Resident Evil Retribution

I’ve liked most of the Resident Evil movies even though the critic reviews are usually around 25% and the user reviews around 85%. My favorite was Extinction. Went to see Retribution this weekend with high hopes, saw the “digital” version rather than the 3D version. It was the #1 movie this weekend but I bet it won’t be there long.

What a crappy movie. I know it’s based on a video game (and I’ve played the games), but this movie was so much like a video game that to accomplish their goal the protagonists had to fight their way through virtual environments like Berlin, Russia, generic suburbs, etc. I like playing video games but not watching a movie with a video game plot. Really the plot was largely like the first movie including them fighting against the Red Queen, except this time the Umbrella facility was in Russia and had the aforementioned virtual environments.

The creatures looked good but the special effects were very sub-par. I was very aware that most of the environments and “flyovers” were CGI.

My main complaint is for a zombie movie there were not many zombies, instead they were mostly fighting Nazi-esque soldiers in black leather. And of course there had to be a child character for Alice to protect to increase the drama.

Anybody else see it?

My wife has a crush on Mila Jovovich, so she dragged me to see it yesterday. Didn’t like it much at all.

One thing I thought was really weird- everyone was so pretty that they looked CG.

Sigh…

I went to see it…enjoyed it just fine.

You go to these movies to see an attractive woman in a skin tight outfit kick ass…and it delivered.

You have to turn off your brain because if you give it an ounce of thought it unravels and so ruins your enjoyment.

I can be critical of movies but R.E. movies? Just sit back, relax and enjoy hot babes in skin tight outfits kick ass.

Yes, especially the Asian girl, she looked completely artificial.

Yes Mila wearing the paper outfit with no sides was quite yummy.

There was a decent amount of kick-ass, but to me the other team fighting to meet them was just a waste of plot.

Normally I can turn my mind off and enjoy action T&A, but this one just didn’t work for me.