Cell Phone Rings Twice Busy

OK, I have my wife’s cell phone and I have never used it before. I think I screwed something up, but I can’t figure it out. So I thought I’d ask

I was home with her cell phone and bored so I called the number and instead of the cell phone ringing. It rings twice then I get a busy signal.

I tried this from my cell (a different provider) and from our landline. It always, rings twice then I hear a busy signal.

Now I come back a few hours later and I call her cell phone, from my landline and it rings fine. Pick it up and I can hear myself

So I try to call HER cell phone from my cell and it rings twice and I get a busy signal.

Now I’m thinking it’s my cell. So I try from my landline and call her cell phone. It rings twice and goes busy. Now I just called on that landline to the cell phone less than five minutes and it worked.

So I try it again from my cell phone and the call goes through.

I wait a bit and try again, 'cause I’m curious by now. And once again, on my cell and the landline when I call her cell phone it rings twice and goes busy.

Any clue of what’s going on here?

Oh and if I just shut her cell phone off, it goes right into voicemail like it should.

I’ve never heard of this, sometimes her cell phone will ring and I can pick up and other times it just rings twice and I get a busy signal.

Is it her cell, her provider, or my cell (a different provider) and landline?