Chose your own afterlife

Poll to follow.

You die and to your surprise things don’t go like you thought they would. Instead of nothingness or judgement or whatever you’re standing with someone who gives you the following options.
[ol]
[li]Oblivion. Your soul will be erased and that’s that.[/li][li]Eternal paradise. You will be in a world you can control, or make random, or whatever. And if it starts getting dull you can change it.[/li][li]Reincarnation. You can chose gender, skin color, nationality, and whether you get born to a poor, middle class, or wealthy family.[/li][li]Nirvana (the Hindu or Buddhist version, not the band.):D[/li][/ol]
What would you chose? I would chose #2.

No “Other” category?
I would like to look forward to becoming a Guardian Angel to some people, and a haunt to some others.

Although I would prefer Morrowind, I chose Oblivion :D. All I ask of my afterlife is unconsciousness.

1. And when I get bored, I can go to one of the other options for a bit and then come back to 2 again. :slight_smile:

Paradise. I don’t want oblivion if there’s a reasonable option, nirvana (at least as I’ve heard it described) has never interested me, and as I’ve mentioned before I regard reincarnation as just oblivion by another name.

What, no Valhalla?

Of course paradise, under your rules. Who wouldn’t? But I don’t want to be praising God or some such thing for eternity, that sounds icky and boring. I’d want to have a great afterlife.

Oh, and FYI, it’s moksha for the Hindus. Just doing my part. :slight_smile:

Reincarnation – but I’ll take my chances! S/b interesting, considering the life I’ve lived so far …

Does reincarnation include complete memories of previous lives?

Under these options I think most will go for paradise, but the really most would want something else.

I chose wandering through time and space.

Oblivion - it’s the only choice for me.

CAKE OR DEATH?

Oh, I’ll have some cake, please. :smiley:

Simply because I just replied in a “Wizard of Id” thread and that was on my mind, this issue reminds me of my all-time WOI strip:

Spook is being held by two guards in the corridor of some prison and is told, “Spook, behind one of these doors is a beautiful young maiden and behind the other is a starving tiger that hasn’t eaten in two weeks. Which door do you take?”

Spook says, “I’ll take the one with the maiden.”

Ditto…

Why would anyone choose oblivion over paradise? I can only guess that it comes from living a life that sucked so bad that you can’t believe even paradise would be pleasant for you.

Based on your descriptions, I’ll take Door #2. But if I start to smell some kind of deity demanding my eternal gratitude, then it’s off to oblivion.

Yeah, pretty much. I know there would be a catch and I’d just end up living this same life over again. Oblivion is the pessimist’s choice.

Nirvana, obviously. Unfortunately, I’m nowhere near ready for that yet. I need at least a few more playthroughs. My only ambition for this one by now is to maybe, *maybe *do well enough to get another human form and not be reincarnated as a rat.

I limited the options to the beliefs (more or less) of the major modern day religions and atheism (the oblivion option).