Old 06-10-2018, 11:56 PM

TriPolar deserves a good pitting

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...2&postcount=37

What the fuck kind of nonsense is this fucking shit? Are you being deliberately thick or what?
Old 06-10-2018, 11:57 PM

God dammit I'm rolling around on the floor, pulling my hair out, and gouging my eyes out! What kind of stupidity is this?! I expected more from a...progressive.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:11 AM

I sincerely say Thank You. 11 years on this board annoying people and no one ever pitted me. I have hinted that someone ought to, I have stepped over the line more than once, twice, I don't know because I lost count, but still not one of you bothered to Pit me until now! I liked you before asahi, even when we disagreed, but now you have made it onto an exclusive list of Dopers I actually care about. You're still wrong about the DNC, but you just made a friend.

And I damn sure am a Progressive, I'm a flat out Liberal on most issues, and even though I am an avowed lifelong Independent, I started supporting the Democratic party when I was four years old and walked door to door with my mother to deliver political material, even though I went to jail for protesting at the 1972 Republican Convention, even though I worked campaigns for Democratic candidates, I figured I'd get called out for standing up for the truth and pointing out the mistakes they are making.

But I don't care as much about that as finally getting Pitted. Honestly, sincerely, you have my thanks and gratitude. I finally feel like I belong.

Last edited by TriPolar; 06-11-2018 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:42 AM

The irony is that by gouging out his eyes in response to your original post, asahi is now unable to read your reply.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibby or Not Tibby View Post
The irony is that by gouging out his eyes in response to your original post, asahi is now unable to read your reply.
...there are no correct definitions of irony, however.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...2&postcount=37

What the fuck kind of nonsense is this fucking shit? Are you being deliberately thick or what?
Is there more context to this? Because while TriPolar may or may not be right, it's just a political point, hardly seems to rate a pitting (and as an outsider, he does seem to somewhat have a point - to me, the Congressional Dems mostly seem to behave like pariah dogs who mistakenly think showing their bellies will spare them a kicking - even if he's wrong that they deserve the lion's share of the blame vs the GOP)

I'd pit him more for the later doubling down on the "Hillary started the Obama=Muslim" shit.

Last edited by MrDibble; 06-11-2018 at 02:28 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriPolar View Post
I sincerely say Thank You. 11 years on this board annoying people and no one ever pitted me.
I am gobsmacked by this, it's honestly kinda lame Tri. Your whole board persona is that of an unpredictable, crazy, say anything smarty pants with a strong personality disorder. Yet somehow it's never ruffled anyone's feathers bad enough to pit you. And I can't be bothered to say more. Lame.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:21 AM
Charter Member

Yes, he deserves a good pitting. One would hope that, if they are pitted, they get a good one.

This one isn't.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:24 AM

The funny thing is that is one of less idiotic things he's said in the last month. [i.e. I assumed it would be about more nonsense from one of the gender threads]
Old 06-11-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
God dammit I'm rolling around on the floor, pulling my hair out, and gouging my eyes out! What kind of stupidity is this?! I expected more from a...progressive.
You are quite the drama queen. Why are you throwing a tantrum because someone disagrees with you on a fairly boring point? Also, he's more right that you are.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:54 AM

Yeah, I gotta admit. This was weak.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Well that derailed a perfectly good potential pile-on. Don't you know how these things go? You're supposed to dig in your heels, compound the problem, flail wildly at everyone (bonus if you also go after your allies in the threads) until we get a meltdown of epic proportions.

And you've just ruined all that. Humph. I'm terribly disappointed in you.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:44 AM

OP, you've made some whackadoo comments yourself, like equating all southerners with the KKK. You tend to regard anybody from center to right as blood enemies, and you flew apart because (I guess) you didn't like the way TP criticized Democrats. Grow some skin.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I

And I damn sure am a Progressive, I'm a flat out Liberal on most issues,
I thought Progressives were even Liberaler than Liberals? Like maybe only a step or two from Commies?
"Yes, but that's because you're a wild human, not a tame human. The likes of you would have to be kept in a zoo, and the keepers would be very careful to never put their tentacles inside the bars"--Lemur866 describing Oak, 11/13/09
Molon labe--Leonidas I
Old 06-11-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I sincerely say Thank You. 11 years on this board annoying people and no one ever pitted me.
Congratulations TriPolar you finally passed the audition!
Old 06-11-2018, 03:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
At least you're not weak and dishonest like you-know-who!!!

Last edited by John Mace; 06-11-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:53 PM
Charter Member

I really expected more from Chicken Little v. Huge Cock.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
I really expected more from Chicken Little v. Huge Cock.
I got cock-slapped.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:54 PM

Quote:
God dammit I'm rolling around on the floor, pulling my hair out, and gouging my eyes out!.
yeah, yeah, thanks Mike for the "What IF two 18-inch-long steel needles were plunged through Tony Orlando and Dawn's eyes?" shtick already.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakminster View Post
I thought Progressives were even Liberaler than Liberals? Like maybe only a step or two from Commies?
You thought that because you are a fucking moron who believes the lame-ass bullshit terminology that your drooling right-wing idiot friends feed you.

No offense meant.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
You thought that because you are a fucking moron who believes the lame-ass bullshit terminology that your drooling right-wing idiot friends feed you.

No offense meant.
Hey! This is my pitting. Don't use it to go after other people, insult me!
Old 06-12-2018, 02:39 AM

I couldn't wrap my hand around any good reason to hate TriPolar for the post that infuriated OP.

However
Quote:
... And I think you mean 'seque' into the most recent piece of evidence, not riding a scooter into it. Or maybe not, you tell us.
Even I don't resort to this level of snark unless I'm addressing a loathsome Republican; and Mr. Cadet isn't that.

