Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-05-2012, 02:00 AM
grude is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8,596

Straight guys, are you turned off by hetero porn?


I've heard this odd kinda comment from a couple of guys now, either that they are grossed out by hetero porn and cannot get aroused because a male is on screen with his gross dick or that they suspect a male friend might be gay because he watches hetero porn and they believe its so he can fantasize about the man

Now granted these guys were younger than me by about 5 years, all claimed they only like lesbian pornography and anyone watching a man and woman fuck is borderline gay. At least one also had to make a big deal about any amount of non-sexual male nudity in regular films too(freaking out about the brief glimpse of a nude guy in 28 Days Later for instance and I had the urge to tell him to shut the fuck up who cares) so I'm wondering if its just immature insecurity or something.

Personally while lesbian porn(yea I know straight guys probably would have no interest in porn made FOR lesbians) has its features like the focus on cunnilingus which hetero porn often ignores, it does get boring. And a chick fucking another chick with a red rubber strap on just breaks me out of it. I do think older porn had the right idea about the guys, as average an normal looking as possible so they can become an avatar basically.
  #2  
Old 03-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Inner Stickler's Avatar
Inner Stickler is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 15,284
Well, I dunno about straight guys, but I get annoyed when a fellow gay guy shrieks about seeing a vagina in porn or whatever. No, I don't want to fuck it but I don't want to mace it either.
  #3  
Old 03-05-2012, 02:23 AM
VanillaGorilla is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 503
Straight guy here - not turned off by hetero porn.
Guys who are seem a bit like the classic I'm-not-super-sure-on-my-sexuality-so-i'll-talk-loudly-about-how-icky-guys-and-especially-gays-are.
  #4  
Old 03-05-2012, 02:36 AM
Alessan's Avatar
Alessan is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Tel Aviv
Posts: 25,503
I'm not a fan of hardcore porn in general - too mechanical, too inhuman - but the occasional softcore male butt doesn't bother me. If it's essential to the plot, that is.
  #5  
Old 03-05-2012, 02:38 AM
VanillaGorilla is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 503
Too late to edit my previous post - what I'm talking about is of course guys like mentioned in the op, who think that watching man-woman porn is gay. Not liking porn at all is a different matter.
  #6  
Old 03-05-2012, 02:56 AM
gaffa is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 11,313
Is it a generational thing? I'm 51, grew up on "Golden Age" porn, and prefer straight porn. The male star's dick functions as a proxy penis for my own. I look at him receiving some excellent attention from a really skilled porn star like Vanessa del Rio and imagining that my dick is receiving the same attention. Porn viewing is fantasy - me wishing I was in that situation. What part of this is gay?
  #7  
Old 03-05-2012, 03:06 AM
Accidental Martyr is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,143
This is bizarre. I don't think I've ever heard this before. So, these guys think that only watching lesbian or solo female masturbation porn will ensure that you're not gay?
  #8  
Old 03-05-2012, 03:30 AM
Grumman is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,508
I'm a straight guy, and I don't watch heterosexual porn. I like women and don't like men, so why would I want to watch porn with less women and more men in it?
  #9  
Old 03-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Manduck's Avatar
Manduck is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 5,472
When you say they're about 5 years younger than you, what age is that? Because they sound like they're about 15.
  #10  
Old 03-05-2012, 05:00 AM
Reply's Avatar
Reply is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,764
I'm a straight guy and hetero porn doesn't bother me in the least. Except when they suddenly zoom in on the guy's face near the end...
  #11  
Old 03-05-2012, 05:02 AM
grude is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manduck View Post
When you say they're about 5 years younger than you, what age is that? Because they sound like they're about 15.
Nah more like 23-25 range.
  #12  
Old 03-05-2012, 05:06 AM
Alessan's Avatar
Alessan is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Tel Aviv
Posts: 25,503
25 is the new 15.
  #13  
Old 03-05-2012, 05:09 AM
Reply's Avatar
Reply is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
25 is the new 15.
So true.
  #14  
Old 03-05-2012, 05:59 AM
tdn is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 35,871
No.

