what ratio do you buy sandwhich meat and cheese

I bought 1 lb of roast beef and 1 lb of swiss cheese. It looks like I’ll be running out of beef 1st. Should’ve bought twice as much meat.

That’s exactly what I do. Twice as much meat as cheese.

agreed. 2 meat to 1 cheese. Unless it’s a Reuben sandwich. Then it’s 50/50

3:2 meat:cheese

I usually remember to go 2:1, may have to try 3:2.

I usually go 0:1. The only sandwiches I make with any regularity any more are grilled cheese, and cheese is useful in a lot of other things, too, but I can’t remember the last time I made a meat sandwich.

That’s what SHE said…

Joe

In sandwiches, I use about twice as much meat as cheese. BUT. I don’t always use the meat or cheese for sandwiches. Today, I opened up a can of cream of potato soup, diced up a slice of ham, and added that to the soup, for instance. As a general rule, though, I like 2:1 meat to cheese. Meat will go off faster, though, so take that into consideration.

What kind of a question is this? I buy sandwich meat weekly. I buy cheese slices when I’m running low.

You may as well ask the ratio in which one buys lettuce to salad dressing.

3.14 : 1.

That way I have enough for a pie.

I rarely buy lunchmeat. But I buy Tillamook Cheddar in 5-pound bricks, American cheese in three-pound (sliced) blocks, and sliced provolone in 2-pound packages. And other cheeses in the half-pound range. But then, cheeses keep longer than meats so I can buy them in quantity.

I do buy ground beef five or more pounds at a time. I weigh out 1-pound parcels and freeze them. Oddly, I tend not to make cheeseburgers at home. I prefer them out.

I usually buy half a pound of meat and half a pound of cheese once a week (so 1:1). Lasts a week, and I have an art at making sure they both run out at the same time.

1:0.

Cheese is fine, but not with meat (unless it’s a cheeseburger). For a sandwich, I use meat and bread (on rare occasion, maybe a shake of salt or a dab of mayo).

I prefer lettuce tomato and onion in my sandwiches, and my cheese eaten separately [like a brie, or whatnot with fruit and crackers and chutney] and I don’t buy lunch meats, I tend to use whatever it is I just cooked previously like leg of lamb, roasted chicken/turkey or london broil. Better quality and I can control the flavor profile.

:smiley:

My turkey sandwiches have no cheese on them: just lettuce, onions, sriracha, and mayonnaise. However, I eat a lot more cheese than I do meat. So it’s more like 1:3 for me.

Well, I don’t eat sandwiches (or buy bread) very often, so when I do, I do try to buy the coldcuts and cheese slices in a certain proportion because they’re things I don’t ordinarily eat outside of making sandwiches. It doesn’t often balance perfectly, but it’s still better for me to try to not have too much of one or the other left over.

I usually pick up 2 or 3 kinds of meat, 1/2 to 1 lb. each, and then always get a pound of cheese. It probably averages out close to 2:1. If there’s leftover cheese after the meat is gone, it will not go to waste.

:smiley: good one JM