Old 09-12-2015, 12:26 AM

So who does/did cocaine and why?

I was watching "Narcos" on Netflix and I couldnt believe how that Columbian was making BILLION of dollars selling cocaine in the US. Their must be literally millions of US coke addicts. Yet I've never known but one.

I guess I lived under a rock because I've met maybe one person in my life who ever did cocaine and that was only for a short time. It's not like people passing around a joint at a party. From what I've heard it's quite expensive so an addict must either make alot of money or just blow thru all their money or they steal. And their must be a LOT of them.

So I'd like to ask. Did/do you know people who do/did cocaine? How much did they spend on it? Was it considered "cool" in some groups?
Old 09-12-2015, 12:37 AM
SD Curator of Critters

Since the OP is asking about personal experiences, let's move this to IMHO.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator
Old 09-12-2015, 01:57 AM

Pretty much everybody in my social circle has taken coke at some point, most of us many times. This is middle class professionals in London earning good money, including lawyers, bankers, school head teachers and doctors, along with the more expected creatives.

I don't know anyone who is an addict, however. People take it at parties, it isn't an every day thing.

I don't take it any more because the hangovers are awful.

It's fun though.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanVito View Post
Pretty much everybody in my social circle has taken coke at some point, most of us many times. This is middle class professionals in London earning good money, including lawyers, bankers, school head teachers and doctors, along with the more expected creatives.

I don't know anyone who is an addict, however. People take it at parties, it isn't an every day thing.

I don't take it any more because the hangovers are awful.

It's fun though.
Lets say your at a party where there is cocaine. Is it just one persons or is it "shared" where say everyone gets a line? Do some hosts provide it like they do booze? How much did it cost?
Old 09-12-2015, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanredneck View Post
Lets say your at a party where there is cocaine. Is it just one persons or is it "shared" where say everyone gets a line? Do some hosts provide it like they do booze? How much did it cost?
I used to love me some coke. In my circle of friends it came up every so often. There was always booze, very often weed, and when all the stars were aligned there'd be coke.

I could buy a gram for $100, but that was a great deal from a friend. A gram seemed like a lot when you got it, and I always planned on rationing it out but then the next morning it was all gone.

One time I brokered a deal. Two people I knew each wanted to buy a half ounce. I managed to get together the cash, bought an ounce, and then everyone met at my house to divvy up and pay. The one guy took his half ounce, thanked me and left. The other half ounce was purchased by a woman and although her boyfriend wanted to leave, she wanted to try it. She put out lines for me, my wife, her bf, and herself. I rolled a joint.

Her boyfriend kept trying to get her to leave, but it was dawn when she took what was left and went home. It was the best and worst of times.

I haven't touch any since the early 90s, which is why I'm here today.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:02 AM

Quote:
When coke was a thing, we were mostly young and poor. Best friends would share their gram, but I was never at a "help yourself" party. At most, a host might whisper, "hey, there's a line waiting for you in the bedroom on the nightstand".
Old 09-12-2015, 06:10 AM

Was the standard method of snorting it thru a rolled up dollar bill (or bigger) or did they use an actual straw?
Old 09-12-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Was the standard method of snorting it thru a rolled up dollar bill (or bigger) or did they use an actual straw?
Whatever was handy. Some people carried a little metal tube on their key ring. Rolled up money, drinking straw cut short, coffee stirrer as a spoon, whatever. You could always just Hoover straight into a nostril if you were talented.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
I guess I lived under a rock because I've met maybe one person in my life who ever did cocaine and that was only for a short time.
If you lived under a rock then I must have lived on another planet as I have never, as far as I am aware, known anyone who even tried cocaine.

The closest I ever came to experiencing the effects of cocaine was discussing its molecular structure and MOA during a chemistry class... put me right to sleep. Heh.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:18 AM
Elephant Whisperer

I tried coke back in my college days in Texas, and it did nothing for me. Absolutely nothing. It was from people I trusted, and they assured me it was good stuff. but uh-uh. Nada. I couldn't see why anyone would spend so much on the stuff.

I've read some people are just that way. Guess I'm one of them.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:28 AM

Sam, for me it was just the enjoyable "lift" and intense feeling of well being. After drinking and smoking all night, the party would be winding down and a few diehards would remain. Somebody would lay out some lines and presto!! the party would be back on track!
Old 09-12-2015, 07:30 AM
Elephant Whisperer

Just didn't happen for me. I was always left feeling, "What the fuck?" Fortunately I always did other peoples' and never paid for any myself.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I was watching "Narcos" on Netflix and I couldnt believe how that Columbian was making BILLION of dollars selling cocaine in the US. Their must be literally millions of US coke addicts. Yet I've never known but one.
Like pot, you've known plenty of people who have used it, they're just smart enough to keep it to themselves. Most people used it 'way back when' (most people don't get addicted), that ones that just have a bump here and a line there, are the ones that you just think had a little too much coffee. On the inside, you feel amazing, you feel like a million bucks, you feel like you could take on the world, it's an amazing drug. On the outside, you just look like you have too much energy, that's all.

Since people don't wear a sign listing all their vices, there's really no way for you to know that you've never known someone that's done coke. That's like saying 'I read a report that says almost all adults over 30 have had sex, 10% of them have sex on a weekly basis, but I've never met a single one of these people, I don't believe this report'. Same thing, how would you know. Most people aren't talking about it or doing it in front of you.

I'd be willing to bet, (but I'm not suggesting you do this) if you spent the next month or so asking every friend, relative, co-worker, acquaintance etc. Basically, every adult you know on a first name basis that you run into and say 'hey, do you have a gram of coke I could buy, or do you know where I could get an 8 ball'). It wouldn't be long before someone either pulled someone out of their pocket or said 'sorry I only have a little left. Basically, I think you'd be surprised at how many people you know do coke.

The thing about it is, if you keep it under control enough that it's not ruining your life, no one knows. It doesn't get you 'high', doesn't wreck you're teeth, doesn't make you stumble around like you're drunk. Like I said, the most others really think is that you've had a little too much coffee.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:47 AM
Suspended

"Cocaine is a heck of a drug"-Marion Barry, former D.C. mayor.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Elephant Whisperer

"What does cocaine makes you feel like? It makes you feel like doing more cocaine." -- George Carlin
Old 09-12-2015, 08:47 AM
Charter Member

I remember back in college one day listening to some Dead and I heard the line "If I get home before daylight, I just might get some sleep tonight". Suddenly realized what it meant, right around the time that my friends and I came to the conclusion that we had to stop doing lines around 6 or 7pm if we wanted to sleep that night.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:12 AM

"It's not that I want to do a lot of coke, it's just that I really love the smell of it."

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-12-2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: :p
Old 09-12-2015, 10:22 AM

I tried it once, at a party.
I didn't like it, the last thing I need is something to hype me up. Everybody at the party was passed out somewhere and I was still bouncing off the walls. Almost got shot when the homeowner heard me bouncing around his kitchen and he came downstairs with his gun.
Nope, never saw the appeal at all.

My then bf was getting a bit too much into coke. Several times he blew his entire paycheck the same day he got paid. He was getting a bit crazy with the stuff, only time I ever gave somebody an ultimatum. I told him he could have coke or he could have me but he couldn't have us both. He chose me. It may have helped when I told him you know, that stuff you're snorting up your nose was probably smuggled in in somebody's ass. Imagine the poor person who has to pick through the shit to find the bags of coke..

Saying you don't know anybody who does or who has done coke is like saying you don't know any gay people, atheists, swingers, or Republicans. Yeah you do, you just don't know who they are.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 09-12-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Charter Member

In the 90's it seemed to be everywhere. The bar I tended at always had people doing it just about every night. I've been to parties where there was literally piles of the stuff (about what you could fill an espresso cup with) on the dining room table for all to partake in.

It was a ton of fun, and I don't ever want to go back.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Sam, for me it was just the enjoyable "lift" and intense feeling of well being. After drinking and smoking all night, the party would be winding down and a few diehards would remain. Somebody would lay out some lines and presto!! the party would be back on track!
Yep, this was it for me too. Only the lines came out a bit earlier. It wasn't frequent but it was fun, at least until the next day. Glad those days are over.

