Doc Martin Season 5?

Is there anyone who watches and likes this series as much as I do? I recently came across it on Netflix here in the states and just became absorbed in his life. Also, remember the episode where the the little boys get thrown into the chicken shed by auntie Joan? Doc martin threw in a comment that his folks didit to him?

Am I the only one to catch that?

Thanks
Ohio

I love the show. I originally came across the show on PBS. Went to Netflix and have watched all the episodes. Everything I have heard regarding a season 5 is that they would start filming sometime this year. Don’t know if it will happen, but I’m crossing my fingers.

ISTR reading somewhere that Clunes himself said they’d film a season 5. I have my fingers crossed, too.

Yes, I love that quote. Paraphrasing, “Nonsense. Auntie Joan locked me up in a closet at home and it never did me any harm.”

::Everyone looks at each other significantly::

I like how Martin’s ex-girlfriend, a doctor, is quite similar to him in temperament and intellect. They sometimes feel like they’re squaring off as equal combatants when they talk to each other. She’s quite a tool, but at least she helps him get over his haemaphobia.

This thread isn’t quite a zombie, so I hope it’s okay to revive it.

Yes, there’s a series 5, and it has been showing in England. If you don’t want to wait for Netflix, youtube has it. I’ve been watching it and I’m as up-to-date on it as anyone in the U.K.! I’m so proud!

There have been a couple of changes, and it is still good - funny and sad both. There’s a new regular character who I recognize from other excellent British movies: she was the cook in Gosford Park.

It shows every Monday in England, and it’s up on Tuesdays on youtube.