Internet Explorer 11 -- Show 'working' in tabs?

Internet Explorer has a tab with the name of the website in it. Tabs start on the left side, just above the toolbar. Before I went on vacation, the little icon on the left side of the tab would turn into an arrow that went around clockwise when a page was loading. For example, I’d go to an FTP site and click the button to upload data. The arrow would go around to show, like progress bars used to, that the computer is actually doing something and there wasn’t an error. Now that little circling arrow is doesn’t come up. I don’t know if something’s done or isn’t. If it’s not, I don’t want to leave the page.

How do I get some sort of indication that something is happening?

Move to Chrome baby, move to Chrome. IE is for farmers.

Are you using IE11 in Windows 8 (“immersive”) mode? If so, the progress “spinner” icon is replaced by dots dancing across the screen above the address bar instead.

If you’re using it in regular desktop mode (draggable window and everything), that’s weird… I see the spinner just fine on mine. Maybe try resetting IE settings?

(Sorry, meant to start a new thread and accidentally posted here)

Moderator Note

The OP may have some specific reason for using IE (some businesses require it and don’t allow other browsers, for example), or the OP may just prefer IE for some reason. Answers like this aren’t helpful and don’t address the question, and saying “IE is for famers” comes off a bit like a threadshit. Please don’t do this again.

No warning issued.

Windows 7 Professional.

I tried re-setting Explorer. (Haven’t finished my first cup of coffee yet, so I’m confused as to why the instructions say to close IE and then open it up again.) I won’t be able to see if the spinning arrow is back until I finish a file and upload it.

OK, got it back.

Thanks! :slight_smile: