Six packs (stomach muscles) are weird

I wonder why six pack muscles are the way they are. They’re like little lumps. It doesn’t make sense.

They look kind of sexy though. Even on girls:

You nearly managed “not creepy” there for a bit…

I wonder why you are the way you are.

Sorry I can’t talk about my life until after July 1… :frowning:

Here a classic He-Man figurine is really lumpy all over…

Though that picture of that woman was mainly just lumpy on her six-pack.

Aww, rats!! The Man gotcha on lockdown, eh? Solidarity bruh. <fistbump>

I’ve had the shittiest week being stressed out to the absolute max. With one thing and another, my life and livelihood has been the microscope (personal microscope mostly), and I had grave fears I might go ‘under’ so to speak. :frowning:

Then I see yet another thread by JohnClay, and I get to laugh my arse off with the realisation that I’ve got nothin’ to worry about in the big scheme of things.

Keep pushing those boundaries John…July 1st will be here before you know it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Good god, why did I click on this link!

So funny. I feel exactly the same way.

The muscles do make sense, although I suppose there are alternative options that could have been implemented at the early phases of species design.

Basically, muscles need to contract in order to work. You have to contract a whole muscle so shorter muscles give you a more granular level of control. On something like an arm, a long bicep is fine because the bones already limit movement, but on your abdomen, the lack of bones mean smaller muscles have some advantage.

As far as appeal… A six-pack on a guy seems OK to me, though it’s not something I would even want. On a woman, though? No thanks. The woman in the picture you posted? :eek:

No, she has other lumps too. But she had to pay for them in installments.

Easy way to have sixpack abs…

I have been working out a lot for the last couple of years, but do not have the willpower to control my food intake. All the core strengthening exercises have given me a six-pack. I can feel it right there under the inch and a half of insulating blubber.

What muscles don’t look like lumps (after they’re ‘built’)??

I wonder why you think this is a place to spew your random thoughts like facebook.

First off John Clay brings enjoyment to many posters.
Secondly if people didn’t spew their random thoughts then this message board may as well just shut down because there’d be no posts.

GQ = Hey I wondered a thing. Assplain.

GD = Hey I wondered a thing. Lets argue about it.

CS = Hey I wondered an entertainment thing. Lets discuss.

IMHO = Hey I wondered a thing. Do you wonder something similar?

Mundane = Hey I wondered a thing and just had to share.

Pitt = Hey I wondered a thing about this asshole. Lets call them an asshole.

They look like tiny boobies. Think about it, JohnClay :wink:

What is it with you and women’s bellys? It’s like abdominal Goldilocks.

She looks like she got those abs from an upholsterer. Yuck.

Some of y’all are crazy; that lady is totally smoking’ hot.

That’s because most Dopers struggle to get aroused by a woman who lacks a rat’s nest of a hairdo and a mature fupa. Because it’s personality that counts, right? :wink: