Micorfiber or cotton sheets?

So it’s time to buy some new sheets.

For the last few years, Egyptian cotton sheets have been the go-to whenever I’ve made sheet purchases.

Today while perusing the sheet section I noticed microfiber sheets seem quite popular. And similarly priced.

I’ve either never noticed microfiber sheets or they’re a relatively new commodity.

Either way - what are your opinions of differences in terms of function or comfort? Recommendations are welcome.

I bought my kid a set of microfiber sheets at an after-Thanksgiving sale. They get used about once every three weeks, so that’s maybe 27 weeks on the bed. The bottom sheet is wearing out and both the top and bottom are pilling like crazy.

Never again.

I will never own another set of microfiber sheets again! My set is pilling something terrible - I can’t hardly even sleep on them anymore. I’m going 100% cotton from now on.

FWIW, my microfiber sheet set is 600 thread count (or higher).

I have microfiber sheets that I use for summer, and I’ve been very happy with them. I used them last summer and this summer. No pilling whatsoever. I find them very cool and comfortable.

I dislike both Egyptian cotton and microfiber. I want that smooth, crisp, cool finish cotton sheets used to have back in my mother’s day, and the Egyptian cotton sheets I’ve tried had more of a brushed finish. I finally found some mid-range thread count sheets at Target that I like pretty well. I’ve had them for over a year now and they’ve held up very well.

i bought some 500 thread count egyptian cotton pillowcases and i love them. very cool to the touch and washable. i also have a microfiber down comforter that is also light and cool. so i go for either i guess :wink:

Never bought microfiber bedding because I dislike the soft, sort of slimy feel.

However I have some 600 thread count cotton sheets and pillowcases that are about 15 years old and every bit as crisp and smooth as they were when I bought them despite hundreds of washings.