Old 08-02-2017, 06:26 PM

Man uses two fans and his dog to catch Mosquitoes.

I can't use my deck in the evening because of mosquitoes. Thankfully they aren't too bad if I don't linger outside.

I have encountered heavy mosquito infestations on backpacking trips. I sympathize with anyone living with these things.

This gentleman came up with an affordable and environmentally friendly way to catch and kill them. Best of all, the ants and lizards feast on the dead mosquitoes.

His channel on YouTube is GreenPowerScience

He's got some great videos.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oes-NIGHT.html
Quote:
Rojas's plan revolves around a key piece of equipment: High-powered industrial fans. 

The fans - which retail for around $100-300 online - do the job of trapping the mosquitoes overnight in their thousands. 

To ensure that the bugs - as well as pollen, leaves and other items - don't get caught in the mechanism, a mesh screen is placed across the mouth of the fan.

That screen is held in place by rare-earth magnets, which are powerful enough to resist the pull of the fan.

'They get rusty, but they still work,' Rojas explains, as he traps the mesh in place.

Of course, mosquitoes are not famous for being obsessed with fans; they're attracted to the carbon dioxide exhaled by animals with each breath.

To that end, Rojas drafts in his rescue pitbull, Rocky, who hangs out in a cage between two of the fans - though he stresses that Rocky never gets bit, and always sleeps indoors at night.

Last edited by aceplace57; 08-02-2017 at 06:29 PM.