Do you ever wish you were the opposite gender?

Just curious, really. Keeping the poll simple, but if you want to elaborate in the thread, feel free.

(This is my first poll, btw, so I hope I don’t screw it up… fingers crossed.)

Female. I chose the last option.

I would jump at the chance to be male - for a weekend. That’s all. Got some 'speriments I wanna do and after that I’d want to go back to being female.

Yeah, I’ve never actually wanted to be a guy, I’ve just wanted to be a lot stronger and able to pee standing up.

When I was a little girl, I did want to be a boy. My brother and I would play together fine, and then the neighborhood kids would come along and all of a sudden it was, “Let’s go do something without this girl!” (Obviously, all the kids of our age in that neighborhood were male). I even got a really short haircut in hopes of fitting in better.

I got over it though.

Only when I need to pee at a picnic.

Oh, wait, menstrual cramps; forgot about those. Yes, pretty much five days a months since age 12. . .

Ummmm, both of those things are possible, actually, you can exercise and get some muscle, also there’s this crazy thing called a FUD which, well, you know :D.
Shocking I know, but I actually went for the second option, only occasionally wanted to be female, and before anyone gets any strange ideas, the few times that thought crossed my mind was merely because I was curious about how the sexual feelings, urges, and pleasure thing all worked out. I also thought that I’d be a hundred times better in bed if I knew just the right way to operate ;).

Never fancied the idea of my bits causing cramps, bleeding, childbirth pain, sitting down to piss, yeast infections and Christ knows what else. All I have to keep in mind with my current set-up is concentrating on not trapping it in a zipper. An AK-47 compared with M-16, if you will.

I never wanted to actually be male physically, but in high school especially I was envious of how men don’t get as much sexual harassment and are at a much lower risk of getting raped.

I’m genderqueer. I’m male, I’m a girl, it’s not a plumbing issue.

Having boyparts is OK but life is easier when people dismiss everything they think that means about personality behavior and other inclinations.

“I’m male and I’m a girl” is shorthand and hence has some oversimplifications but there’s a lot to be said for short and pithy.
& you can be forgiven for not having included this one as an option in your poll :smiley:

I’m male and I wouldn’t mind walking a mile in your strappy pumps, just to see what it’s like. Not interested in actually changing sex though.

Yeah, it might be a nice place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there.

I’m male and I have no interest in being female; not even for a minute.

Now I think I should have done the poll with “I want to be [gender] permanently / temporarily” options. :dubious:

I suck at polling. Oh, well. Next time. :smiley:

Occasionally, when I see a totally stunning woman, I wonder what it’d be like to be someone like that. But that feeling lasts only until I see a totally stunning man.

I’ve never actually wanted to be a woman, but I’ve sometimes wondered what it would be like to be a woman.

I love being a woman most of the time, but sometimes I would like to be a white male, just to be ordinary and fit in all the time and not always be the outsider or the different one.

And to have the power.

Sure. I still have the sinking feeling that men have better sex than women do. I mean, come on. How often can a guy really have bad sex?

Plus all the perks that go along with being male.

Sorry, but take it from me, there’s no power, privilege, or even normality that naturally comes with being white, male, or both. The grass is not greener, unless, for some reason, you choose to be the super dumb high school football heartthrob who earns his college degree and eventually goes on to become a senator who then gets his world turned upside down once those two girls he molested come knocking at his door and his wife gets to talk to them first…

Just curious, but was that the power you were referring to? (Okay, so that was a total dick move on my part, but it was kinda’ funny too :D)

That’s not true. There’s quite a bit of implied power and privilege, even if you can’t see it. You can’t see it because you don’t know anything else.

Yeah, I was expecting that response. Those who walk through life holding all the cards invariably think that there’s nothing special about being who they are.

Walk a mile in my shoes and get back to me, please.