A slow cook chicken recipe (in the oven)

I’m dying for some slow cook chicken, but lack a crock pot. I’m thinking about doing breasts in a baking dish in a low oven for a few hours. Any suggestions?

Here’s what I have:
3 chicken breast
Chicken stock
Onion soup mix
Onions
Yellow potatoes
Garlic
Many spices

How do I/can I use the above to make a good meal? I’m thinking slice onion and potatoes and set chicken on top, then add stock and soup mix/garlic/spices and cook at 300 covered?

Any suggestions for similar with beef would be great, too.

Onion soup mix is pretty salty, so you have to be careful about that. I like salt, but I wouldn’t want to use more than about a third of a packet of onion soup mix for the dish, if I used it at all. Otherwise, your idea sounds pretty good. I will go as low as 275 degrees for slow roasting.

If you have a rib of celery and a carrot or two, put that in the dish as well. You can cut it up into slices or into larger chunks.

If you have rosemary, put some in, but it’s pretty strong, so be careful. Sage and thyme are good as well.

For beef, yeah, you can use essentially the same ingredients, except you might want to leave out the rosemary, sage, and thyme. Put in a half or whole bay leaf. You can use broth, or a small (4-6 ounce) can of tomato juice or V8.

Most people will want black pepper on either dish, preferably fresh ground. If you use the soup mix, don’t add any additional salt, otherwise you can put some salt on it.

Thanks!

I hope to try it today. No carrots, but I do have celery (not sure if any good yet).

Here is my favorite crock pot recipe:

Put meat in it. Dump on some liquid. Turn it on. Eat 8 hours later.

Thanks!

Wait, I set my oven to what for how long?