Censored song lyric? (UK dopers?)

In the Afroman song “Because I Got High,” which is getting enormous airplay now in the UK, there is a word that I was surprised was bleeped out. The unbawdlerized version goes:

But whenever it’s played on the radio, the word “paraplegic” is bleeped out. What gives? Pressure from disabled interest groups? There are a few other words also bleeped out (“pussy” and “jacking off”), but those are commonly censored words.

The word “paraplegic” isn’t censored on U.S. radio, which is much more strict about what hits the airwaves.

i dont have an answer but radio stations tend to bleep out alot of stuff , a few words in the song:

what would you do?

and hell when a Emeniem song comes on the song is just bleep
bleep bleep bleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleepbleep
etc

Kraftwerk was a bit like that too.

Sounds t’me like someone got a little over-zealous, possibly a tad panicky too. The phrase “I’m a paraplegic” could set off alarm bells simply because the context doesn’t imply a sensitive handling of the issues at hand.

Nonsense of course. But still. It’s BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP, know what I mean?

you should her Everlast’s “What It’s Like” over here on one of our stations. In addition to censoring the common “shits” and the like, Colt 45 and “green” are censored. Indeed, the word green is censored.

One of my favorite songs, by the way. If you haven’t hear it, I definetely recommend it.