car rotor question

I have a 1970 chevelle with rotors that measures 11" and has a 5 X 4 3/4 bolt pattern
Anyone know of a rotor that is an identical match to this but has a 5 X 5" bolt pattern.?
I tried to use wheel adapters but it kicks the wheel out 1" and too close to the fender.
I have the same problem with the rear axles. I really don’t want to drill out the patterns
in the rotors and axles unless it is the last resort . Thanks for any help monteragg

You kind of lost me, what exactly are you trying to do? Replace the rotors?

You might be better off asking at vintage Chevy forum where you’re more likely to find someone with an encyclopedic knowledge of 70’s GM brake parts.

With the hub-in-rotor style brakes, the chances of a rotor for another car just so happening to fit are fairly slim. It looks like there may be aftermarket rotors out there with a 5x5" bolt pattern, but they seem to mostly be for track applications. I presume the idea here is to fit different wheels on the car?

Wheel adaptors work where you are not locked into the one wheel RIM … you can get RIM’s with different offsets, so as to correct for the adapter.

You probably shouldn’t drill… I don’t see much metal left over at the outside…

Give these guys a call… did they make your non-standard parts ?

Before you call anyone, you need to measure your rotor diameter. AND number of splines.
If you go to 85 Caprice 12" rotors, you’d get 5x5 but the rotor is 12" not the regular 11". Maybe this is what you have, depending … If you change the rotor size then the brake mount has to change … and the larger rotor , with caliper fitted over, has to fit inside the wheel rim…

From here, http://www.wheelsupport.com/chevrolet-gmc-bolt-pattern/ , all the 5x5 bolt patterns have the 78.3 mm hub bore. Depending on RIM construction you might be able to change the hub bore … or the rim may block it and you need to keep the hub bore same or smaller as the rim’s bore…

I like the advice about looking for this info on specific car sites on the web. There will be experts on these cars on those sites. I am NOT one of those experts.

With that in mind, you might look at a Buick, Oldsmobile, or Pontiac of about the same size for that bolt pattern. GM liked/likes to keep the tooling as close to the same as possible for all of there offerings. The rotors for many car makes & models are all made at one factory.

I do know that the Buick roadmaster had the 5 X 5 bolt pattern in those days. I do not know if other Buicks did though.

IHTH, 48.