Breaking Bad's Dean Norris to play Big Jim in SK's Under the Dome TV series

Apparently.

Now this is two of my favorite things coming together. For one, I really enjoyed/liked the Under the Dome novel. I’ve read (on here, even) that a lot of people didn’t, though…for reasons like the “bad” characters were just too bad and didn’t get proper payment back to them and stuff like that… but I thoroughly enjoyed it, myself.

And as for Breaking Bad, I think it’s among the best television series on tv right now, maybe even one of the greatest of all time. Dean Norris is a great actor, I think…so let me be the first to say that if this is true, I’ll definitely be tuning in. I mean, I was going to anyway; but even if I didn’t care to see it, I might have checked it out just for the sole reason that Dean Norris will be in it.

I can definitely get behind that casting. Norris ought to be able to nail Big Jim Rennie’s smug superiority and underlying evil core. When I read the book, I pictured the dude who played ex-astronaut Maurice Minnifield on Northern Exposure as my Rennie. Norris is superb in Breaking Bad, bringing layer upon layer of depth to Hank and his counterpoint to Walter.

**Under the Dome **is so-so for me with regard to SK books–I tried to re-read it last summer and found myself skipping huge chunks of text–but there are enough interesting characters and memorable moments to keep me eager for the TV version.

This is wrong. The Internet already decided that John Goodman was going to play Big Jim. You do not go against the will of the Internet.

I’ll still watch it, but I pictured Goodman during my reading before they’d even announced the show.