Old 11-11-2016, 01:13 AM
BANNED

This Isn't Hillary Clinton's Fault. Where's Obama?

Hillary Clinton was running against the tide of history; for the last 80 years, in every election in which a party has sought a 3rd term, the WH's party's nominee has won a lower share of the two-party vote, lower all-party vote, and lower electoral college vote. FDR fell in 1940 from 1936, in 1960 Nixon fell from Ike '56, in 1968 HHH fell from LBJ's landslide, and even in 1988, Bush Sr. won by a lot smaller margin in both electoral and popular than Reagan did 8 years before, as Gore fell in pop margin and electoral total from Clinton four years before. Ditto McCain in 2008. Hillary had an uphill climb for anyone. Yet unlike McCain, HHH, Nixon '60, and Dewey, Hillary got the most votes. Even tho this time is an instance of pop/electoral split, its still relatively rare: 58 US elections have only 5 sub-plurality winners in 240 years. 2 in the last 125 years.

She has had a hostile media forever that held her to higher ethical standards than anyone else. She is a natural moderate in a party that Barack Obama moved far to the left in cultural issues. She did not force Obama to move his party so far left on issues like transgender bathrooms, Washington Redskins, nor did she force his surrogates and media cheerleaders to make "white privilege" talk to the political mainstream, nor did she tell Obama to butt into Trayvon/Zimmerman. Bill Clinton stayed out of OJ: given the American public was divided on Trayvon/Zimmerman and it was kind of he said/she said with no video tape, he should've kept mum. I think gay marriage was the right thing; but societies don't like fast change, and after gay marriage, Obama shoulda hit the breaks on such social issues, and hit them hard; democracy has consequences and backlash.

Exit polls had Trump besting Hillary on the terrorism question as badly as Bush did Kerry in 2004. Hillary used the term "Islamic extremism" in the 2000s; she didn't force Obama to call Fort Hood "workplace violence," she was long out of office for Obama's Iran $150 billion giveaway that is highly unpopular in polls; she didn't force Obama to do the refugee thing, which had substantial resistance, even resistance among 47 Congressional Dems last year. She didn't force Obama to put daylight between America and a very popular ally.

Obama said he wanted to "transform" America to the left like Reagan did to the right. Only Obama forgot that he could win because he got a level of black turnout to come out for him at levels that only occur when a black is on the ticket, and appealed to younger liberal voters because he is the diversity that they've been fed in schools for decades. The media also claimed he was "scandal free," nevermind Solyndra and Fast/Furious. Obama got his party to go along because yes, he is likeable and charismatic, but also they convinced themselves that the demographics were changing too fast for Republicans. Obama may have done better than Hillary with WWCs in 2012 than Hillary in 2016, but his performance in 2012 was a downward move from 2008; Hillary merely continued HIS trend. He and his party forgot that whites are still the majority of America, and the majority of rural and exurban inhabitants. In America, as elsewhere, rural people are more conservative and traditional. And they vote.

Obama did a bad job addressing movements like Occupy and BLM. By not calling out Occupy, he let the far-left take over the grassroots of his party, and foist Bernie Sanders to weaken Hillary. With BLM, he coulda had a Sister Souljah moment. Both movements had some good arguments; it was up to Obama to address the good arguments but disavow the extreme elements and do it hard. Why didn't Obama come down on safe spaces bit harder? By not doing so, he let the Dem-leaning youth voters move the party to a place Hillary had no choice but to court to get them to vote in 2016.

Obama was very wreckless with his political capital; when he got re-elected by less than he got initially elected, a first for a re-election to a 2nd term since 1916, he should've known better than to potentially screw his successor over. Every POTUS given a second term after 1916 until 2012 got a higher two-party vote, higher all-party vote, and higher electoral vote the second time, except him. Did Hillary run the best campaign? No. But Obama's ideological zeal and what he turned the Democratic Party to is in part to blame for the election of Donald J. Trump.

Last edited by DerekMichaels00; 11-11-2016 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:20 AM
Charter Member

tl/dr

Can you summarise your argument or rant please?
Old 11-11-2016, 01:31 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kambuckta View Post
tl/dr

Obama moved the party so far to the left during his eight years, and even moreso in his second term, that moderate/conservative former Democrats left the party and made it impossible for a boring non-young white person to win after him.

Last edited by DerekMichaels00; 11-11-2016 at 01:31 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:33 AM
BANNED

Quote:
tl/dr

He's an idiot concern troll. There's the summary from my end.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekMichaels00 View Post
Obama moved the party so far to the left during his eight years, and even moreso in his second term, that moderate/conservative former Democrats left the party and made it impossible for a boring non-young white person to win after him.
Have you ever posted anything that isn't completely fucking stupid?
Old 11-11-2016, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Obama moved the party so far to the left during his eight years, and even moreso in his second term...
Hahahaha, hahaha. Hahahahahaha. Good one.

...wait, you were being serious?
Old 11-11-2016, 02:08 AM
Yo soy pinche idiota
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post
If they have, I haven't seen it.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post
Nope.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:10 AM
Charter Member

Are you serious? Do you have any comprehension what 'left' and 'right' mean in politics?

Oh, I see others have beaten me to the punch!

Old 11-11-2016, 02:15 AM

Quote:
What exactly did Obama do to move the party far to the left? Given your rants in other threads about campus safe-spaces, gender-studies majors, and other liberal caricatures, I don't think your political opinions are relevant. Instead, you just want to rant against some strawman liberal that has absolutely nothing to do with reality.

Obama has nothing to do with, and has no power to do anything with, campus safe-spaces, gender-studies majors, trigger warnings, or whatever other bongo-drumming hippie liberal beatniks infest the 'campus liberalism' you're breathlessly upset about. I think trigger warnings are silly too, but that has nothing to do with politics. Obama is the running the executive branch of the federal government, not running the student union at a state college. He was just a center-left Democrat with some minor accomplishments, some minor setbacks, and an inability to get much legislation through Congress. You're not upset about him; you're upset because of some clickbait you found on the news or some website that's made you angry, and you've somehow decided that it actually matters. Just give it a fucking rest, man. Nobody cares about your stupid shit.

Last edited by Itself; 11-11-2016 at 02:18 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:31 AM

It is his trolling performance since his inception, as he tries to promote a certain extremist hatred-bigotry agenda by pretension of wearing a diffrerent political masque.
it is not worth any discussion or engagement.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:42 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itself View Post
What exactly did Obama do to move the party far to the left? Given your rants in other threads about campus safe-spaces, gender-studies majors, and other liberal caricatures, I don't think your political opinions are relevant. Instead, you just want to rant against some strawman liberal that has absolutely nothing to do with reality.

Obama has nothing to do with, and has no power to do anything with, campus safe-spaces, gender-studies majors, trigger warnings, or whatever other bongo-drumming hippie liberal beatniks infest the 'campus liberalism' you're breathlessly upset about. I think trigger warnings are silly too, but that has nothing to do with politics. Obama is the running the executive branch of the federal government, not running the student union at a state college. He was just a center-left Democrat with some minor accomplishments, some minor setbacks, and an inability to get much legislation through Congress. You're not upset about him; you're upset because of some clickbait you found on the news or some website that's made you angry, and you've somehow decided that it actually matters. Just give it a fucking rest, man. Nobody cares about your stupid shit.
he created an atmosphere of such extreme political correctness that bred the safe spaces. He also coopted the stuff taught in gender studies, like transgenderism. He also co-opted the line that Islamic terrorism has nothing to do with Islam; things like "workplace violence" and suggesting terror attacks happen bc of Crusades during his 2009 ME tour. These ideas all fit with what far-left profs teach, emboldened both far-left profs and followers and led to the safe spaces. Ditto on the dichotomy on race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramira
It is his trolling performance since his inception, as he tries to promote a certain extremist hatred-bigotry agenda by pretension of wearing a diffrerent political masque.
it is not worth any discussion or engagement.
Wow. Just wow. You clearly still want the Democrat Party to have no centrists/moderates. Even tho I've had a lot of posts that talk about my positions on stem cell research, environment, abortion, and yes, Obamacare (which I like a lot).
Old 11-11-2016, 03:55 AM

Quote:

Obama was very wreckless with his political capital.
The word you're grasping for is reckless. Although wreck is applicable to your post.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Wow. Just wow. You clearly still want the Democrat Party to have no centrists/moderates.
No, since there is no realtionship to anything I said (as of course I am person of center right in my own political country sphere)

You clearly are a Troll and a deliberate liar, a disgusting little moral dwarf trying to promote the extremist bigot agenda via badly wearing masques of pretension.

Last edited by Ramira; 11-11-2016 at 04:01 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramira View Post

You clearly are a Troll and a deliberate liar, a disgusting little moral dwarf trying to promote the extremist bigot agenda via badly wearing masques of pretension.
What a wonderful sentence.

I gotta say, insulting people in the pit the last few days has been a pleasant diversion from contemplating the illegitimate president.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
He's an idiot concern troll.
Quote:
Democrat Party
.....and, scene.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Obama's Iran $150 billion giveaway that is highly unpopular in polls
I wonder why such a thing is so unpopular in the polls. Could it be because it's a wilfully misleading statement that makes it sound as though:

a) Iran will get $150 billion
b) The US will be giving Iran money

As I said in the other thread, Trump won because he understood it doesn't matter what the truth is any more, it's just a meme war. And he's pretty good at generating bullshit memes.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Wow. Just wow. You clearly still want the Democrat Party to have no centrists/moderates.
What is this "Democrat Party" of which you speak?
Old 11-11-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Obama was very wreckless...
I thought Obama had a chauffeur.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
What is this "Democrat Party" of which you speak?
It's the party that opposes the Republic Party.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:27 AM

More idiocy and bigotry from a bigoted idiot. Hell, if supporting transgender rights hurt the Democrats, it doesn't matter. It's still the right thing to do. Supporting Civil Rights in the 60s decimated the Democratic party in the South. It was still the right thing to do.

Bigotry is wrong, and the OP is wrong in his bigotry. The Democratic party is right to oppose bigotry, even if it's made a ton of mistakes along the way and on other issues.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
he created an atmosphere of such extreme political correctness that bred the safe spaces. He also coopted the stuff taught in gender studies, like transgenderism. He also co-opted the line that Islamic terrorism has nothing to do with Islam; things like "workplace violence" and suggesting terror attacks happen bc of Crusades during his 2009 ME tour. These ideas all fit with what far-left profs teach, emboldened both far-left profs and followers and led to the safe spaces. Ditto on the dichotomy on race.
...This is too stupid to respond to.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:

Wow. Just wow. You clearly still want the Democrat Party to have no centrists/moderates. Even tho I've had a lot of posts that talk about my positions on stem cell research, environment, abortion, and yes, Obamacare (which I like a lot).
Quote:
Hillary Clinton was running against the tide of history; for the last 80 years, in every election in which a party has sought a 3rd term, the WH's party's nominee has won a lower share of the two-party vote, lower all-party vote, and lower electoral college vote. FDR fell in 1940 from 1936, in 1960 Nixon fell from Ike '56, in 1968 HHH fell from LBJ's landslide, and even in 1988, Bush Sr. won by a lot smaller margin in both electoral and popular than Reagan did 8 years before, as Gore fell in pop margin and electoral total from Clinton four years before. Ditto McCain in 2008. Hillary had an uphill climb for anyone. Yet unlike McCain, HHH, Nixon '60, and Dewey, Hillary got the most votes. Even tho this time is an instance of pop/electoral split, its still relatively rare: 58 US elections have only 5 sub-plurality winners in 240 years. 2 in the last 125 years.

