Farting Federal Employee gets Written Reprimand.

Who was the anal retentive jerk that logged every fart? Maybe they could get some office work done instead of harassing this guy. Buy a scented candle for gosh sakes.

Five page reprimand for farting. That stinks. :stuck_out_tongue:

My WAG (pun not intended, d’oh) is that he was “crop-dusting” people’s desks/cubicles or otherwise dropping the stink bombs in such a way as to gas people out intentionally. And since the federal government probably frowns on cramming activated charcoal up a coworker’s ass, you have to document adverse workplace conditions instead.

I have to believe that the employee was making an aggressive game out of farting. I doubt that anyone would take the trouble to make that detailed a documentation unless it truly was a problem. Obviously, it was more than a couple of “Oops, pardon me,” moments.

Reprimanded employee deserved it.

I believe this calls for the tried and true smelt it/dealt it defense.

There has got to be a bean-counter joke in there somewhere.

Why is he wearing shorts in that photo with Pepe Le Pew? He should be wearing charcoal pants.

I wish there was no photo. It’s smell-o-vision.

I can’t believe I just read that whole thing. His excuse from the summarized article was “lactose intolerance.” Well, then stop consuming lactose, dumbass. I had this weirdo coworker once who I think was not just intolerant of lactose but allergic. She would eat stuff with cheese in it anyway, and within 30 minutes or so would start puking. She seemed to think it was no big deal. Uh, really, the people who have to be around you in this big room really don’t want to see you hurling into random trash cans, don’t care how unobtrusively you think you’re doing it, Grossie Josie.

He should have just said that work gives him the vapours and he’s simply providing his own smelling salts.

ROFL,

My stepson is good in that area. He once had a letter sent home from the school principal requesting he not be fed eggs for breakfast anymore after he cleared the classroom on more than 1 occasion. :smiley:

He moved in with me for 6 months a few years back when his relationship broke up and he needed somewhere to live. I like chilli and curry’s and also like salad. he would take leftovers to work for lunch, which is a habit I’ve been in for years. The breaking point for his workmates was a salad combining (among other things) chick peas, egg and chilli.

I picked him up from work and he had a real sheepish look when he told me his workmates didn’t like my cooking. They had to open the roller door on a freezing cold day to air the place out.:D:cool:

Have these people never heard of Beano?

Are people who produce copious amounts of flatus a protected class?

In the workplace their arses are covered. Though who knows what noisome and nauseating nudity they get up to at home.

I think the Supplied it/Denied it prosecution case would outweigh that…

My first supervisor was a System Analyst and I was his rookie programmer. This dude loved to cut farts when he got bored in a meeting with his programmers. Ended the discussion pretty quick.

Farts I can tolerate. Walking into the office bathroom when someone is taking a dump is too much. I’ve retreated several times literally gagging and trying not to throw up. I wonder sometimes how the paint stays on the walls.

Here’s the tale of the farting dentist, in which we see a noxious assembly of antisocial and unproffesional behaviour.

Thank God I have a job in a right to fart workplace.

Ah. A right to work fartplace.

How in the world did he cut loose on demand?

I personally find it very painful to not vent gas.

I used to work in a lab full of fume hoods. Never had to worry about this sort of thing. I miss those fume hoods.

If they had to get to the “document” point, then the employee had been spoken to any number of times and failed or refused to do anything about their chronic flatulence.

This is not a ‘protected class’.