Calgon Take me back!

This is a question for women, I suppose, and men who know about hair.

I have wavy hair, not curly , jusy a slight wave. When I use shampoo and conditioners, it either dries out my hair, or gives it way too much body. So I quit using both. My hair soon had just enough oil in it to keep it smooth and flat.

Last night my SO told me it stunk.

Shouldn’t my SO love me for who I am? :smiley: Well, my question is, should I keep up with my same routine, and use some tea tree oil, or some other nice smelling oil, to make it smell nice, or should is there a shampoo/conditioner out there that will keep my hair weighted down,smooth and not stinky?

There is an herbal store with about a thousand smells to choose from near to my house, if you have any recommendations for a pleasant smell.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Um, I don’t want this to be a discussion about my posing this to women only, or suggesting that all women know something about hair. So I want to clarify and repose the question to anyone who knows anything about hair. :slight_smile:

I have (or used to have) a similar type of hair, although mine was very fine in addition to being wavy, so I didn’t have quite as much of a problem with volume. I wore my hair very long and found that washing it every other day was fine, especially if you use a natural bristle brush, gently, help distribute the oil.
You might also look for someone who specializes in cutting that type of hair. The right style might make a big difference.

(I’m speaking in the past tense about my hair, because it changed quite a bit after my first pregnancy, probably due to a thyroid imbalance.)