Old 07-02-2014, 09:39 AM

Vaccines Do NOT Cause Autism

Huge new study confirms it as well as the fact that serious reactions are rare.

Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/01/health...afe/index.html

That's what a project that screened more than 20,000 scientific titles and 67 papers on vaccine safety concludes this week. The review appears in the latest edition of the medical journal Pediatrics.

"Looking at all these mounds of data -- there is still no data that show an association that shows vaccine and autism," said Brown. "I would love it to close this chapter and move on. I don't think it will. But the more research, the more we learns about autism, the more we can reassure parents that there are no links here."
This has to be seen as the final nail in the coffin. It won't but it should be.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Water is wet.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:50 AM

Sadly anti-vax freakjob murderers will not give a damn about this.\

Is Jenny McCarthy still pretending she was never anti-vax while attending anti-vax conventions?
Old 07-02-2014, 09:50 AM

Sky is blue.

Antivaxers have no clue.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Charter Member

Yet another snow job from Big Pharma. Wake up, sheeple!

Regards,
Shodan

Old 07-02-2014, 10:51 AM

I know. I know. I know. But I thought I would share anyway. In the interests of combating ignorance and all.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:05 AM

One of the participants in that study was the RAND Corporation, which as we all know manipulates people into supporting the government, attempting to start World War III, and establish the New World Order, probably by eliminating the world's population through vaccines in order to establish dominance of the technocratic elite.

We are not fooled.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:04 PM

Link to the meta-analysis: http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...8-75541b412f40
Old 07-02-2014, 02:18 PM

I had to look at the original article, and sure enough, it included this phrase:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN
the more we learns about autism...
Who wrote, this? Cletus, the slack-jawed Yokel?
Old 07-02-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Water is wet.
No it isn't. It's all a conspiracy from big towel.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:32 PM

I was among some crazy woo people just recently, and I was talking about human security and how most states are really averse to the idea, and TWO people nodded and simultaneously said: "Ahh yes, because of Big Pharma!"

And I swear, for the life of me, I cannot begin to imagine what "Big Pharma" has to do with human security.

The next person I talked to was learning all edible plants by heart because he believed the 4G network rays were going to destroy the world..... and somehow knowing edible plants would be useful in this scenario.

The next person I spoke to asked me what I was doing towards a world with no money.

I mention this only so that you don't get your hopes up. Prices will rise, politicians will philander and crazy people will be crazy. Evidence does not cure crazy. Though I agree, it is some shiny, pretty evidence!

ETA: I swear I am not making this up! These people were all together in one place. It was a really pretty community garden and was totally worth it once I managed to run away from the crazy people.

Last edited by gracer; 07-02-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:51 PM

America landed on the moon in 1969.

TWA 800 simply blew up, there was no missile.

That image in your tortilla is just an oddly-shaped brown mark.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha_david View Post
America landed on the moon in 1969.

That image in your tortilla is just an oddly-shaped brown mark.
Yes, but I have come to conclude JFK was assassinated by the publishing industry - because LOOK AT ALL OF THE BOOKS ON THE SUBJECT!
Old 07-02-2014, 03:19 PM

It didn't help matters that Britain's Private Eye magazine mentioned a possible link between MMR (not all vaccines) and autism, in some story about how Big Medical was trying to save money by forcing a single MMR vaccine rather than the three individual ones onto everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha_david View Post
I have a crackpot theory about TWA 800 that might explain what some people saw; it's possible that a fuel tank sprung a leak, and something ignited the stream of fuel, causing the visible flame to travel along the stream until it reached the fuel tank and ignited it.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
I have a crackpot theory about TWA 800 that might explain what some people saw; it's possible that a fuel tank sprung a leak, and something ignited the stream of fuel, causing the visible flame to travel along the stream until it reached the fuel tank and ignited it.
So it really is a cracked (fuel) pot theory.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:05 PM

So Big Pharma has gotten so desperate in its campaign of lies and coverups that they are not even making a pretense of studying the real world and real victims. This is just a study of their previous bogus studies! Of course they are going to come up with the same conclusion!

No matter how many studies they publish and how many studies of their studies they publish, no study can be truer than a mother's intuition. A mother knows what is right for her children in her heart.

SPOILER:
Chill before you hit the reply button. Chill.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
It didn't help matters that Britain's Private Eye magazine mentioned a possible link between MMR (not all vaccines) and autism, in some story about how Big Medical was trying to save money by forcing a single MMR vaccine rather than the three individual ones onto everybody.
Andrew Wakefield has a lot to answer.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:48 PM
The Central Scrutinizer

Lavender thanks for fighting the good fight.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderBlue View Post
Huge new study confirms it as well as the fact that serious reactions are rare.

This has to be seen as the final nail in the coffin. It won't but it should be.
That's just YOUR opinion, and MY opinion is every bit as valid as yours.

SPOILER:
FTR, my opinion is the same as LavenderBlue's, based on much the same evidence. When you're right you're right, right?
Old 07-02-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
Lavender thanks for fighting the good fight.

Kolga and I are going to attempt another book proposal on this subject over the summer. I have learned an awful lot on this subject that I want to share that was not covered in our first book -- info on adult vaccines and the like. I think there will always be a need for a strong and vocal pro-vaccine movement. We need to help combat the vast array of misinformation about this subject that is still so readily available.

The good news? Certain disease (polio, rubella, measles) are very close to joining smallpox on the ash heap of history. There's also wonderful developments including more vaccines in the future and vaccines that can be delivered without needles.

The bad? There's a vocal, loud and organized anti-vax movement. I think there always will be. We'll just have to rely on vigilance, education and herd immunity.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:25 PM

Seriously people? In light of all the documentation proving that vaccines cause do cause autism?

All laid out and summed up here.

HowDoVaccinesCauseAutism.com
Old 07-02-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projammer View Post
Seriously people? In light of all the documentation proving that vaccines cause do cause autism?

All laid out and summed up here.

HowDoVaccinesCauseAutism.com
Someone we know created that website, and I laugh and laugh every single time.

Like LavenderBlue says, the anti-vaccine movement (I've taken to calling them the vaccine denialist cult, because their behavior is very very cult-like) is tiny, but LOUD. And crazy - they are currently planning a trip to my institution to demand that I be fired for my advocacy.

We, the vaccine advocates who are basing their decisions on settled science, need to be louder, and more involved. We need to debunk their lies every single time we see them, on a comment thread or in the news. We need to demand that journalists stop giving them equal time as scientists, in the name of a false "balance" in the news. We need to call out their more insane beliefs, such as the one posted yesterday day on the Facebook page of Vactruth that the US Department of Health and Human Services is killing children with vaccines so that they can harvest those children's organs and sell them for profit.

People can't pretend anymore that these people are harmless and will eventually go away.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley Dweller View Post
So Big Pharma has gotten so desperate in its campaign of lies and coverups that they are not even making a pretense of studying the real world and real victims. This is just a study of their previous bogus studies! Of course they are going to come up with the same conclusion!

No matter how many studies they publish and how many studies of their studies they publish, no study can be truer than a mother's intuition. A mother knows what is right for her children in her heart.

SPOILER:
Chill before you hit the reply button. Chill.

Sadly, this sounds exactly like a metric fuckton of sincere antivax loons, so if you meant it as satire, try harder!
Old 07-03-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Yes, but I have come to conclude JFK was assassinated by the publishing industry - because LOOK AT ALL OF THE BOOKS ON THE SUBJECT!
And Oswald was supposedly in the book depository! OMG it all makes sense!

Old 07-03-2014, 03:05 PM

What's needed, of course, is to develop a new vaccine
to prevent (or cure) terminal stupidity.

That's the easy part. Then, you've got get them to take this vaccine!
Old 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Charter Member

Now if the anti-vaxers would dig into the dirt more ...
Old 07-04-2014, 01:55 AM
Charter Member

Maybe autism is caused by the parents' belief that vaccines cause autism...

ETA: That's rwally not fair, and it's a cheap shot to boot. My apologies to all of the sane* parents coping with an autistic child.

*Parents who don't blame vaccines.

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 07-04-2014 at 01:59 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Maybe autism is caused by the parents' belief that vaccines cause autism...
The ultimate placebo effect!

Old 04-22-2015, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

Bump - new study here confirms no link.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:27 PM

Australian Government has just announced 'No Jab, No Pay'.

If you don't get the kid vaccinated, as well as the kid not being allowed to attend school, the family will not be eligible for the relevant Child Benefits and rebates.

I'm not sure I agree with this ruling entirely (It is impinging on some freedoms of choice), but at least it shows the Government is tackling the Anti-Vaxxers seriously.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:46 PM

And out here in California, we have SB 277 winding it's way thru the legislature...

Legislation requiring vaccinations for nearly all California schoolchildren revived Wednesday, winning the approval of a Senate committee that a week earlier looked poised to reject the measure.

Amendments giving non-vaccinated children more educational options beyond traditional schooling generated enough support to push Senate Bill 277 out of the Senate Education Committee on a 7-2 vote.

The bill heads to the Senate Judiciary Committee, the next step in a potentially long odyssey winding through several committees and floor votes in both the Assembly and Senate. Every Democrat on the Judiciary Committee is either a co-sponsor of the bill or has voted for it.

Still, they will wrestle with issues that could include whether an exemption for parents who object to vaccinations on religious grounds would be legally feasible. Multiple lawmakers said Wednesday that the legislation will require more changes if it is to make it to Gov. Jerry Brown’s desk and win his signature.

LavenderBlue, any chance you are going to be in the neighborhood? This is getting TV coverage morning and evening. People are down at the Capitol protesting (or supporting). The ignorance of the anti-vax mommies is just palpable.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:23 PM
Charter Member

Ya'll are a bunch of rapists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby View Post
I'm not sure I agree with this ruling entirely (It is impinging on some freedoms of choice), but at least it shows the Government is tackling the Anti-Vaxxers seriously.
It's leaving all choice open. Choices always have consequences, and in this case the consequences of not vaccinating will include a reduction in societal benefits. Which is rather apt considering that not vaccinating is an anti-social thing to do.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowthx View Post
And out here in California, we have SB 277 winding it's way thru the legislature...

Legislation requiring vaccinations for nearly all California schoolchildren revived Wednesday, winning the approval of a Senate committee that a week earlier looked poised to reject the measure.

Amendments giving non-vaccinated children more educational options beyond traditional schooling generated enough support to push Senate Bill 277 out of the Senate Education Committee on a 7-2 vote.

The bill heads to the Senate Judiciary Committee, the next step in a potentially long odyssey winding through several committees and floor votes in both the Assembly and Senate. Every Democrat on the Judiciary Committee is either a co-sponsor of the bill or has voted for it.

Still, they will wrestle with issues that could include whether an exemption for parents who object to vaccinations on religious grounds would be legally feasible. Multiple lawmakers said Wednesday that the legislation will require more changes if it is to make it to Gov. Jerry Brown’s desk and win his signature.

LavenderBlue, any chance you are going to be in the neighborhood? This is getting TV coverage morning and evening. People are down at the Capitol protesting (or supporting). The ignorance of the anti-vax mommies is just palpable.
I am stuck here in cold and wet NJ alas.

FYI, if anyone wants to be more involved with this issue, pleas consider becoming a Shot@Life Champion as I have or just donating to help fund
vaccines for poor kids.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princhester View Post
Ya'll are a bunch of rapists.

It's leaving all choice open. Choices always have consequences, and in this case the consequences of not vaccinating will include a reduction in societal benefits. Which is rather apt considering that not vaccinating is an anti-social thing to do.
Except that child benefits are paid for by taxes - which all society contribute to, and the government distributes in a way that benefits society - in this case by ensuring all children are able to have a reasonable level of affluence appropriate to the society.

But there's no choice about paying taxes.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby View Post
Except that child benefits are paid for by taxes - which all society contribute to, and the government distributes in a way that benefits society - in this case by ensuring all children are able to have a reasonable level of affluence appropriate to the society.
There are trade-offs everywhere. Affluence isn't just a matter of money. Pressuring dumbass parents into vaccinating by financial means might well result in greater child benefit overall.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:56 AM
Charter Member

Wallaby, I'm not quite sure I get your point so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Are you suggesting that because taxes are mandatory (well most people pay them) child benefits should be as well?

If that is the argument, a number of benefits (through taxes) are concessional. Such as pensions, social security benefits and even rebate on usage of diesel fuel.

I don't think taxes were imposed to ensure equality of affluence- they were merely fund raising measures. How the Govt disposes of the funds to please the voters is a matter for the Govt of the day.

As I said, I am probably not clearly understanding the point you are making.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowthx View Post
Quick bump to this thread - this CA bill I mentioned above has passed the Assembly committee and, hopefully, will continue moving forward...

A California bill mandating full vaccination for schoolchildren now awaits an Assembly floor vote after passing the Assembly Health Committee on a 12-6 vote Tuesday.

Senate Bill 277 would end the “personal belief exemption” that allows parents to enroll kids in school without having the full slate of vaccines. It allows for medical exemptions, with a recent amendment seeking to make it easier for physicians to sign off on those opt-outs, though bill opponents insisted the exemptions would remain out of reach for many.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:21 AM

CBS News reported yesterday on the results of the largest study of its kind linking parental age to autism.

Children whose fathers were over the age of 50 had 66% increased rate of autism. Children whose mothers were over 40 had 15% increased rate of autism, while children of teen moms had 18% increased rate of autism (this last is thought to be due to poor pre-natal care and socio-economic reasons).

Autism rates also increased when both parents are older as well as when there was a wide gap in the ages of the parents (both father older and mother older). In these results, the base compared to was parents in their 20s.

Although the study states that these risk factors are not to be construed as causative, it's difficult to avoid drawing that conclusion.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuff314 View Post
CBS News reported yesterday on the results of the largest study of its kind linking parental age to autism.

Children whose fathers were over the age of 50 had 66% increased rate of autism. Children whose mothers were over 40 had 15% increased rate of autism, while children of teen moms had 18% increased rate of autism (this last is thought to be due to poor pre-natal care and socio-economic reasons).

Autism rates also increased when both parents are older as well as when there was a wide gap in the ages of the parents (both father older and mother older). In these results, the base compared to was parents in their 20s.

Although the study states that these risk factors are not to be construed as causative, it's difficult to avoid drawing that conclusion.
AH-HA!

Older people are less likely to be anti-vaxxers. It stands to reason that older parents are therefore more likely to get their kids vaccinated. More kids vaccinated means more autism!

Proof once again that vaccines cause autism.

➡ CAUTION: SARCASM
Old 06-10-2015, 09:45 AM

If there is one thing that's become clear(er), it's that autism has no one cause and is very likely a genetic predisposition triggered by a number of catalysts.

As for fathers... I have observed intensive autism therapy from the sidelines for almost 20 years, perhaps 300-400 cases in all, and a strong trend is fathers who are clearly on the spectrum themselves, from functional Aspergers to "kind of weird techy sort of guy." Which is why I would bet there are very few cases from outside causes (fetal nutrition, infant illness, etc.) alone.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Barbarian View Post
If there is one thing that's become clear(er), it's that autism has no one cause and is very likely a genetic predisposition triggered by a number of catalysts.

As for fathers... I have observed intensive autism therapy from the sidelines for almost 20 years, perhaps 300-400 cases in all, and a strong trend is fathers who are clearly on the spectrum themselves, from functional Aspergers to "kind of weird techy sort of guy." Which is why I would bet there are very few cases from outside causes (fetal nutrition, infant illness, etc.) alone.
My husband worked with teens with Asperger's for years, and he noticed the same strong trend with the fathers. His theory is that that might play some part in why older fathers are more likely to have kids on the autism spectrum: men who have some level of functional Aspergers are more likely to take a longer time to find a partner and start a family, and more likely to pass on that genetic predisposition. So connection rather than causation.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:35 PM

Great. Just fucking great. One more reason I should never have children.

and at the same time.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:39 PM

If Google was a guy.. (video)

My standard response to Antivax screed on fb while I still had antivax friends on fb. Can't say that I miss them.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Barbarian View Post

I can add one more case. A woman came up and started talking to me a supermarket. (She decided I must be a professor because who else can be there in the mid-morning and she had noticed me regularly.) It turned out her son had taken a course from me. Most names I forget as soon as the course ended, but not that one. Severe autism. He spoke at max volume and in individual words. Very painful to talk to and in any argument he usually got his way because no one wanted to argue with him. Then the father came by and the mother introduced us. I immediately said to myself: borderline autistic.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:55 PM

So you're blaming the fathers, Dr Freud? And now mom's will have some (anecdotal) evidence to push the blame somewhere else?

Okay, interesting possible link! Bears some official study, but I can see it. Maybe doctors hadn't made the connection because the mothers are usually the ones taking Junior to the doctor.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:11 AM

I hope you are all aware that SB 277 is actually part of a racist plot.

"Minister Tony Muhammad, Western Regional Representative for the Nation of Islam, identifying himself as a Representative of Minister Louis Farrakhan, said, “This heinous bill has come to the attention of the black community. I’m here to represent a man who told me to tell you that this fight is a universal fight.”

He compared the bill to the story of the Pharaoh of Egypt killing all male babies under two in Egypt. “Could this be a bill to destroy our boy babies? I’m letting you know that the black community, we are not going to stand by.”"
Old 06-11-2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmannii View Post
Man, that was difficult to read. The stupid kept getting in my eyes.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
Okay, interesting possible link! Bears some official study, but I can see it. Maybe doctors hadn't made the connection because the mothers are usually the ones taking Junior to the doctor.
I don't think it's unknown - the gist of understanding in the field is that it's from genetic predisposition and strongly patrilineal. Like most afflictions with genetic roots, the efforts are in finding the triggers and developmental causes, since those can theoretically be controlled more easily than genes.

Last edited by Amateur Barbarian; 06-11-2015 at 07:38 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmannii View Post

"Minister Tony Muhammad, Western Regional Representative for the Nation of Islam, identifying himself as a Representative of Minister Louis Farrakhan, said, “This heinous bill has come to the attention of the black community. I’m here to represent a man who told me to tell you that this fight is a universal fight.”

He compared the bill to the story of the Pharaoh of Egypt killing all male babies under two in Egypt. “Could this be a bill to destroy our boy babies? I’m letting you know that the black community, we are not going to stand by.”"
Dear god the comments on that article.

Quote:
Beware of the Magic Medicine Men ! ! !

"Since 2005 there have been no reported deaths from measles, but there have been 86 deaths from the MMR vaccine. During 2008-09 Aussie epidemic, 84% of all whooping cough and 78% of all measles cases had been fully vaccinated" ~ Dr Lee Hieb, MD

KellyBroganMD.com/article/CDC

You have every right to question the efficacy, purity and safety of monopolist Big Pharma potions made in third world, toxic waste dump, sweat shops.
That one has to be a parody, right?
Old 09-17-2015, 08:18 AM
SDSAB

Trump is apparently firmly in the vaccines-cause-autism camp, and Carson and Paul, who are doctors and should know better, didn't smack him down for it last night: http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/17/opinio...ate/index.html