She has had a hostile media forever that held her to higher ethical standards than anyone else. She is a natural moderate in a party that Barack Obama moved far to the left in cultural issues. She did not force Obama to move his party so far left on issues like transgender bathrooms, Washington Redskins, nor did she force his surrogates and media cheerleaders to make "white privilege" talk to the political mainstream, nor did she tell Obama to butt into Trayvon/Zimmerman. Bill Clinton stayed out of OJ: given the American public was divided on Trayvon/Zimmerman and it was kind of he said/she said with no video tape, he should've kept mum. I think gay marriage was the right thing; but societies don't like fast change, and after gay marriage, Obama shoulda hit the breaks on such social issues, and hit them hard; democracy has consequences and backlash.

Exit polls had Trump besting Hillary on the terrorism question as badly as Bush did Kerry in 2004. Hillary used the term "Islamic extremism" in the 2000s; she didn't force Obama to call Fort Hood "workplace violence," she was long out of office for Obama's Iran $150 billion giveaway that is highly unpopular in polls; she didn't force Obama to do the refugee thing, which had substantial resistance, even resistance among 47 Congressional Dems last year. She didn't force Obama to put daylight between America and a very popular ally.

Obama said he wanted to "transform" America to the left like Reagan did to the right. Only Obama forgot that he could win because he got a level of black turnout to come out for him at levels that only occur when a black is on the ticket, and appealed to younger liberal voters because he is the diversity that they've been fed in schools for decades. The media also claimed he was "scandal free," nevermind Solyndra and Fast/Furious. Obama got his party to go along because yes, he is likeable and charismatic, but also they convinced themselves that the demographics were changing too fast for Republicans. Obama may have done better than Hillary with WWCs in 2012 than Hillary in 2016, but his performance in 2012 was a downward move from 2008; Hillary merely continued HIS trend. He and his party forgot that whites are still the majority of America, and the majority of rural and exurban inhabitants. In America, as elsewhere, rural people are more conservative and traditional. And they vote.

Obama did a bad job addressing movements like Occupy and BLM. By not calling out Occupy, he let the far-left take over the grassroots of his party, and foist Bernie Sanders to weaken Hillary. With BLM, he coulda had a Sister Souljah moment. Both movements had some good arguments; it was up to Obama to address the good arguments but disavow the extreme elements and do it hard. Why didn't Obama come down on safe spaces bit harder? By not doing so, he let the Dem-leaning youth voters move the party to a place Hillary had no choice but to court to get them to vote in 2016.

Obama was very wreckless with his political capital; when he got re-elected by less than he got initially elected, a first for a re-election to a 2nd term since 1916, he should've known better than to potentially screw his successor over. Every POTUS given a second term after 1916 until 2012 got a higher two-party vote, higher all-party vote, and higher electoral vote the second time, except him. Did Hillary run the best campaign? No. But Obama's ideological zeal and what he turned the Democratic Party to is in part to blame for the election of Donald J. Trump.
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that in the OP, the first concern mentioned is transgender. Given that our diminutive OP is consistently requesting to be allowed to tell trans people how horrible and icky they are.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
So in other words, he was a decent person that respected everyone? How fucked in the head is our country that this is considered a bad thing?
Old 11-16-2016, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
He's an idiot concern troll. There's the summary from my end.
Your assessment sounds accurate.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
You clearly still want the Democrat Party to have no centrists/moderates.
Obama oozes centrism from his very pores. He's about as close to the middle as you can get in the Democratic Party. Hence the loud complaining of disappointed progressives after a year or two when he turned out to be nowhere near as liberal as they had fantasized ( but that he never pretended to be ).

Your steadfast insistence that he is some radical leftist reads like something straight out of the alt-right blogosphere. Obama is no socialist - he is from the same moderate wing of the party as the Clintons.