WTF?
  #15  
Old 03-05-2012, 06:13 AM
yojimbo's Avatar
yojimbo is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 9,453
When I see that nice hairy arse pumping away on top of a woman I picture it as mine pumping away. I like seeing a nice hairy arse pumping away.

Hmmm, nice hairy arse, wait.. what?

Last edited by yojimbo; 03-05-2012 at 06:14 AM.
  #16  
Old 03-05-2012, 06:24 AM
CalMeacham's Avatar
CalMeacham is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 45,582
I'm not turned off by hetero porn, but I'm not turned on by it, either.

The sight of moving naked women is arousing, but I get nothing from watching someone else having sex. Of course, I derive nothing from watched other people play sports, either -- even sports I participate in.

I suspect the two indifferences are closely related. I really don't "get" watching other people have sex. This goes for lesbians, as well. I'm interested because there are two naked women moving around, not because of what they're doing.
  #17  
Old 03-05-2012, 07:05 AM
AqualungBats5th is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by grude View Post
I've heard this odd kinda comment from a couple of guys now, either that they are grossed out by hetero porn and cannot get aroused because a male is on screen with his gross dick or that they suspect a male friend might be gay because he watches hetero porn and they believe its so he can fantasize about the man
I've never heard a dude say this, but if I did I'd just assume this was some form of homophobia on his part. Due to: I can't figure out what else would cause this fixation on the "gross"ness of men/penis. It's basically the idea that sexualizing men is somehow less okay than sexualizing women.

Most of my porn consumption is hetero but sometimes it is a boner killer. For example, when the dude(s) talk too damn much. Also not real interested when they get a little too objectifying or at all rapey toward the ladies. That is what is gross.

On the other hand, I've run into a lot of lesbian porn lately that's all gentle and tender and frankly passionless. I'm as straight as an arrow, but man that is boring to watch.
  #18  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:28 AM
willthekittensurvive? is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: I am here
Posts: 1,309
I seem to remember from some documentary that reason that interracial porn was so popular was because you always could always tell if the bottom you were looking at was male or female, no risk of becoming aroused by male nudity.
  #19  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Baracus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by AqualungBats5th View Post
I've never heard a dude say this, but if I did I'd just assume this was some form of homophobia on his part. Due to: I can't figure out what else would cause this fixation on the "gross"ness of men/penis.
Yeah, I don't really get it. I don't get grossed out looking at my own, why would I get freaked out by somebody else's? These guys better stay away from any type of gym/health club locker room or else they are really going to lose their shit.
  #20  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:36 AM
corkboard is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,371
Straight guy here- I enjoy hetero porn, and I also enjoy lesbian porn. The sight of another guy's cock or ass does not diminish my enjoyment of it, in fact I quite enjoy watching the girl or girls work their magic on the cock/s. For some reason I do not enjoy cunnilingus performed by a guy- I just don't want to see his face in there, for some reason. I think the OP's friends are overcompensating out of a concern that either (i) they like guys, and are afraid to admit it, or (ii) they think that by admitting they enjoy hetero porn, their similarly small-minded friends will assume that means they're gay.

I.e., they're stupid and immature.
  #21  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Der Trihs's Avatar
Der Trihs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California
Posts: 39,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkboard View Post
For some reason I do not enjoy cunnilingus performed by a guy- I just don't want to see his face in there, for some reason.
Same here, or the man kissing her - that also bothers me for some reason. Funny thing is, it's the same thing with homosexual porn; a closeup of full-on man-on-man anal sex doesn't bother me, but men kissing each other is yucky.
  #22  
Old 03-05-2012, 12:00 PM
The Man With The Golden Gun is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,136
I don't like seeing men in porn. Not because it's "gay" or anything, but because male porn actors are almost always ugly as hell.

Seriously, I'm straight and even I wouldn't mind cock in porn if it was attached to a guy that didn't look like he'd been whacked with the ugly stick a few thousand times. Maybe it's just the porn I watch.

I think I read somewhere that many porn studios do this intentionally because most porn is marketed to men and they want to ensure that the men watching will be turned on by the woman and not the man so the watcher won't have one of those uncomfortable "homo moments", as the article I read put it. Maybe I'm just an enlightened type, but having a "homo moment" where I'm briefly turned on by the guy honestly doesn't bother me.
  #23  
Old 03-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Jasper Kent is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 453
This is one of the most amusing threads I've read in a long time-- at least as entertaining as most porn(of any kind).

My 2 cents' worth:
Not homophobic in the least, so seeing male/female or male/male sex doesn't bother me at all. But for arousal, I'll watch female/female every time. I think it's simply because I find women much more attractive than men.

FWIW, my ex-girlfriend(we were together 6yrs) felt the same way. She was bisexual, but would only watch lesbian porn. She was equally attracted to both sexes, but said that women were visually more erotic.

Last edited by Jasper Kent; 03-05-2012 at 12:34 PM.
  #24  
Old 03-05-2012, 12:50 PM
AClockworkMelon is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
Posts: 10,306
I guarantee they watch normal hetero porn. It started with one retard saying it trying to sound very-not-gay and then the other retards agreed with him, also trying to sound very-not-gay.

The only problem I have is when I'm watching a woman get fucked in a porno and it cuts to the guy's face for like five seconds. Really? Do we really need to have a random zoom-in on his face?
  #25  
Old 03-05-2012, 12:57 PM
obbn is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 2,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffa View Post
Is it a generational thing? I'm 51, grew up on "Golden Age" porn, and prefer straight porn. The male star's dick functions as a proxy penis for my own. I look at him receiving some excellent attention from a really skilled porn star like Vanessa del Rio and imagining that my dick is receiving the same attention. Porn viewing is fantasy - me wishing I was in that situation. What part of this is gay?
THIS. Sounds like the friend you are talking about is borderline homophobe. I've seen it in my younger days, one of our friends so intent on showing us that he was an all-American straight male that he would denounce anything as gay. Really stupid, porn is a fantasy, and while I like watching lesbians as much as the next guy all lesbo's all the time would get down right boring.
  #26  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:12 PM
tdn is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 35,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by AClockworkMelon View Post
The only problem I have is when I'm watching a woman get fucked in a porno and it cuts to the guy's face for like five seconds. Really? Do we really need to have a random zoom-in on his face?
Look away! Look away! Aaaaaaah!
  #27  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:18 PM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is online now
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 38,213
Ron White weighs in. NSFW

SPOILER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY711HJK7pg
  #28  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Illuminatiprimus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London (the original one)
Posts: 5,226
That's really silly. I'm gay and enjoy on occasion watching bi porn where the guys fuck the girls, then play with each other, and I seriously get into watching a hot guy putting his hot dick in a vagina that I'm not all that fussed about. So if I can look at something that is in fact alien to me (don't have a vagina, never been near one) and not freak out about it, why wouldn't they be able to look at a penis when they're quite familiar with their own?

Sounds like doth protesting too much, but not because I think they're gay, just sounds like they're of the mindset that conflates being a straight man by being SUPER NOT GAY AND MEN URGH GROSS ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!, rather than just being attracted to women.
  #29  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:20 PM
gaffa is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 11,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by obbn View Post
THIS. Sounds like the friend you are talking about is borderline homophobe. I've seen it in my younger days, one of our friends so intent on showing us that he was an all-American straight male that he would denounce anything as gay. Really stupid, porn is a fantasy, and while I like watching lesbians as much as the next guy all lesbo's all the time would get down right boring.
Thank you.