I know lots of people who used coke daily. I don't know if they were technically addicted, but it sure wreaked havoc on their lives. Few of them had any real money. They either spent all they had or stole to fund their habits. They're really glad those days are over.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph124c View Post
"Cocaine is a heck of a drug"-Marion Barry, former D.C. mayor.
It's "Cocaine is a hell of a drug", and that was Rick James.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:21 AM

I tried it a couple of times many years ago and it was mildly unpleasant, like if you drink too much coffee. It didn't even keep me awake, let alone produce any sort of good feeling.

If someone offered it to me now though, I'd probably try again because caffeine affects me much more than it used to, so maybe cocaine would too. Finding something I like better than having a family, friends, houses, cars, teeth, etc. would be nice, because I like those things and anything that made them seem unimportant must be really great.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:34 AM

Never tried it, or even seen it recreationally, but over the years, I've had friends who used it, and my brother has admitted to doing it when he was young and stupid. None of them had anything positive to say about the overall experience.

I'll never forget the guy I worked with when I was in college who told the story many times about when he tried it. There was some at a party, so he snorted some, and didn't like it. He felt like he'd drunk about 2 pots of coffee all at once, and was relieved that it wore off after about 20 minutes - at which time he had an overwhelming desire to take some more. That he had this urge to once again use something that unpleasant meant to him that he needed to AVOID it.

I have, however, handled it many times as a pharmacist. It is very safe when used in this context.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Charter Member

I move in Dutch intellectual granola circles, and almost no-one I know has ever used coke.

The one guy who tried it was a drinker and daily pot-smoker. He said he sometimes treated himself to a bit of cocaine at New Years Eve, but that it felt "too good" so he limited use to once a year. As far as I know, he did.

I have never done coke, even though the afore mentioned guy once offered me to go out and get some. I had heard that coke just made you feel "fast and self assured". And I am "fast and self-assured" pretty often, so I figured coke couldn't offer me anything I hadn't experienced before.

Besides, and this may seem like a made-up reason but it is the honest truth: I thought coke should be boycotted as long as it fuels crime and exploited poor Columbians.
I might try it if it was grown on sustainable legal farms.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
I'd be willing to bet, (but I'm not suggesting you do this) if you spent the next month or so asking every friend, relative, co-worker, acquaintance etc. Basically, every adult you know on a first name basis that you run into and say 'hey, do you have a gram of coke I could buy, or do you know where I could get an 8 ball'). It wouldn't be long before someone either pulled someone out of their pocket or said 'sorry I only have a little left. Basically, I think you'd be surprised at how many people you know do coke.
I don't know. My understanding is that this might've been true 25 years ago, but that cocaine usage went down after that. Because of its cost, it was fashionable in moneyed circles, and not many people realized how addicting it could be. It ruined a lot of lives in those circles, and and then people--especially employers in the corporate world--started to take it more seriously, and stopped turning a blind eye to its use among employees. Meanwhile, cheap, domestic meth production started to grow tremendously. The stereotype of the low-income meth user makes us think that the well-to-do don't use it, but I don't think that's true. I gather that both drugs have similar effects (though I haven't tried either), and the market for cocaine went down, with meth filling in that place, but on a wider social spectrum, because of its lower cost. I think a lot a people start using either not just for the effect of the drug itself, but also because both drugs allow you to stay up longer drinking without passing out. Then a certain percentage of those people end up addicted to the drug itself.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guizot View Post
I don't know. My understanding is that this might've been true 25 years ago, but that cocaine usage went down after that. Because of its cost, it was fashionable in moneyed circles, and not many people realized how addicting it could be. It ruined a lot of lives in those circles, and and then people--especially employers in the corporate world--started to take it more seriously, and stopped turning a blind eye to its use among employees. Meanwhile, cheap, domestic meth production started to grow tremendously. The stereotype of the low-income meth user makes us think that the well-to-do don't use it, but I don't think that's true. I gather that both drugs have similar effects (though I haven't tried either), and the market for cocaine went down, with meth filling in that place, but on a wider social spectrum, because of its lower cost. I think a lot a people start using either not just for the effect of the drug itself, but also because both drugs allow you to stay up longer drinking without passing out. Then a certain percentage of those people end up addicted to the drug itself.
Coke is still pretty prevalent in restaurant kitchens (IME), maybe notsomuch in the corporate world.

