Old 10-20-2018, 05:41 AM
Charter Member

Gardening while black? Must be a paedo!

https://www.essence.com/news/gardeni...ng-a-pedophile

Quote:
According to the Detroit Metro Times, the incident unfolded throughout 2017 into early 2018. Peeples believe that the women – whom he identified on GoFundMe as Deborah Nash, Jennifer Morris and Martha Callahan – did not like his project in the park that was located across the street from Nash’s home.

The women began to call the police about him, but after the police wouldn’t respond to allegations of illegal gardening (like, how, Sway), the women escalated their behavior, accusing Peeples of serious allegations. At one point the women accused Peeples of threatening Nash with a gun in the park, in another incident they accused him of taking part in a drive-by shooting. In another particularly horrific incident, the women waited until Peeples had children with him working in the garden and accused him of being a pedophile.

“[The three white women] should be sitting at the defendant’s table for stalking and harassment charges, not Mr. Peeples,” Judge Bryant said at a hearing. “This is disgusting and a waste of the court’s time and resources,” she added before granting the defense’s motion for a directed verdict, which ended the case before it went in front of a jury.”
Jeebus America, some people are black. GET OVER IT.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post

The racists now control the federal government; of course they feel emboldened and are acting out more. It's only going to escalate from here.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Trihs View Post
The racists now control the federal government; of course they feel emboldened and are acting out more. It's only going to escalate from here.
This right here. The Tiny-Handed Tyrant still believes his predecessor wasn't a US citizen and that five teenage boys that have been completely exonerated are still guilty of rape and should be executed. He's called those that have shot at and beaten black people "very fine people". Of course the shitheads think this is ok - America elected their drunken uncle to the highest office.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:

Oh, this country's just getting started.

I warned back on election night that this country was going back to the Jim Crow era. Understand that the assault on voter rights isn't just an attempt to keep blacks from voting; it's the first step in an attempt to restore the white pecking order, along with immigration restrictions. People don't see it now, but in about 5-10 years time, the results will be more obvious in some regions of the country.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post
This right here. The Tiny-Handed Tyrant still believes his predecessor wasn't a US citizen and that five teenage boys that have been completely exonerated are still guilty of rape and should be executed. He's called those that have shot at and beaten black people "very fine people". Of course the shitheads think this is ok - America elected their drunken uncle to the highest office.
It's not Trump, it's whose supporting Trump. In a sense, American capitalism, American oligarchy depends on racial conflict. It needs race-based hierarchy and racial conflict in order to survive. If ordinary folk are spending their time fighting each other, they're spending less time holding the oligarchs accountable and demanding a fairer society. Expect this not only to continue, but to worsen.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:06 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Nice attempt at in-grouping on concern over race and gender inequality while expressing your own prejudices elsewhere.

Stranger

Last edited by Stranger On A Train; 10-20-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger On A Train View Post
Nice attempt at in-grouping on concern over race and gender inequality while expressing your own prejudices elsewhere.

Stranger
Why is he wrong?
Old 10-20-2018, 10:13 AM

He's a condescending limey idiot who makes these posts in order to feel superior, all the while ignoring the irony that the subjugation of African peoples was the work of his ilk. Racism? Shit, you fuckheads invented it. Go cry about Brexit somewhere, you fucking dink.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post
He's a condescending limey idiot who makes these posts in order to feel superior, all the while ignoring the irony that the subjugation of African peoples was the work of his ilk. Racism? Shit, you fuckheads invented it. Go cry about Brexit somewhere, you fucking dink.
Yes, but the UK has probably done a better job of dealing with racism than the US, which still uses a constitution that is inherently racist and established a racist economic, political, and social framework. And we're naive if you think we've somehow improved the constitution to remove the stains of racism. They're still there, still obvious, if we would just acknowledge it.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:38 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Just a couple samples of the o.p.’s genuine concern for the rights and recognition pf all peoples:

Next shithole: South Africa?
South Africa going the way of Zimbabwe?

I rarely bother enough to pay attention or track particular posters unless they have some special are of knowledge or expertise I find interesting, bit when I see the o.p. authoring a thread I know that it will be something of breathtaking obtusity and astonishing stupidity. He is like the parody of a self-entitled Englishman with a monocle making pronouncements about the ‘proper way’ of conducting one’s self while passive-aggressively admonishing the waitstaff for the quality of the food by leaving an “insult tip”. He also has a fixation on rape and false accusations, and making sure that men don’t get the short straw in issues of gender equality because that is a real problem in modern society where men are routinely denied occupational and educational opportunities.

TL;DR: the o.p. is a disingenuous idiot who pretends concern for inequality and bigotry while often tacitly expressing the same.

Stranger
Old 10-20-2018, 10:38 AM

This thing has an Alice's restaurant feel to it.

I can imagine the defendant in jail, explaining his charges to desperate criminals in the holding pen:

"So what are you in for?"

"Illegal gardening.....and creating a nuisance."

"You the man!"
Old 10-20-2018, 10:53 AM

Stranger, how dare you.

SPOILER:

Call Quartz an Englishman. He is a Scot
Old 10-20-2018, 11:00 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK84 View Post
Stranger, how dare you.

SPOILER:

Even worse; the race that brought Presbyterianism, haggis, and overly long Mel Gibson pseudo-historical epics upon humanity. “Go, prick thy face, and over-red thy fear, thou lily-liver’d boy.”

Stranger
Old 10-20-2018, 12:19 PM

I’m sure the OP thinks he stumbled on some sort of cataclysmic “gotcha” for liberals — hey, here’s a story about white women falsely accusing a black man of crimes.

Because his stupid right wing bubble pea brain has convinced him that ALL liberals think every accusation made by a a white woman is true.
Because his stupid right wing bubble pea brain has convinced him that ALL liberals think black men are always innocent of everything.

So this idiot thinks he’s going to make everyone’s heads explode with his brilliance. Yawn.

And Quartz, go fuck yourself.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:30 PM

I hope the next time I see Peeples in the news, it's about him suing the women for everything they own.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
He's a condescending limey idiot who makes these posts in order to feel superior, all the while ignoring the irony that the subjugation of African peoples was the work of his ilk.
Thank you for displaying your ignorance. Do you know that those African slaves were sold to European slavers by Africans? Do you know that slavery in the Old World was endemic all over until very recently? Do you know that the experience of enslaved Africans was nothing special? Read up on Roman slavery sometime. Or Persian slavery. Or Chinese slavery.

Indeed you might care to read up on the Arab slave trade on the East coast, where male black African slaves were routinely castrated - by the African slavers - before sale to the Arabs.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
And Quartz, go fuck yourself.
Thank you for your eloquent and ignorant idiocy.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Thank you for displaying your ignorance. Do you know that those African slaves were sold to European slavers by Africans? Do you know that slavery in the Old World was endemic all over until very recently? Do you know that the experience of enslaved Africans was nothing special? Read up on Roman slavery sometime. Or Persian slavery. Or Chinese slavery.

Indeed you might care to read up on the Arab slave trade on the East coast, where male black African slaves were routinely castrated - by the African slavers - before sale to the Arabs.
Der. No shit. And guess how they crossed the ocean?

Rule Brittania
Brittania runs the slaves
We chained, castrated and raped
all the slaves
Old 10-20-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Yes, but the UK has probably done a better job of dealing with racism than the US, which still uses a constitution that is inherently racist and established a racist economic, political, and social framework.
Ha ha ha...that's cute.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:32 PM

Can someone please explain to me just why you're all slagging off the UK because Quartz is a prick? I don't call the whole of the US cunts just because you've got Trump, Bannon, and the like. Show me a nation that doesn't have the odd bell end.

Oh, and I'm fairly confident that he's English, though I believe currently resides in North East scotland (think I saw him on Union St a couple of weeks back)
Old 10-20-2018, 04:04 PM

I garden while drunk.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kumquat View Post
Can someone please explain to me just why you're all slagging off the UK because Quartz is a prick? I don't call the whole of the US cunts just because you've got Trump, Bannon, and the like. Show me a nation that doesn't have the odd bell end.

Oh, and I'm fairly confident that he's English, though I believe currently resides in North East scotland (think I saw him on Union St a couple of weeks back)
That's mostly my fault. The main reason is that I'm an asshole, but there are a few others. I've spent five or six years of my life in the UK. Obviously, I could say a lot of nice things about it, but where is the fun in that?

Americans are ridiculed, fairly, for our ignorance of history. But man, I've been lectured way too many times by smug, arrogant Brits who have a remarkable disconnect from the reality of British colonialism. Glass houses, stones, etc..
Old 10-20-2018, 04:38 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Quartz is making the argument that the United States is fundamentally flawed at its very basis in the Constitution (which, as far as it goes, is actually a rational statement that could be supported by evidence) but advances the notion that somehow racial prejudice is a uniquely American problem even though Great Britain has long standing systemic problems with racism and socioeconomic divides and conveniently ignores the fact that the entire British Empire was based on the trade of African slaves and opium. Of course, essentially every European nation and colony has some cross to bear with regard to gross mistreatment of indigenous peoples, and Britain is not the worst by far. But you can thank the disingenuousness of Quartz in garnering a response based upon his selective outrage about how America alone has manifest problems with racial inequality and that bizarre, rambling justification for how the British were simply innocent explored caught in the middle of a slave trade forced on them by West African tribes that they were just too polite to turn away.

But beyond that blind spot, Quartz is just generally a misogynistic, racist shit who is also a thin-skinned provocateur who can't accept the abuse he doles out on others, so it is schadenfreude to catch him at the height of obtuse hypocrisy.

Stranger

Last edited by Stranger On A Train; 10-20-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:56 PM
Isaiah 1:15 Screw the NRA.
Charter Member

And Quartz goes on the Ignore list next to the other morons.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:03 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus View Post
And Quartz goes on the Ignore list next to the other morons.
I call them Village Idiots. Quartz is not actually the worst of them, although he's made a stellar effort in the last couple of years.

Stranger

Last edited by Stranger On A Train; 10-20-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:17 PM

I garden while barefoot. God, I hope no one notices.
I have met women like the article describes. They are in every neighborhood. Always peeping out their windows and causing a dust up. That's how they get their jollies. I hope the guy sues them and wins.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
I garden while barefoot. God, I hope no one notices.
I don't think it counts unless you're also pregnant.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I call them Village Idiots. Quartz is not actually the worst of them, although he's made a stellar effort in the last couple of years.
I've taught in the California Public School System for over 32 years. In doing so I've determined that 1) Ron White is right: You can't fix Stupid. B) There is a gene in the Scottish people that make them prone to Fucknuttery. iii) Quartz is a common mineral that may look good on occasion, but is generally worthless. ٤) Knob Creek Single Bottle 115 Proof Rye makes a not-inadequate Manhattan.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:37 PM
2012 SDMB NFL Salary Cap Champ
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
I’m sure the OP thinks he stumbled on some sort of cataclysmic “gotcha” for liberals — hey, here’s a story about white women falsely accusing a black man of crimes.
I'm not sure how anyone could consider it a "gotcha" seeing as how it seems like there were five stories along those lines just this week.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:

The only actual "slagging off" of the UK I see is the kind that is jovial and good fun. No one actually believes Scotland is horrible for haggis, for instance. The rest is just a response to the OP's not so humorous slag off of the US as being uniquely racist, while ignoring his own country's racism.

There is something particularly irritating/infuriating about someone who uses the evils of racism to slag off a country. It honestly feels like trolling to me.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
But beyond that blind spot, Quartz is just generally a misogynistic, racist shit who is also a thin-skinned provocateur who can't accept the abuse he doles out on others, so it is schadenfreude to catch him at the height of obtuse hypocrisy.

