOT WANT! Unless she’s going to do two shows. Then it’s O.K… But please don’t take away Divine Design. What’ll happen to Chico and Edmund?

Oh geez, speaking of pointless changes did you watch this year’s Design Star? The “inspiration objects” theme was completely pointless and a lot less fun than before. I don’t know anyone who didn’t hate the changes, and I’m hoping they figure out it wasn’t a hit with audiences.

As for Kristan Cunningham (who is one of my favorites too) the change there might be at her request because this bio indicates that she took a non-HGTV design position too in 2009.

Speaking of Design Star, will they ever get a winner that’ll top David Bromstad?