Moreover, those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. When Urban Dictionary writes "Seque: An alternative 100% acceptable spelling of the word Segue," they're being sarcastic.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:42 AM

I don't know about that. The Urban Dictionary sucks.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Hey! This is my pitting. Don't use it to go after other people, insult me!
Ok: you are profoundly benign.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:35 AM

Now the stupid fuck is starting a thread trying to breathe life into the corpse of the "Hillary started Obama Muslim rumor". He couldn't be arsed to check Politifact even when cited to him.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
I couldn't wrap my hand around any good reason to hate TriPolar for the post that infuriated OP....
My aphasia-dementia continues to play tricks. 'Hand' was supposed to be 'head.' However the mistake makes my remark much funnier!
Old 06-12-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Ok: you are profoundly benign.
Son of a bitch! What does it take to piss you guys off?
Old 06-12-2018, 08:42 AM
2012 SDMB NFL Salary Cap Champ
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
Now the stupid fuck is starting a thread trying to breathe life into the corpse of the "Hillary started Obama Muslim rumor". He couldn't be arsed to check Politifact even when cited to him.
Considering how bad at their job Politifact has been for the past decade (Maddow even had a recurring segment about it in the Obama administration), that's not a cite that carries a lot of weight.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Son of a bitch! What does it take to piss you guys off?
Well, shit, was that not insulting enough? I know I would be deeply offended by a remark like that.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Now the stupid fuck is starting a thread trying to breathe life into the corpse of the "Hillary started Obama Muslim rumor"...
Yeah, watching people rehash that old canard might be the saddest thing I've read in a long time.

Just to imagine people like TriPolar going through every minute of their lives with that bile pounding around their brains... :•(
Old 06-12-2018, 11:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Actually that thread gave us evidence that he only bothers to check cites just to see if the dumb escape hatch that he imagines is there, that one about the cite we made mentioning Birtherism. As if that was the only reason the cites were made.

Of course the dumb or wilful stupidity comes by thinking that others will not check and see that the 'being a secret Muslim' accusation was dealt with too and anyone can see also that Tripolar's say so in that thread that "Clinton never denied that accusation" of Obama being a secret Muslim was countered in the Politifact article too:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...on-connection/
Quote:
They played a clip of Clinton rejecting the lie about Obama’s religion in a 2008 interview. Somewhat cautiously, Clinton explained why she didn’t think Obama was a Muslim.

"There is no basis for that," she said. "I take him on the basis of what he says."
Old 06-12-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:

No offense meant.
Who the fuck are you and when did I piss in your Cheerios? In any event, go fuck a cactus and stuff.
"Yes, but that's because you're a wild human, not a tame human. The likes of you would have to be kept in a zoo, and the keepers would be very careful to never put their tentacles inside the bars"--Lemur866 describing Oak, 11/13/09
Molon labe--Leonidas I
Old 06-12-2018, 12:24 PM

“… and stuff.” ?
Old 06-12-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
“… and stuff.” ?
I just can't work up the energy for a proper dog cussing...been a long week already.
Molon labe--Leonidas I
Old 06-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakminster View Post
I just can't work up the energy for a proper dog cussing...been a long week already.
Hey, leave dogs out of this!
Old 06-12-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:

And I damn sure am a Progressive, I'm a flat out Liberal on most issues, and even though I am an avowed lifelong Independent, I started supporting the Democratic party when I was four years old and walked door to door with my mother to deliver political material, even though I went to jail for protesting at the 1972 Republican Convention, even though I worked campaigns for Democratic candidates, I figured I'd get called out for standing up for the truth and pointing out the mistakes they are making.
All is forgiven considering this wretched childhood.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
And I damn sure am a Progressive...
Ok, now I have to burn my membership card. Why oh why did I get it laminated? Cough, cough... the.. . ƒ u m e s . . .

Old 06-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Have you met Flo?
Old 06-12-2018, 04:53 PM

Is the original post pointing to the correct quote? I don't see anything pit-worthy in that.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Is the original post pointing to the correct quote? I don't see anything pit-worthy in that.
Honesty. It bugs people. Sometimes we just want to think reality is not as bad as it actually is. Like asahi, the OPit of this thread. He wants to feel like there is some kind of hope yet, not have someone like TP waltz in and point out in a supercilious tone that all his toys are broken.

Because, you know, it is so much easier to get mad at each other than at what the real problems are. Those things are scary and take us out of our respective comfort zones. We can fight without fear, but can we fight without hope?
Old 06-13-2018, 02:14 PM

Wait...I thought Obama was a Muslim and that's why he didn't get re-elected in 2016?
Old 06-13-2018, 06:10 PM

pitting

At the risk of being pitted, what, excatly, is pitting?

And, what the heck is a tripolar and why should I care

Last edited by ohiomstr2; 06-13-2018 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:03 PM

Well, there's this thing called "pitting," which is kinda like roasting but, well, different.

I had the right spirit, but unfortunately, I confess that I completely fucked the pit job. Basically, I punched myself in the face and broke my own nose.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the moderators ban me from pitting ever again, on the grounds that if you're gonna pit, pit right. My pitting was more like putzing, or shitting. Or both.

Pitting is usually supposed to make the targeted poster feel a sense of shame and indignation. Instead, I made him feel welcomed and honored.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:07 PM

And I am eternally grateful for that. Feel free to Pit me again any time. I would do the same for you except I think you don't want to be Pitted, so instead, if you are Pitted, I will bring the gates of Hell down upon your Pitter.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
And I am eternally grateful for that. Feel free to Pit me again any time. I would do the same for you except I think you don't want to be Pitted, so instead, if you are Pitted, I will bring the gates of Hell down upon your Pitter.
Cheers!
Old 06-13-2018, 10:34 PM

pits

Thank you for the definition, and the self awarenes