But my point was that I think Urbanredneck is wrong when he says "Their must be literally millions of US coke addicts. Yet I've never known but one.".

Actually, re-reading that, maybe he's never known an actual addict, but I promise he's known a user. Like I said earlier, since, for the casual user, it doesn't get you high/drunk/inebriated, doesn't rot your teeth or wreck your life etc, it's pretty impossible to know a coke user from someone that doesn't use.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:03 PM

It was all over my social group in the 80's (my best friend was a rock musician, which no doubt skewed things quite a bit). I never tried it, too afraid I'd like it too much. In the old days there was a bumper sticker that read "My other car went up my nose".
Old 09-12-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I have the rather unfortunate problem of nasal herpes, contracted while sharing a rolled up note with my dealer, who only told me post-snort that he had the problem.

While my cocaine use was never particularly regular, and is now non-existent, the cold-sore in my right nostril makes its appearance every 3 to 4 months.

Remember kids, drugs are bad, m'kay?
Old 09-12-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Amazing View Post
It's "Cocaine is a hell of a drug", and that was Rick James.
Richard Pryor may have liked it a bit, also...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kr0TnhToek
Old 09-12-2015, 01:30 PM

Apparently coke is back. I shudder to think how kids pay for it, but it's in the high schools in my town and surrounding towns. I live in a semi-rural area about an hour north of Toronto. I don't know if Meth is an issue, not having teenagers to keep me apprised. I learned of the coke from my hairdresser, who has a teenager.

I did my share of coke as a young adult, but then it was an "adult indulgence" of the eighties. I knew some people who moved on to free-basing, then crack. It didn't turn out well for them.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckity View Post
Apparently coke is back. . .
Thatís something I havenít heard. I always thought that itís still used more recreationally in Europe than the States, and I donít know about Canada. But then I looked around and found that this UN Office on Drugs and Crime report from last year says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UN Office on Drugs and Crime
The most problematic use of cocaine is in the Americas. In North America, cocaine use has been declining since 2006, partly due to a sustained shortage. However, more recently, a slight increase in prevalence has been observed in the United States, as has an increase in maritime seizures.
I guess there are significant differences between abuse and recreational use in various areas. In the L.A. area, itís still relatively low on the list for admissions to treatment centers (6.8%, in L.A. County, compared to 23% for opioids, and nearly 19% for meth), according to this report from last year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by National Institute on Drug Abuse
Primary cocaine treatment admissions accounted for 6.8 percent of total Los Angeles County alcohol and other drug (AOD) treatment admissions in the first half of 2013, continuing a downward trend (from 13 percent of total admissions in CY 2009 to 7.5 percent in CY 2012). Among drug reports from items analyzed by NFLIS laboratories in the first half of 2013, 18.5 percent were identified as cocaine; this represented a decrease from CY 2012 levels, when cocaine reports constituted 20.2 percent of the total drug reports.
That last number is interesting, but it involves actual crime investigation testing, and I believe the number is as high as it is because it includes crack with cocaine, which I suppose in some ways is not quite the same drug. In any case, routine crack dealings are more likely to get caught up in law enforcement than cocaine, I think it's safe to say.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:37 PM

The problem now is that something like 90% of cocaine is laced with a chemical called Levamisole, which is used on cows. It basically destroys white blood cells and cripples your immune system for a short while.

I made the mistake of using coke on back-to-back evenings when I was dealing with a cold. I thought I was going to die the next week, but I couldn't very well go to the doctor and say "Hey I did some cocaine and I'm worried my immune system is crippled and it's causing this cold to be so severe."

Even a minor admission like that will follow you for the rest of your life. I would forever be branded as a "drug user" on my medical records.

A really stupid, fucked-up flaw in our (otherwise very-good) medical system.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:43 PM

I've been around it, used by highly educated people casually. It isn't as casual as marijuana, but people use it when out etc. and it isn't weird in the sense that pulling out a meth pipe might be. I am not aware of any daily users. No 80s-style coke parties, just people doing key bumps in a bathroom or something. If at a party, nobody whips it out as the main attraction.

It's somewhat fun but doesn't do much for me. Never had to pay for it.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Charter Member

So, what is it about cocaine?
Well, it intensifies your personality.
But, what if you're an asshole?

Bill Cosby-Himself. Probably the funniest stand up comedy routine I've ever seen.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckity View Post
Apparently coke is back. I shudder to think how kids pay for it, but it's in the high schools in my town and surrounding towns. I live in a semi-rural area about an hour north of Toronto. I don't know if Meth is an issue, not having teenagers to keep me apprised. I learned of the coke from my hairdresser, who has a teenager.

I did my share of coke as a young adult, but then it was an "adult indulgence" of the eighties. I knew some people who moved on to free-basing, then crack. It didn't turn out well for them.
The same way they pay for heroin here in the Midwest. I'll put it this way: People tend to blame crime on the people who live in the gang-infested neighborhoods (i.e. mostly black and/or Hispanic, at least in my city) but if the people who lived in the wealthy, mostly-white neighborhoods would stop giving their kids so much money, that gang problem would largely dry up and blow away overnight because they would lose their funding.

On a related note, a few years ago I saw a TV show about heroin addiction in suburbia (and let's face it, that's when it finally becomes important) and they were at a parents' support group. It was all women, and the commentator said that fathers could attend but they had never seen one. I thought that spoke volumes right there.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean View Post
The problem now is that something like 90% of cocaine is laced with a chemical called Levamisole, which is used on cows. It basically destroys white blood cells and cripples your immune system for a short while.

I made the mistake of using coke on back-to-back evenings when I was dealing with a cold. I thought I was going to die the next week, but I couldn't very well go to the doctor and say "Hey I did some cocaine and I'm worried my immune system is crippled and it's causing this cold to be so severe."

Even a minor admission like that will follow you for the rest of your life. I would forever be branded as a "drug user" on my medical records.

Where do you live, that someone like this would be flagged so heavily on your medical records?

Levamisole is an anti-parasitic agent that was used for colon cancer for some time, until less toxic agents came along. Where did you hear that cocaine is cut with this? Around here, we've had issues with people stealing powdered baby formula, to cut coke or meth.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalej42 View Post
So, what is it about cocaine?
Well, it intensifies your personality.
But, what if you're an asshole?

Bill Cosby-Himself. Probably the funniest stand up comedy routine I've ever seen.
Too bad he wasn't a heavy user. That stuff is better than alcohol at keeping your dick limp.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:17 PM

This question, OP, is something that has bugged me for years. Everyone, and by that I mean every one of my friends who is roughly my age, has stories to tell about all the coke they did and the huge coke-fueled parties they went to, and how it was everywhere and everyone did it... and yet I only saw it a few times, and the few times I used it, it did nothing for me and seemed awfully expensive for a drug that didn't seem to have any effect on me. I finally had to sit down and think about my own history and why all my friends had this coke history that seemed strangely absent from my life. It's not like I had been a hermit in the 80s, or that I had any objection to using it, so how did I miss it?
In the early 80s, after bouncing around and living it up doing youthful stupid things (and spending a lot of money on drugs -- none of it cocaine) I decided to get serious and quit neglecting my intellect and future. Go to college, in other words. By then, I was older than the average college student, so didn't make a lot of friends at school, and I was also dead serious about my studies and making the most of the opportunities for intellectual improvement that university life offered. I studied hard, lived overseas on study abroad programs, and met the egg-headed gal I eventually married. Right after college we worked overseas and then moved back to the states and bought a house, started a family, I found a new, rewarding career, and basically joined adult life. So I was busy at university and studying/working abroad. That's what I was doing instead of cocaine. Huh.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Charter Member

I had it offered to me at a couple of parties in college (early 90s). I declined because even though I did some stupid stuff in college, I knew how fast I'd gotten hooked on cigarettes in high school, and I knew I couldn't afford an addiction to coke.

