Old 06-26-2007, 08:39 PM

Experiences With Pheromones?

I'm just curious - has anyone on this board tried pheromones? If so, what were your experiences with them?

This is a subject I have recently taken an interest in, but I am a skeptic by nature. Every so often, I will pick a random subject and learn what I can about it. Gotta keep the gray matter from turning to mush.

There are forums dedicated to pheromone buyers/users (www.smartmones.com and www.love-scent.com) as well as several studies done (simply Google "CNN pheromone study", for starters). I suppose it's as hit-or-miss as with anything else (i.e., herbal supplements); one size does not necessarily fit all.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:44 PM

I sometimes wear Pure Instinct.

I don't know if it actually attracts men(the scent is for men or women, btw), but it sure smells nice! They describe the scent as "citrusy", but I'd say it's a citrusy/melon-y, slightly musky, clean and fresh smell. Yeah, that's helpful, I know... I apply a few drops to my hairbrush, and my hair smells fabulous all day!
Old 06-27-2007, 12:51 PM

A while back, I bought some of the stuff just out of curiosity. I had it delivered to my office. I got it, put it on and realized that I'm sitting alone in my office. So I decided to go outside to see if I got any reactions. I'm not a hunk, not ugly, just sort of middle of the road, although I am on the tall side.

Anyway I got the elevator bank and there were two young women, whom I had seen on the floor but niether had even given me a second look. We get into the car and they started talking to me. (Hi, how's it going?) One of them actually said she really liked my colonge and asked if it was Canoe. She knew she liked Canoe and I told it was. The other woman also commented on how much she liked it.

So there you go.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra
Anyway I got the elevator bank and there were two young women, whom I had seen on the floor but niether had even given me a second look. We get into the car and they started talking to me. (Hi, how's it going?) One of them actually said she really liked my colonge and asked if it was Canoe. She knew she liked Canoe and I told it was. The other woman also commented on how much she liked it.

So there you go.
Heh, ok, so that was a while back. Did you keep wearing it? Was that an isolated incident?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by control-z
Heh, ok, so that was a while back. Did you keep wearing it? Was that an isolated incident?
And if it wasn't, where can we buy some?
Old 06-28-2007, 03:11 PM

Well, I caved in and purchased some sample sizes, just for kicks. Thus far, one improved my mood as it was supposed to, and the other one, which is supposed to improve allure, did nothing as far as I could tell.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittersweet
one size does not necessarily fit all.
So you're saying there can be too much of a good thing?
Old 06-29-2007, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittersweet
Well, I caved in and purchased some sample sizes, just for kicks. Thus far, one improved my mood as it was supposed to, and the other one, which is supposed to improve allure, did nothing as far as I could tell.

Maybe the women have stopped throwing up in their mouths?

I kid I kid!

I got mine from Ebay. It had a name that sounded a lot like testerone but maybe started with an "A"? I only wore it a few times. I did once sneak it to a family function. My wife's family. Buy my mother-in-law, her sisters and all the cousins already liked me so it was hard to tell if there was any effect.