A tattoo and aspirin question

My boyfriend has been bitching for the last year that he finally figured out what he wanted his next tattoo to be and then he ended up on blood thinners. Well, as of 2 days ago, he’s off the blood thinners and on to daily aspirin - at least until November 10 (they want to do some tests but can’t with the warfarin in his system).

So, he asked me, “Can I get a tattoo while on aspirin? How long will it take the warfarin to leave my system?”
I have no clue. Funnily enough, Drugs.com doesn’t stay anything about tattoos. However, it does say to avoid alcohol, which is also a warfarin thing (yes, we know why).
I told him he’d be safest to avoid the tattoo for now but he’s worrying about a lifetime of blood thinners after the next round of tests are done and sees this as his only potential chance to get the Green Lantern symbol somewhere on his body (yes, he’s a nerd…why do you ask? :D)
So - is a daily dose of 325 mg of aspirin too much to allow tattooing?

So no one else has answered so being a tattooed person I’ll jump in to say this

Tattoo’s last for a very long time, the reason they don’t want you on blood thinners is that the ink will wash out in odd and ugly ways.

Just wait a few weeks, you will have it forever.

You really only get one chance on that bit of skin.

My last tat I got after taking a blood thinning aspirin (75mg) - didn’t even think about it - and it’s fine.

That said, it is permanent and 325mg is more than 75. Better safe than sorry.

Aspirin is a blood thinner, but I don’t know whether it’s strong enough that you should avoid getting tattooed if you’re on a daily dose of 325mg of it.

i don’t even remember any bleeding with my one and only tattoo. it may be because of where it’s placed - about an inch or so above the ankle joint bulge. not much flesh there at all, and it smarted a little because of it, i’m sure.

more experienced tattoo-getters may have better intel than i have. do tats placed in fleshier areas bleed more?

Is this only an issue when the tat is applied while on blood thinners? In other words (ignoring the aspirin thing), if he got the tat and then later started on blood thinners would that affect existing tats?

Not once the tat is “set” (I’m sure that’s not the right word) - no more than they would change the shape of your navel. Blood thinners won’t modify a preexisting scar, but they affect the process which creates the scar.

Thanks for the input guys. My forearm tat bled a bit (not because of thinners or aspirin though) and he has said before that he hopes it never happens to him so that’ll probably be enough to keep him from doing it.