I've not run across it since then.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsura View Post
I had it offered to me at a couple of parties in college (early 90s). I declined because even though I did some stupid stuff in college, I knew how fast I'd gotten hooked on cigarettes in high school, and I knew I couldn't afford an addiction to coke.

I've not run across it since then.
I was always a bit wary of it too, knowing that I had a sort of weakness for any drug with an abuse/addiction potential and especially those feel good amphetamine-type drugs. Anyone remember cross-tops? I know I did those as fast as I could get my hands on them all through the late 70s. Then I moved out of state and lost my main drug connections and decided I was really better off without it.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:40 PM
BANNED

Can someone describe what doing cocaine feels like? Like a lot of users here, I've only ever drank alcohol and taken a puff or 2 off of a joint. Alcohol makes me feel woozy and sleepy, reefer makes me feel like coughing and somewhat relaxed and less anxious.

I've heard it makes you feel powerful, but I've never experienced it so I have trouble imagining what this must feel like or why you would go out of your way to find a drug dealer and buy some.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:16 PM

Powder cocaine is certainly the most underwhelming drug I've dallied with. I do get the feeling I'm already blessed/cursed with the sort of confidence/arrogance it provides its fans - it just makes me feel unpleasantly brittle.

One reason that some people might not notice coke use amongst their acquaintances is that it's a notoriously cliquey habit in my experience. A large proportion of its thrill is tied up with its glamour and affluent exclusivity - your gang become rulers amongst peasants!
Old 09-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Isaiah 1:15 Screw the NRA.
Charter Member

Cocaine always just made my teeth itch and make me want to drink more. Back in the 80s I had a number of friends who were moderate to heavy users, so it was always around - at parties, after work, in the back room during work, whenever. Never thought too highly of the stuff myself. Always preferred beer and weed.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:30 PM

Haven't had any since I was in college. The stuff that I had then (early 80s) included pharmaceutical coke that an acquaintance had stolen from his father's pharmacy. The commonsewers were all but masturbating over that stuff. It did little for me but make me jittery and irritable.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:38 PM
Elephant Whisperer

A side note: Coke is not common at all in Thailand. Unlike heroin or amphetamines, which are commonly smuggled out of Thailand, coke is, of course, smuggled in, and the market for it is pretty much restricted to wealthier Thais who first tried it while studying abroad. Whenever you do read of a courier bust at the airport, it's usually someone who has scored some while traveling internationally and was bringing it back for a close circle of friends and associates. They're not your normal drug mule.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:40 PM

Coke can turn the most mundane conversation with a mere acquaintance into the most intense, gripping dialogue of your life. .
Old 09-12-2015, 08:24 PM

I did it once and it only made my heart race. *shrug* I liked weed or booze better.

Medical-grade cocaine was used during my sinus surgery. I woke up after the surgery with my heart racing and in a sweat. Total panic attack.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:36 PM
Charter Member

I used to do it once in a while, years ago. Usually I would just end up cleaning the house after a line or two. Once, I re-grouted the tub.

It's too expensive a high, to just do home maintenance.

I remember that it's nearly impossible to get drunk while doing coke.

Last edited by Honey; 09-12-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean View Post

Only in your imagination. Of course you could have gone to a doctor. You realize that for the most part such consultations are confidential, right? And there's no central database for medical records with a check box for "drug user", as you are imagining.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:04 PM

There was a period a few years back in the 2000's that I did it every week. I never understood before trying it how people could blow so much money on something like that. If you're one of those people who really takes a shine to it just talking about doing it, especially if you will be doing it later, will make your heart start beating faster in anticipation. I know I enjoyed it, especially the whole ritual of doing it, but there's just so much trouble you can get into legally and possible dangerous characters you can get tangled up with if you're not careful. Almost nothing feels as bad as coming down off a powerful stimulant though so you better have something to make the comedown bearable.

Last edited by pool; 09-12-2015 at 09:07 PM.