Does Pres. Obama have a speech impediment?

During his speech last night I noticed he sort of ‘whistled’ almost all the time when he said an S sound. I’d never noticed that before, but once I did I almost couldn’t follow what he was saying due to listening to see if it would happen again on the next S.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Or is it an artifact of a flawed microphone or something like that? (I did switch channels and the same whistling on all of them, but if they were using a feed from the same microphone…)
Yeah, I know I should be talking about the content of the speech, but this was just so distracting. :frowning:

It’s an overly sibilant s - many of us have this. A good sound tech can filter this out.

We forget sometimes that even in a “live” setting most politicians are speaking through amplified equipment, and this affects the sound of their voice.

If it’s taken this long to notice it, I’d say it’s not much of an impediment.

Just google “obama sibilant” and see how many results there are. People have noticed before now.

I’ve noticed a throwing impediment and a bowling impediment too.

He seemed a little stiff during the beer summit, too.

I noticed it and assumed that it was a stuffy nose. I didn’t think it was related to his speaking, but rather his breathing.

You mean in this speech, on the debt ceiling? I hear what you’re talking about. I’d never noticed it before, although listening to his interviews again, like the Superbowl interview with Bill O’Reilly and this interview, it’s even clearer. It’s obviously not a major impediment if most people have never noticed it but now you point it out it’s definitely there.

Okay, so it’s not my imagination.

Now I have to desensitize myself somehow so I can go back to listening to what is said rather than how it’s articulated.