Last edited by Tamerlane; 11-16-2016 at 02:53 AM.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:12 AM
Charter Member

Derek, you're simply too stupid to benefit from any advice I might be able to offer. Sorry.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:29 AM

And I imagine a world in which the SDMB had an enterance exam. Nothing too difficult, just engaging enough to ensure that the densest stones sank immediately.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:14 AM

The idea that Obama is extreme left rather than centrist is insane.

The idea that any major politician in the US is more than centre-left is insane.

The fact that the US media has redefined what Americans see as the centre so far to the right is...well, it's also insane, but it's pretty depressing, too.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:41 AM

I don't agree with everything Derek says, but I'm actually surprised at how the first Democratic teflon President gets away with not being blamed yet again. One of the arguments against Martin O'Malley was that he set the stage for a Republican to succeed him. Bet that Republican is better than Donald Trump.

But there's proof that it's not just Clinton's fault. Clinton didn't make the Democrats lose 18 governors mansions, 20 state legislative chambers, 60 House seats, and 14 Senate seats. Either Obama did that or it "just happened" which seems to be the belief of most Democrats.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaher View Post
But there's proof that it's not just Clinton's fault. Clinton didn't make the Democrats lose 18 governors mansions, 20 state legislative chambers, 60 House seats, and 14 Senate seats. Either Obama did that or it "just happened" which seems to be the belief of most Democrats.
Because it's taboo to admit that so much of the American public really are bigots and worse. The Democrats were insufficiently evil to appeal to those voters, that's why they lost.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Trihs View Post
Because it's taboo to admit that so much of the American public really are bigots and worse. The Democrats were insufficiently evil to appeal to those voters, that's why they lost.
America elected Obama to the presidency; he took office with a Democratic majority in the House and a Democratic majority in the Senate, sure as a majority of the states had Democratic governors; I guess I get how you could try to explain the Republicans flipping all of those now by saying "bigots and worse", but how do you explain the Democrats having had all of them then? Do you think they were too stupid to realize they were bigots and worse at the time, but it dawned on them after they re-elected Obama?
Old 11-16-2016, 07:38 AM

Democrats didn't vote in strong enough numbers- that's it in an obvious nutshell. Ramira linked to a nice graph showing this. Trump got fewer total votes than has been seen in years, it wouldn't have taken much more to beat him. Too many of the Democrats who voted in 2008 and 2012 didn't vote this time- I couldn't tell you why.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Are you serious? Do you have any comprehension what 'left' and 'right' mean in politics?

Oh, I see others have beaten me to the punch!

You guys read past "She has had a hostile media"?
Old 11-16-2016, 08:09 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamerlane View Post
Obama oozes centrism from his very pores. He's about as close to the middle as you can get in the Democratic Party. Hence the loud complaining of disappointed progressives after a year or two when he turned out to be nowhere near as liberal as they had fantasized ( but that he never pretended to be ).

Your steadfast insistence that he is some radical leftist reads like something straight out of the alt-right blogosphere. Obama is no socialist - he is from the same moderate wing of the party as the Clintons.
I've been laughing at most of the responses to the OP, but OMG, your post took the cake. My stomach hurts from laughing.

I love revisionists. You people really do live in an alternate reality.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothahump View Post
I've been laughing at most of the responses to the OP, but OMG, your post took the cake. My stomach hurts from laughing.

Reality has a well-known liberal bias. I understand that in Clothahump world, there is no difference between liberal, socialist, and communist, but in the real world, nuance exists and politicians sometimes have complex views that aren't reflected truthfully by the infotainment professionals (in this case, Limbaugh, Hannity, Breitbart, and the like) from the other side.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 11-16-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Obama...
Shut the fuck up you unrepentant imbecile. And keep the president's name outta your bigot mouth.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:

I think your problem is that you get your understanding of politics from email forwards.
Barack Obama is not the most liberal president in modern era. In fact, heís the most moderate.

Thatís according to a new study by political scientists Keith Poole and Christopher Hare at the University of Georgia.

