What do you do with pets when you bug bomb?

The apartment downstairs from us is both vacant and absolutely infested with fleas. Landlord is supposed to come bomb that tomorrow. So as not to feel left out, I bought some for my apartment as part of a comprehensive flea regimen. I’ve used bug bombs in the past, but never with a pet.

What do you do with a cat? I’ve got a screened-in front porch that he loves hanging out in anyway, would that be safe, or is the spray gonna leak out there and hurt him? I’d let him outside to roam, his favorite, but thar be dragons as well, which I sprayed for tonight.

You put one of those flea drop medicines on his neck, and then you board the critter elsewhere. If someone owes you a favor, this is the time to call it in. Otherwise, you’ll have to owe someone a considerable favor, or you can go to a commercial boarding place.

And it is an excellent idea to bug bomb your place now. Heck, I’d see if the landlord would do it as part of a general pest control move, because the fleas WILL shuffle back and forth from one place to another if they can.

Oh, ok. I did the drops a few nights ago, and when i asked my resident pet expert (aka, the girl I know with several dogs), she said she’d hold onto him for a couple of hours. It just seemed weird to take a cat from a place with fleas and leave it with someone with dogs, for fear of cross-contamination.

The flea drops will keep a moderate amount of fleas off your cat, but they can’t kill all the fleas that will attempt to move into your apartment when the bug bombs go off in the apartment below. Treating fleas is a multiple step process, and you must show no quarter, no mercy. You know the “nuke them from orbit” meme…well, this is NOT overkill when it comes to fleas and roaches.

The flea drops will keep a moderate amount of fleas off your cat, but they can’t kill all the fleas that will attempt to move into your apartment when the bug bombs go off in the apartment below. Treating fleas is a multiple step process, and you must show no quarter, no mercy. You know the “nuke them from orbit” meme…well, this is NOT overkill when it comes to fleas and roaches.

Bombing in progress, cat safe and sound. The one thing I hate about bombs over regular spray is that you can’t watch them in their death throes. But since the active ingredients are similar, maybe it’ll kill the gnats and roaches that always seem to come out when it gets hot :wink:

(We’re not just the MOST disgusting people, I promise! My theory is the constant influx of dumpstered produce.)

When I bombed a house I rented, I was amazed at the results. I didn’t even see a spider in the basement after.