Am I the only one in the world who loves Arby's?

I was first introduced to Arby’s at the age of 11, and I have been in love ever since. I don’t eat there much anymore because it’s kind of spendy, but I still love the regular old roast beef sandwiches, no sauce, no cheese, no nothin’. Call me a Philistine if you want, but it’s the bomb.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Thanks,
Rob

Ech…
Too salty, too processed tasting, and nothing resembling even a slight taste if beef.

I’ll pass :slight_smile:

Never been a fan, but I’ve known plenty of people who love it. I mean it’s a ok sammitch, but nothing special.

I don’t recall a single time that, by myself, I’ve chosen to go to Arby’s.

I have a thing for the red ranch sauce on the beef and cheddars. Trips just the right circuits in my brain. I don’t go anymore though, because they don’t have the loaded potato bites and so now I’m boycotting Arbys.

You are not the only one :slight_smile: - I love the Beef n Cheddar with extra Arby’s sauce.

For a time they had Deli Style sandwiches that I thought were quite good as well.

Beef and Cheddar, no Arby’s sauce, extra cheese. Food of the gods.

I worked at one '79-83. The main problem is that a beef roast, either an actual roast or beef “loaf”, is not well suited to the fast food environment.
You screw up a hamburger patty, chuck it and make another. Screw up a roast and you either serve sub-par beef or you leave yourself short of product for a while. (Roasts were cooked based on hourly sales and were going in the oven most of the day rather than all at once in the morning.)

Then keeping the roasts hot without drying and making a properly portioned sandwich was dependent on the crew rather than the beef being pre-portioned.

While I was there, they were still baking the potato cakes. Same problems with scheduling the bakes.
You really needed a sharper crew than at a burger place.

We don’t have an Arby’s nearby and I ate at one for the first time in 30 years just a few months ago. I did miss the Jamocha shakes.

Yeah, the Beef and Cheddar sandwiches are pretty good. It’s not the best, but they hit the spot when you’re really hungry. Their orange and cream shakes though are luscious! (They used to have a mint chocolate one too – yummy!)

Arby’s has the very best dessert of any fast food operation - their astounding apple turnover. (Hardee’s has something they call a turnover, but it’s a mediocre imitation McDonald’s pie.)

It’s tender, flaky and delicious.

I just checked, and they have cherry and chocolate ones as well!

Apparently you’re my evil twin–I hate that red ranch sauce with a passion. I’m not sure if it was a “recent” addition, or if they just didn’t do it in my neck of the woods, but I grew up on B&C’s w/o it–just the good, good Arby’s sauce. There’s something about how the cheese sauce and the Arby’s BBQ sauce mix that is just perfect. Om nom. So yeah, I dig Arby’s. Won’t go out of my way for it, but there’s one on the way to the airport where I’m taking lessons. Stop there pretty much every time.

Yes I do love me some Arby’s… just don’t have one near me:-(

At the time I worked there, it was Pepperidge Farms turnovers. Don’t know if that’s still the case.

Did you see the other Arby’s thread that’s been active recently?

I do like Arby’s, but I’m disappointed that they no longer have the Super Roast Beef and Onion Petals, which are what I used to go there for.

One regular roast beef, one beef ‘n’ cheddar, one potato cakes + plenty of Arby & Horsey sauce = Heaven.

Don’t go anymore because there aren’t any near here (there are some in the Bay Area, but much farther afield and out of the way of my everyday activities), but will always remain a fan.

Have you asked? When I worked at Arby’s the Super was not on the menu board but we still had the build sheet for it and it was in the system so customers could still order it. I can’t imagine they couldn’t still create one for you, what was it mayo, leaf of lettuce, 5 oz rb, and red ranch sauce?

The side items and the shakes are particularly worth the trip.

I think they still have a couple of those deli sandwiches on the menu, at least around here. They are really good.

I like the classic roast beef with a side of potato cakes. Sure, it’s salty, but I’m one of those folks who doesn’t have to worry about salt restrictions so once in awhile I stop for one.

Plenty of people still like 'em (my wife included.) I’m just not a fan. I have a recollection of liking them in the mid-80s, but every couple years or so I give them another shot, and I just don’t like it. (I have a similar experience with Wendy’s. Loved them in the 80s. Now, not so much and every time I give them another try, I’m let down.) I don’t know if their product changed or my tastes have changed. Buffalo, NY, has a regional beef and frozen custard chain called Anderson’s that I do like. Unfortunately, it’s very regional, with locations only in the Buffalo and surrounding area, so far as I can tell.

Now, for salty Buffalo has those super salty roast beef things, roast beef on a bun that’s heavily salted on top. They call 'em beef on weck, don’t they? Oh, and because they’re not salty enough don’t forget the dill pickle.