Movies that make you cry

I couldn’t sleep, so I stayed up and watched Rudy. Every single time I’ve ever seen that movie I’ve cried at the end. I’m not ashamed. It always seems to strike a chord with me.

So what about you guys? Any movies bust you up every time you see them?

Born Free and Amistad. But why would I see them more than once? They made me cry.

Life is Beautiful
Green Mile
Little Women
Sweet November
Steel Magnolia’s
Love Story
Forrest Gump
Schindlers List
Braveheart
The Patriot
Saving Private Ryan
Message in a Bottle
Sleepless in Seattle
Pay It Forward

Even though I can’t think of them there’s more, I cry alot a movies.

I always cry at movies. Hell, I cried when I saw the IMAX film “Earth from Space” because it was too beautiful, seeing high resolution images of what I have always longed to see from orbit myself.
But then, I shed a tear tonight at the climax of “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure.”

Gardens of Stone
My Life
Citizen X (When Colonel Filitov relates his conversation with the FBI)
Saving Private Ryan

I can’t watch any of these without getting a little teary-eyed.

old yeller- i cry every single time i see this thing.

*E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial
*Babe (“That’ll do pig. That’ll do.”)
*The Lion King (only once, though, when Mufasa died)
*Amistad
*Titanic
*One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
*Rain Man
*Saving Private Ryan (only because the old guy at the end looked like my own grandfather, and I only cried once at that, too)

The Color Purple, and My Girl.

Little Man Tate(I don’t know why, it just does)

Beyond that, I’m not a big crier at movies.

Babe the Gallant Pig
Empire of the Sun
Field of Dreams
Life is Beautiful
Where the Red Fern Grows

SPOILERS

West Side Story–I always tear up at the end when Maria is grieving over Tony’s body. (“How many can I kill, Chino? How many, and still have one bullet left for me?”)

Titanic–At the end, when the camera pans over the photos showing how Rose did all the things that she and Jack had planned to do together.

Silent Running–when Bruce Dern blows himself up and we see the droids tending the last forest as Joan Baez sings “Rejoice In The Sun” over the end credits

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon–when Michelle Yeoh and Chow Yun Fat finally reveal that they are in love with each other, but too late, because Chow Yun Fat has been poisoned by Jade Fox’s dart, and then at the end when Zhang ZiYi dives into the clouds

Schindler’s List–I sniveled through the whole movie, but especially when the Nazis are cremating the bodies of the Jews killed in the scouring of the ghetto, and we see the body of the little girl in red who hid under the bed when the Nazis were executing the people who had evaded the roundup.

Generally sad stuff with children, off the top of my head…

Cider House Rules when the “ugly” orphan explains how it feels every time a couple comes to adopt a child and it’s never him.

Au Revoir, Les Enfants Nazis v. innocents, a proven formula to get the duct work going.

I cry all the time during movies. Of course, I also cry during TV shows, books and even some commercials.

But the only movie I can recall having SOBBED through is an obscure Mel Gibson movie called “Tim.” I believe it was one of his first screen appearances. Colleen McCullough, the lady who wrote “The Thorn Birds,” wrote the book, and I sobbed all the way through that, too. The movie also starred Piper Laurie.

I recommend both the book and the movie. And it has a happy ending, which is almost a requirement for a hopeless romantic like me. At least for repeat viewing.

Scotti

The English Patient, “I have always loved you.”
Boo Hoo

Boys On The Side. I love that movie and cry every time I watch it.

I get choked up at the commercials. If my kids want to see that movie, they’ll have to watch it at someone else’s house. I don’t ever want to see it again.

Another movie that I cried at that seems odd is Jurasic Park. I didn’t cry when people got killed but at odd moments like when all the ice cream went bad or the helicopter ride home. Willie Wonka makes me cry too. Maybe it’s fond memories of childhood. Go figure.

Sheesh, I can’t believe I’m about to do this, but since it’s not on the list yet-

When Hairy Met Sally

I’m not an emotional guy. I think the last time I cried was when my brother stole my extended crayon set and puched me when I told mom on him. It was a week or so ago.

But that movie, for some reason, and no matter how many times I’ve seen it, still gets me teary eyed by the end.

Not wailing or anything. I mean, I am a man and all, but I do get choked up when they finally hook up.

<sniff>

Besides, it’s a bitch thinking Meg Ryan’s rack is taken off the market by such a loser like Billy Crystal.

-smile-

I hate, hate, HATE “Chick Flicks” but there is one notable exception:

Somewhere In Time

I think because it has an interesting “twilight zone” twist I like it, but also Jane Seymour…hubba hubba
um, I also cried at Schindler’s List, Philadelphia, and It’s A Wonderful Life.
Phouchg Hath Spoken

When Hairy Met Sally? Was this the one starring Ron Jeremy?

I’ve cried at a number of movies, but in terms of the bigest sob-fest I can remember, it has to be *Dancer in the Dark *