Our campaign yard signs make NY magz.

A friend sent us this link; we didn’t know anyone from New York magazine had taken the picture. Those are our neighbors’ houses in the background:

Congratulations, but the question is…

Are **you ** “Sick and Tired of Deciding the Fate of the Universe”? :slight_smile:

Mow your lawn!

I think there should be a grass-roots operation in Ohio to get everybody to vote for the Independent candidate in 2016. It will either be awesome or break the chain, or both.

I have relatives who live in New Hampshire and they matter-of-factly talk about their personal encounters with pretty much every person who’s run for President in the last twenty years. They seem almost surprised when we point out that most people in the country haven’t had a chance to have a few words with Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Hillary Clinton, John McCain, and George Bush - like they feel meeting the candidate is just a routine part of the election process.

The only political person I’ve met in my life is my city councilman, and that’s only because he lived at the end of the block. That’s as a resident of California, Minnesota and then California again.

A lady I know was chased around a couch once by Arnold Schwarzennegger, but that was back in his pre-Conan days, so I don’t think it counts.

I met Democratic candidate for president Alan Cranston, in 1979. He promptly got annihilated in New Hampshire and dropped out. Later, he was one of the Keating Five.

So, I’ve not only shaken hands with a presidential candidate, but a crooked one! Coo!

What kind of charmed 2012 are you having? 5+ seconds of face time in the biggest movie of the year, now this?

Sort of amusing that, for all the stories about the importance or unimportance or self-inflated importance of Ohio, it was Colorado that put Obama over the top this cycle. Ohio added more votes to the final count but losing the state wouldn’t have mattered at all.

I’m impressed that you matter 1,000 times more than other Americans. No wonder they used your lawn signs for the picture.:slight_smile:

Have you taken down the signs yet?

Nah, we’re good.

I know! Freaky. Now 2013 is sure to suck.

Yes, just within a day or two of Election Day.

Had to bask in the glow of ruling the universe just a little while longer, eh?

Well, he* is *someone who matters 1000 times more than the rest of us…

You said it. Not me.

I can’t believe it. An Obama sign. Out here in California, our support for the blue team was taken for granted. Very few signs and none at all on those street corners where all the other signs appeared. We only had a small handful of those presidential campaign ads on TV. I feel unappreciated now.

In fact Obama could have lost Florida, Ohio and Virginia and would have still won.

When you say Colorado put him over the top, you mean that’s the state that gave him 270+ electoral votes when called, right? That doesn’t make Ohio less important, it’s just sort of trivia based on what time the polls close in different states.

If you take the states in a vacuum, yes. But that’s not really how it works. If Obama had lost those states because of something like weaker support from Latino voters or greater Republican turnout, those trends would have affected other states and Romney almost certainly would have won.

If you start adding states one at a time to a candidates tally by margin of victory then Colorado becomes the state that puts Obama over 270. Just another way of looking at it.

Of course, that wasn’t really the point.

Most signs here (like ours) were placed by individuals, not the campaign. You could (and probably still can) go to barackobama.com, visit the store and buy as many signs as you like.