The data shows that from 1945 to 2011 Republican presidents have moved more to the right than Democratic presidents have moved to the left. In fact, the Democrats have become more moderate, not liberal.

Obama has been the most moderate president since 1945
Hey, you've just learned that what you thought was correct was in fact wrong. A smart person might change his opinion when his understanding of the facts changes. But I think we all know you won't do that....
Old 11-16-2016, 12:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
My stomach hurts from laughing.
Laugh harder.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
And I imagine a world in which the SDMB had an enterance exam. Nothing too difficult, just engaging enough to ensure that the densest stones sank immediately.
How about a "you must be this tall to post" requirement?
Old 11-16-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Economist View Post
I think your problem is that you get your understanding of politics from email forwards.
Barack Obama is not the most liberal president in modern era. In fact, heís the most moderate.

Thatís according to a new study by political scientists Keith Poole and Christopher Hare at the University of Georgia.

The data shows that from 1945 to 2011 Republican presidents have moved more to the right than Democratic presidents have moved to the left. In fact, the Democrats have become more moderate, not liberal.

Obama has been the most moderate president since 1945
Hey, you've just learned that what you thought was correct was in fact wrong. A smart person might change his opinion when his understanding of the facts changes. But I think we all know you won't do that....
Your mistake here was to use data and factual analysis. This has no place in Clothy's world. If you challenge him, he will merely ignore you, or use the logical proposition of telling you to "fuck off".
Old 11-16-2016, 02:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
My stomach hurts from laughing.
It always surprises me about tighty-rightys. They are so often "amused" and "entertained", chortling and chucklesome, and yet post with such bitterness and anger. Perhaps theirs is the laughter than knows no joy.

Last edited by elucidator; 11-16-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Wow. Just wow.
You sound upset. Perhaps you should curl up with your blankie and retreat to your safe space.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

I guess we really do live in an alternate reality. Does Obama have a beard in your world? Because that would explain it, you're posting from the Mirror Universe.

The reality is that in the Prime Universe, Obama is the most conservative president we've had since Eisenhower. That's just fact.

It's only in the Mirror Universe where he's a Churchill bust hating, Marine not saluting Kenyan anti-colonial Marxist Muslim. It's in the Mirror Universe that he screamed and became unhinged at a protester at one of his rallies.

In our universe, none of those things happened.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur866 View Post
It's in the Mirror Universe that he screamed and became unhinged at a protester at one of his rallies.

In our universe, none of those things happened.
I'm pretty confident that Clothy actually thinks that happened. He read it on the intertubes. If you don't agree, then he'll tell you to fuck off. So that means he's right.

Last edited by Euphonious Polemic; 11-16-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur866 View Post
The reality is that in the Prime Universe, Obama is the most conservative president we've had since Eisenhower. That's just fact.
You might be missing a word in there.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:51 PM

He's been too busy building a shed to store all the fucks he does not give about your opinion.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
It always surprises me about tighty-rightys. They are so often "amused" and "entertained", chortling and chucklesome, and yet post with such bitterness and anger. Perhaps theirs is the laughter than knows no joy.
The word you're looking for is gloating. They laugh at the fear and suffering and others, because they're all sadists.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaher View Post
no, Clinton didn't*. But Obama didn't either. It makes no sense at all to blame him.

I wouldn't say it "just happened." I say that the people voted. You maybe can blame the party for not supporting the Dems enough--if that's the case, but that's about it.

The President is not responsible for local races. That's just silly.

*Well, there is a coattail effect, but it's more going to affect the federal Congress than anything. And it seems that, going by this year, it has less to do with the presidential candidate and more to do with having the same demographics vote for both elections--since they are on the same ballot.

Last edited by BigT; 11-16-2016 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:50 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
You sound upset. Perhaps you should curl up with your blankie and retreat to your safe space.
too bad thats you campus liberal baby types with your safe spaces. Real American patriots and adults don't need them.