Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 10:49 AM

Testing positive for cocaine in a probationary bond uv

I tested positive for cocaine this morning when I went in for my uv test, A day or two before I had tasted some of it on my gums from a friend and obviously it went down to my digestive system, Will the second follow up test come back positive or will it fall below the threshold level I only had a small amount and put it on my gums
Old 09-26-2017, 10:55 AM
SD Curator of Critters

Legal/medical advice is better suited to IMHO than General Questions.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator
Old 09-26-2017, 11:01 AM
Charter Member

What was the test; urine or hair? A hair test will detect a drug a lot longer than a urine test will.

Have you drank any alcohol recently? Cocaine will last longer in your system if you've been drinking alcohol.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:47 PM

It was a urine test and I don't drink or do anything type of drugs I just tasted the cocaine on my gums
Old 09-26-2017, 12:49 PM
Charter Member

What is a "probationary bond uv test"? Google only found one hit, and it's this thread.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:53 PM

Why were you having anything to do with cocaine if you knew you were having a test?
Old 09-26-2017, 01:05 PM

I didn't think me tasting the coke when come up on my drug test it was only a spec you guys are doing everything but answering my question
Old 09-26-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee104 View Post
I didn't think me tasting the coke when come up on my drug test it was only a spec you guys are doing everything but answering my question
Well, you should have the actual answer shortly. Please do update the thread with the results.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Because you're not giving us enough information. As Vinyl Turnip asked, what is a probationary bond uv test?
Old 09-26-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Will the second follow up test come back positive or will it fall below the threshold level I only had a small amount and put it on my gums
It depends on 1) was the follow up test being done with the original specimen or did you provide a new specimen 2) if you provided a new specimen, how long after you tasted the coke did you give the 2nd specimen, and 3) how the specimen is being tested.

If 1) they are using your original specimen, and 2) they are testing for the metabolite of cocaine (not just for cocaine itself), then it will likely come up positive as well.

If you gave a new specimen, and it was 3+ days from when you tasted the coke, then it will likely come up negative.

The keys are 1) time period from when you tasted and when you give the specimen, and 2) whether they're testing for the metabolite (which most drug testing labs do).
Old 09-26-2017, 02:33 PM

Maybe UV visible spectroscopy?

Apparently its sometimes used in drug testing.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:00 PM

Ok, so you don't do drugs. However, for some reason when facing an upcoming drug test, you decided that this was the one perfect time to find out what cocaine tastes like?

(It tastes like numbing plus whatever unpleasant shit it was cut with, for those at home who were wondering but are too smart to try it themselves.)

99% of the time, people rub coke on their gums to check it for quality. Just so everyone knows, it's a bad way to check for quality. Dealers often cut their coke with teething powders containing a local anesthetic (usually benzocaine), which will make your gums numb regardless of how good the coke is.

Also, it probably didn't get absorbed through the digestive system. Cocaine travels through mucus membranes, like the ones in the back of your nose. Your gums are also mucus membranes, so the cocaine was probably absorbed into your blood directly through your gums. As for how long it can be detected in your urine, that will be about 2-4 days. This can be longer for hardcore users, extending up to a week in one case I've heard of.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:22 PM

I'm out on bond so I hired a lawyer for my case and before we went to court he told me that the judge makes everyone take drug test if anything on they're case is drug related every month, I have a card that says Adult Probationer Identification. All I wanted to knw is if the small amount of cocaine that I tasted will be below the threshold because if that's the case then it would still be considered negative even the the uv pick it up for cocaine .
Old 09-26-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
I don't drink or do anything type of drugs
Quote:
I just tasted the cocaine
Something about these statements seems contradictory.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I'm out on bond so I hired a lawyer for my case and before we went to court he told me that the judge makes everyone take drug test if anything on they're case is drug related every month, I have a card that says Adult Probationer Identification. All I wanted to knw is if the small amount of cocaine that I tasted will be below the threshold because if that's the case then it would still be considered negative even the the uv pick it up for cocaine .
So you registered here and posted specifically hoping that we would be able to tell you how much cocaine you could do without it being detected by the drug test? Is that right?
Old 09-26-2017, 03:36 PM

lol y'all full of sht I'm done
Old 09-26-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Just curious...why in the world did you "taste" the cocaine?
Old 09-26-2017, 03:39 PM

Bitch I didn't do any cocaine I just rubbed it on my gums to test the quality !

Last edited by Dee104; 09-26-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
So you registered here and posted specifically hoping that we would be able to tell you how much cocaine you could do without it being detected by the drug test? Is that right?
Well, this is the Straight Dope, right?

It's a shame the OP probably won't be around long enough for us to find out the conclusion to this thrilling story.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:46 PM
The Zeroeth Mod

Moderator Warning

Quote:
Bitch I didn't do any cocaine I just rubbed it on my gums to test the quality !
We don't allow personal insults in this forum.

And, I think we're done here. Thread closed.
Closed Thread