I don't get straight guys only watching "lesbian" porn - by this I mean the all-female productions intended for consumption by men and straight couples. (I've seen genuine lesbian porn featuring women who look more like K.D. Lang and Rachael Maddow, and it is totally different.) My fantasy life, and porn viewing, is about having sex with hot women. The best way to do that is by seeing the women having sex. And the sort of sex I wish to see is fucking and sucking. And for that you need a penis.

There are few things in this world stupider looking than woman sucking a dildo.
  #30  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Fear Itself is offline
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Flavortown
Posts: 36,256
I love getting blowjobs. I don't enjoy watching blowjobs.

I also don't enjoy watching money shots or facials.

I enjoy watching women receiving pleasure. Men? Not so much.
  #31  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:23 PM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is online now
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 38,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffa View Post

There are few things in this world stupider looking than woman sucking a dildo.
That's for the androidsexuals.
  #32  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Clothahump is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 14,654
I'm hetero, but I don't watch very much porn at all. I have a basic requirement that both individuals be somewhat photogenic and the vast majority of people in porn films are just plain butt-ugly to me.
  #33  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:26 PM
StusBlues is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 4,659
I'm not turned off by it per se, but I earnestly appreciate any and all efforts by the cameraman/editor/director to de-emphasize the man's presence whenever possible.

That, and dildoes take me out of the moment entirely.
  #34  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Jasper Kent is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffa View Post
There are few things in this world stupider looking than woman sucking a dildo.
Now, that is absolutely true!

But for me, I still insist that lesbian porn is arousing if it's reasonably believable.
  #35  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Accidental Martyr is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by AClockworkMelon View Post
The only problem I have is when I'm watching a woman get fucked in a porno and it cuts to the guy's face for like five seconds. Really? Do we really need to have a random zoom-in on his face?
They need an edit point to cut from one shot to another.
  #36  
Old 03-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Chronos's Avatar
Chronos is online now
Charter Member
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The Land of Cleves
Posts: 88,514
Personally, I much prefer porn without men in it (lesbian* or solo), but I don't for a moment think that liking hetero porn makes one gay. The way I see it, there are basically two different ways of appreciating porn: Some guys will identify with the dude in the scene, and if there's nobody to identify with, they'll feel left out. On the other hand, some guys (myself included) mostly don't identify with the guy on screen, and that makes him competition, not an avatar. I don't want to share the hot chick with anyone.

I especially don't get the appeal of fellatio porn. What I'm seeing on screen there is a lady's face, which is something I see live every day, and a guy's penis, which is something I see every time I use the bathroom.

And I agree that dildo blowjobs are especially absurd. Who's the audience for that supposed to be, anyway? My guess would be that the folks who like dildos will be mostly disjoint from the folks who like blowjobs.

*(And yes, I'm quite aware that most of the ladies I'm watching probably aren't actually lesbians, and that it might not necessarily even be something that would be appealing to a lesbian. I'm OK with that. Porn is not about reality.)
__________________
Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
--As You Like It, III:ii:328
Check out my dice in the Marketplace
  #37  
Old 03-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Mister Rik's Avatar
Mister Rik is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The bunghole of WA
Posts: 12,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkboard View Post
For some reason I do not enjoy cunnilingus performed by a guy- I just don't want to see his face in there, for some reason.
I love watching girl-on-girl cunnilingus, but I hate watching guy-on-girl cunnilingus most of the time. Because when girls do it, they tend to get their whole mouth into the action, getting their lips right on the other girl's pussy and their nose buried in the other girl's pubic hair if she has any, or at least where the hair would be, and their whole tongue sliding up and down the slit. They actually look like they're "eating" pussy. Men performing cunnilingus tend to look like they're thinking "camera angle" the whole time, their lips never touching the pussy, their head turned at a weird angle, and their tongue unnaturally extended and waggling away rapidly on the clit.