Stranger
Stranger, you use your tongue prettier than a $20 whore.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:10 AM

Quote:
That's mostly my fault...Obviously, I could say a lot of nice things about it, but where is the fun in that?

Americans are ridiculed, fairly, for our ignorance of history. But man, I've been lectured way too many times by smug, arrogant Brits who have a remarkable disconnect from the reality of British colonialism. Glass houses, stones, etc..
Fair point. Carry on.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
I don't think it counts unless you're also pregnant.
Been there, done that. In Arkansas, no less.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus View Post
iii) Quartz is a common mineral that may look good on occasion, but is generally worthless.
Ahem! Excuse me, but there's nothing worthless about piezoelectricity!
Old 10-21-2018, 11:17 AM
Charter Member

That requires hitting quartz with a hamm.......

OK, you might be on to something here.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK84 View Post
Stranger, how dare you.

SPOILER:

No he's not.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:23 PM

Not a true Scotsman for sure.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Yes, but the UK has probably done a better job of dealing with racism than the US

So I take it y'all ain't heard about UKIP and the EDL ?
Old 10-21-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
So I take it y'all ain't heard about UKIP and the EDL ?
The UK has serious issues with racism, many of which it's in denial about.

But that said, can we just take one minute to point and laugh at the frankly pathetic "crowd" the EDL managed to generate for it's latest march in Manchester - https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/20/tiny-...ester-8059140/
Old 10-21-2018, 02:49 PM
Suspended

Quote:
The UK has serious issues with racism, many of which it's in denial about.

But that said, can we just take one minute to point and laugh at the frankly pathetic "crowd" the EDL managed to generate for it's latest march in Manchester - https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/20/tiny-...ester-8059140/
The 2018 followup to the violent 2017 “Unite The Right” rally in Charlottesvile last year could be chariably described as ‘pathetic’, but that doesn’t mean racism and inequality is on the wane in the US; just that the bigots realized that mass oublic displays get more negative press than positive.

Stranger
Old 10-21-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
The 2018 followup to the violent 2017 “Unite The Right” rally in Charlottesvile last year could be chariably described as ‘pathetic’, but that doesn’t mean racism and inequality is on the wane in the US; just that the bigots realized that mass oublic displays get more negative press than positive.

Stranger
And their parents wouldn't give them the money for the trip.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
The 2018 followup to the violent 2017 “Unite The Right” rally in Charlottesvile last year could be chariably described as ‘pathetic’, but that doesn’t mean racism and inequality is on the wane in the US
Are you really going to deny me a "point at the EDL and laugh" moment?
Old 10-21-2018, 03:04 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Are you really going to deny me a "point at the EDL and laugh" moment?
At least you haven’t voted a buffoonish serial groper with incest pretensions and failed casino magnate to be your head of government.

Yet.

Stranger
Old 10-21-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
At least you haven’t voted a buffoonish serial groper with incest pretensions and failed casino magnate to be your head of government.
Can't see Rees Mogg trying to open a casino, but thrashing a street urchin to death for refusing to go up his chimney is definitely a possibility.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:14 AM

Yes white people use the state against black people. They also have no problem using the state against other whites. The trumpeting of these stories is blatant confirmation bias.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Can't see Rees Mogg trying to open a casino, but thrashing a street urchin to death for refusing to go up his chimney is definitely a possibility.
Phrasing!
Old 10-22-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yendis View Post
Phrasing!

Well he's a British politician, so either way to read that sentence works really.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:56 AM

Somebody cure my ignorance: what the hell does this mean?

"(like, how, Sway)"
Old 10-22-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnDC View Post
Somebody cure my ignorance: what the hell does this mean?

"(like, how, Sway)"
I'd have to explain Kanye West, and I don't want to.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
I'd have to explain Kanye West, and I don't want to.
That's enough. I don't need a full explanation, I was just wondering what the reference was about.

Last edited by DCnDC; 10-22-2018 at 09:32 AM.