Iphone Purchase

I live in Canada, if I drive 20min across the boarder I can buy and unlocked iphone 5s from the apple store for $70 cheaper than I can here in Canada. Problem is they know this so they won’t honor the 1 year warranty on the phone because it’s american. I’m trying to think of a way around this, any thoughts?

You’re gonna piss off the boarder.

Moderating

Jiggyjake, we’re not here to help violate warranty agreements. This is closed.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

Moderating

Jiggyjake, we’re not here to help violate warranty agreements. This is closed.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

Moderator Action

After some discussion, we have decided to re-open this thread.

Please note that responses involving warranty fraud (or any other illegal act) are not permitted here.

Thread re-opened.

Why follow the herd - Buy an Android phone in Canada.

For $70, don’t worry about the warranty. Buy a new phone if this one tanks.

Even if the warranty isn’t valid in Canada, it should still be valid in the US, right? If you need warranty service, just drive that 20 minutes again.

The phone doesn’t cost $70; that’s the savings from purchasing it in the US rather than Canada.

I’m not understanding what the problem is. Why should using the phone in Canada void the warranty?

I read through it real quick, but I don’t see anything (again it was a quick scan) that would prohibit you from doing this if you came back to the US:

Is the intent of the OP to get it serviced in Canada?

Nm

Are you sure the warranty isn’t honored, I mean honoured, in Canada? Going the other way, I received warranty repairs on my Canadian-purchased Mac Book Pro at one of the Apple Stores in NYC.