And the men in hetero porn need to shut the fuck up. Or at least stop trying to do a male version of the "fake orgasm moaning" that the women do. Few things sound as ridiculous as a guy going, "Uh! Uh! Uh! Uh!" while he's coming. Gentlemen, the women have to moan and squeal because we can't see their orgasm. Yours, OTOH, is center stage, in full view. Your moaning and grunting is superfluous, and sounds stupid.
  #38  
Old 03-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Invisible Chimp is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Suicide City
Posts: 2,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Personally, I much prefer porn without men in it (lesbian* or solo), but I don't for a moment think that liking hetero porn makes one gay. The way I see it, there are basically two different ways of appreciating porn: Some guys will identify with the dude in the scene, and if there's nobody to identify with, they'll feel left out. On the other hand, some guys (myself included) mostly don't identify with the guy on screen, and that makes him competition, not an avatar. I don't want to share the hot chick with anyone.
I used to not identify with the dude in straight porn and watched a lot of lesbian porn. For some reason I'm now more likely to see the dude as an avatar and I watch more straight porn. I don't like to watch dudes go down on chicks because seeing the dudes' faces ruins the fantasy that he's me. I do like to watch cunnilingus in lesbian porn.

Thinking that watching straight porn makes you gay because of penis is retarded.
  #39  
Old 03-05-2012, 03:10 PM
tdn is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 35,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible Chimp View Post
Thinking that watching straight porn makes you gay because of penis is retarded.
Eww, hetero sexual porn! That's so gay!
  #40  
Old 03-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Rachellelogram is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,112
Sounds like typical hyper-male posturing typical of the "bro" culture.

I don't care if people make noise during porn sex, as long as it's realistic. Women who squeal with every thrust are a big turnoff, though.
  #41  
Old 03-05-2012, 04:20 PM
gaffa is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 11,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelellogram View Post
Sounds like typical hyper-male posturing typical of the "bro" culture.

I don't care if people make noise during porn sex, as long as it's realistic. Women who squeal with every thrust are a big turnoff, though.
My pet peeve is that whiny, nasal Mmmmmm-Yaaaa! that US porn starlets all seems to be trained to make.
  #42  
Old 03-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Bigshift is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by grude View Post
anyone watching a man and woman fuck is borderline gay.
That's like saying masturbating is gay. It's okay for them not to like heterosexual porn but saying that it's borderline gay is ridiculous. Why would gay people watch hetero porn anyway?
  #43  
Old 03-05-2012, 04:39 PM
grude is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshift View Post
That's like saying masturbating is gay. It's okay for them not to like heterosexual porn but saying that it's borderline gay is ridiculous. Why would gay people watch hetero porn anyway?
I made the topic because I was wondering if this was a trend or something(I do not agree with the reasoning) because I had heard it from more than one person.

Reminds me of The Simpsons "Ew you kissed a girl? That is so gay!"
  #44  
Old 03-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Illuminatiprimus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London (the original one)
Posts: 5,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshift View Post
Why would gay people watch hetero porn anyway?
Well...
  #45  
Old 03-05-2012, 06:09 PM
River Hippie's Avatar
River Hippie is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: N.E. Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,983
No penis in my porn please. I don't care for hard core stuff or gynecology shots but I like nude women alone or with other women. I guess the fantasy for me is that they are just warming themselves up for me.
  #46  
Old 03-05-2012, 06:23 PM
TBG is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,067
Those guys are probably closeted and overcompensating. "EWW a penis in a vagina? Who wants to see that. Oh I mean who wants to see a penis of course, yes, bring on the lesbians. I LOVE LESBIANS BECAUSE I'M SUPER STRAIGHT"
  #47  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:02 PM
toofs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,247
I don't mind hetero porn. The guy is just a stunt cock.
  #48  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Voyager's Avatar
Voyager is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Deep Space
Posts: 47,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffa View Post

There are few things in this world stupider looking than woman sucking a dildo.
Thank you. If it were a hot dog there would at least be some nutritional value.

