"Cheers" was an Autistic child's dream. (Possible spoilers of old 80s shows).

So was “Frasier”.

Exhibit A: A clip from “St. Elsewhere” where the doctors visited a Boston bar name “Cheers” where Carla insults the doctors, Cliff tries to get free medical advice, and Norm is Dr. Auschlander’s former accountant who got him in trouble with the IRS. St. Elsewhere meets Cheers - YouTube

Exhibit B: The finale of St. Elsewhere: - YouTube

This link: The Show that Ruined Television | The Saturday Evening Post
claims that hundreds of shows are affected by this.

It has a link to a site that supposedly documents the links between the shows but unfortunately it’s a dead link.

So how were these various other shows affected by this and what other shows were affected?

If “The Bob Newhart Show” really is connected, that adds a whole new layer involving “Newhart”.

What does this have to do with an autistic child’s dream?

Did you look at the links?

That is truly the unintended consequence of St Elsewhere’s ending. However, one could argue Cheers and their staff and customers were real and maybe somewhere the family went, that he integrated into his fantasy.

The autistic kid could have visited the Cheers bar and incorporated that in his snowglobe fantasy.
ETA: Or what IvoryTD said a minute before me.

It’s Tommy Westphall’s World, and we’re just living in it. Actually, if you do a search on Tommy Westphall and/or St. Elsewhere you will find we’ve covered this topic many times before.

Wow. My links really got messed up. The first one was supposed to be this:

It’s too late for me to edit it. Maybe a mod can fix it.

And it’s no longer Tommy Westphall’s World-It is now Tommy Westphall’s Universe,it seems. :smiley:

375 at current count.

Here’s a starting point, no idea how accurate it is.

Sure, or his family could watch a lot of TV and he could have incorporated things he saw on TV into his fantasy. But that’s no fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

Whoa. St. Elsewhere is a TV show in another fictional world, as seen/interpreted by an autistic child.

My head hurts…

No. St. Elsewhere could have been purely his imagination but the crossover with Cheers, for example, may be something he got from watching TV.

I’m sorry I acknowledge this is a little lazy of me but can someone explain to me real quick: What is a quick way to find out how a particular show is connected to all this? For example, apparently somehow Breaking Bad ends up mixed up in the network of shows, but I don’t see an explanation as to how this is so.

The only thing I can think of that even remotely has a crossover with Breaking Bad is The Walking Dead and that’s a stretch.

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/03/breaking-dead-is-breaking-bad-a-walking-dead-prequel/

I have no idea how The Walking Dead would connect to St. Elsewhere.
(Better Call Saul obviously relates to BB but that can’t be the connection since it hasn’t premiered yet.)

I asked this in one of the other threads:

From Googling, Fox Mulder had an account at Cradock Marine, and in BB "Cradock Marine Bank is a bank, a branch of which is used by Dan Wachsberger to deposit hazard pay for the families of Mike’s “nine guys” and Kaylee Ehrmantraut."

Done.

They forgot one, the most compelling one of all which proves that reality itself exists only in Tommy’s fevered imagination…

Cops

Remember, the X-Files had a cross-over episode with Cops, which means that Cops is a figment of Tommy’s imagination. But if Cops… a reality TV show that is based on real-world arrests… is in the Tommyverse, we all are.

… Whoa…

So then… he imagined a universe that contains a TV show about him imagining a universe that…

Tommy Westphall imagined himself into existence.
Tommy Westphall is, for all intents and purposes, God.
Mods, can we have this thread moved to Great Debates, please? :smiley:

Could Tommy Westphall be… Bob?