A guy dressed as Frosty the Snowman scares people and they call 911. Really?

I guess peoples fear of crime has really gotten to paranoia.

A guy wanting to spread some holiday cheer goes out on the street and waves at people.

The result: 911 calls? :stuck_out_tongue: What the heck?

Does this guy look scary to you? Especially if all he’s doing is walking down the street and waving at people?

He wasn’t strolling into any banks or stores. He wasn’t a cleverly disguised bandit. I seriously doubt that would be a good muggers disguise either.

Geez, Holiday cheer is tough to spread anymore. Next thing you know Christmas Carolers will have the cops called on them.

This was a small town too. Not the Ghetto in NY or LA.

:eek:

He looks like something ripped from my nightmares, or a Stephen King novel, or the Very Special Christmas Episode of American Horror Story.

Seriously, while well intentioned, that getup is creepy with a capital C.

I was on board with this until I saw the picture.

Frosty eats children!

Well, he is Canadian…

Uh, yeah that is creepy with a captial EEPY.

Can’t speak for LA, but in NYC this creepy-ass costume would most likely go unremarked. Most people see wierder things before breakfast. :smiley:

Aww. I think he was cute and the sentiment incredibly sweet. People like that are just ridiculous. Maybe someday, they’ll do something innocuous, and then the police will be called on them. How silly.

Add the fact that he’s going around rapping on windows and wearing some kind of most un-holiday cheery drab insane asylum/mad scientist jumpsuit. You might as well replace snowman mask with hockey mask, and " spread holiday cheer " with " spread excitement for hockey"

Sounds like a nice guy, but can’t blame the people for being freaked out. Don’t rap on windows wearing masks.

I think he’s an older guy from what I see of his hands. Can’t imagine where he got the green tweed suit.

Part of the fun in costumes is using old bits of clothing from the closet.

You know, in theory it IS incredibly sweet and cute, but did you see the photo? Dude was CREEPY looking.

A different shade of green would have been a much better choice. Or maybe red.

Holy shit. I’d call the cops on Frosty the Droog in a heartbeat. They’ll be able to find him easily because he won’t be moving much after I get the shotgun.

I did, I promise. And I too thought it was an older man. Still seemed cute to me, but then, I’m not easily creeped out and my favorite things for the longest time was clowns. So there ya go.

Yes, his intentions were good, but that is one scary costume. He looks like something out of those Burger King commercials; the ones that featured the actual king mascot.

Where did you read that?

(Or maybe you can tell by his weight? :p)

The article said Van Couver, but maybe that’s in New Jersey or something…

Vanceboro, N.C?

That guy should hold himself lucky that people thought to call 911, rather than immediately driving a stake through his heart or taking his head off with a machete, as any rational person would.

That’s not in Canada?

Dammit.

Fuck yes.

I think he’s creepy, but not enough to call 911. If he was hanging out next to the elementary school, I might call the police, but walking down the street, not so much.