(Not bothered at all, btw.)

Last edited by Voyager; 03-06-2012 at 01:11 AM.
  #49  
Old 03-06-2012, 04:22 AM
DKW is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 3,039
It's been an eternity since I had the slightest desire to watch hetero hardcore (y'know, the stuff with clearly visible genitalia interacting and the...er, consequences; I hate using loaded, meaningless terms like "porn"). Even when I rented my first adult tape from a local video store...that should give you some idea how freaking long ago this was...it was hard to watch. If I had any alternative, I probably would've given up on it within a month.

I'm with Clothahump that the performers are hard on the eyes. More than that, though, is that hardcore makes sex seem sordid and disgusting. And the performers very rarely look like they're enjoying it at all. Frankly, I have trouble even seeing the point; the typical XXX production has all the eroticism of a punch in the face.

But the huge, huge turnoff, the dealbreaker, the reason I'm never, ever going back?

Semen.

I HATE money shots. Hate them, hate them, hate them. They're foul and disgusting and sickening, and EVERY act ends with one, and I can't even bear to look. That anyone considers them necessary is just another sad example of stupid patriarchial garbage ruining everything it touches thousands of years after its outlived its usefulness. In fact, I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone, heck, even married couples wanting to have a baby, who finds messy ejaculate attractive. (There's a reason it's supposed to go inside a woman's body, y'know.)

Now, softcore, like the kind Playboy used to produce, that has hope. There you'll find romance, chemistry, seduction, the kind of things that make a sexual relationship worth it. But there's good and there's bad, and it depends in large part how much everyone involved cares. The worst softcore is flat-out depressing.

(Man, can't wait to see the kind of responses I'll get for this. )
  #50  
Old 03-06-2012, 04:30 AM
grude is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKW View Post
It's been an eternity since I had the slightest desire to watch hetero hardcore (y'know, the stuff with clearly visible genitalia interacting and the...er, consequences; I hate using loaded, meaningless terms like "porn"). Even when I rented my first adult tape from a local video store...that should give you some idea how freaking long ago this was...it was hard to watch. If I had any alternative, I probably would've given up on it within a month.

I'm with Clothahump that the performers are hard on the eyes. More than that, though, is that hardcore makes sex seem sordid and disgusting. And the performers very rarely look like they're enjoying it at all. Frankly, I have trouble even seeing the point; the typical XXX production has all the eroticism of a punch in the face.

But the huge, huge turnoff, the dealbreaker, the reason I'm never, ever going back?

Semen.

I HATE money shots. Hate them, hate them, hate them. They're foul and disgusting and sickening, and EVERY act ends with one, and I can't even bear to look. That anyone considers them necessary is just another sad example of stupid patriarchial garbage ruining everything it touches thousands of years after its outlived its usefulness. In fact, I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone, heck, even married couples wanting to have a baby, who finds messy ejaculate attractive. (There's a reason it's supposed to go inside a woman's body, y'know.)

Now, softcore, like the kind Playboy used to produce, that has hope. There you'll find romance, chemistry, seduction, the kind of things that make a sexual relationship worth it. But there's good and there's bad, and it depends in large part how much everyone involved cares. The worst softcore is flat-out depressing.

(Man, can't wait to see the kind of responses I'll get for this. )
.............well..........................I........................mostly agree with you. No for real I do, in fact I'm not really a fan of modern commercial porn. Why? The chicks don't even look like humans, they look like porn clones from porn island. They all look the same, hard implant boobs and collagen lips and weird looking bleached vaginas and bleach blonde hair and artificial tan skin tone and press on nails with no pubes.

I prefer classic porn or amateur stuff, there you see attractive but real looking women, and their differences are interesting(you get surprises like pencil nipples too which are a nice bonus) they are attractive but in the way that you might see a hot chick on the street, not human barbie doll.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017