My Son Performed at Carnegie Hall!

My son who is a dancer called to say he’d be performing at Carnegie Hall! He has already performed. He lives in NYC as a dancer working hard to make ends meet. He loves dance, is doing what he truly loves, and knows the deal about being a “struggling artist”. He is not an engineer like me in the high-tech world. But he is doing what he loves! He is a member of a dance company in NYC.

And, Carnegie Hall!! He said it was a great experience and a great venue.

Sign me,
One Proud Papa

Nice accomplishment! Congrats, proud papa!

did he practice?

Congratulations! :smiley:

?? His name isn’t Allen Iverson.

Hahaha, I was going to ask how he got there.

Carnegie Hall joke.

Edit : And that quote makes me want to slap A.I.'s shit so hard…

Personally I’d take the. N/Q/R subway. :smiley:

:stuck_out_tongue: Good one. Yes, he practiced. As a kid he worked his ass off. But you know what? He loved it. It was his passion. Since he loved it, it wasn’t work for him, not really. Although he certainly worked hard to build strength, flexibility, and his technique.

He grew up and followed his heart, even when some instructors said he’d never be a professional dancer because his bone structure (hips turn out, for any dancers out there) would not allow him to get far.

It’s like the NFL football commercial from several years ago where the actor Don Cheadle said the heart is the strongest muscle in the human body.

Congratulations to your son, echo7tango and also to you!

Yes, but that’s just to save little old ladies from muggings along the way… :wink:

Congratulations! It’s tough to make a living in the arts, and in New York? Amazing! As the song says, if he can make it there…