Old 11-07-2018, 10:25 PM

US President Unhinged

Recent post-election news conference supports this thought. Which is why I voted in protest - as is every US citizens of voting age right. I should have done it in 2016, but I was lazy. Now not so much. As one can tell, I think he is a buffoon and his past history proves it.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:33 PM

I was flipping channels (to see if Let's Make A Deal was on) and that orange bastard was bloviating, instead of that Black Devil Wayne Brady cheating people out of cars and fabulous vacations to Exotic Locals, so I would go back to something else. But in the 10 or 12 4-second snippets of Utter Bullshit I heard fall out of his cess-hole, my opinion was stoutly reinforced that this is a severely deranged and utterly incompetent degenerate is a danger to humanity, sanity, reasonable discourse and should be dispatched using all legal and otherwise means to eradicate his blot from the American Presidential Escutcheon.

Just sayin'. Goddammit, he pre-empted the Fucking Price Is Goddamn Right, Too!
Old 11-07-2018, 11:53 PM

Gato, maybe next time you could take a real stance on this subject. Just saying.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:03 AM
Extrajudicial

Moderating

Moving from Elections to the Pit.

[/moderating]
Old 11-08-2018, 12:09 AM

If you folks think you are seeing a US President unhinged, just wait until January when the Democrats take control of the House of Reps and start investigating, most likely with lots and LOTS of public hearings.

I think there is a high likelihood we will witness the President have what in the olden days they would call "a fit of apoplexy."

Live on television no less.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:50 AM

Yep, he's gonna lose his shit. Acosta from CNN asked a question and lost his press credentials. What's he gonna do to Pelosi, take out a hit? Scary shit.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:17 AM

All right, I will!

Don't Fuck With My Gameshows!
Old 11-08-2018, 01:17 AM

Trump's a narcissist who I think is showing signs of dementia.

If you watch unscripted interviews of him on talk shows years ago, he can actually talk articulately and argue his points, even if he was an egotistical ass back then as he's always been his whole life.

Now, his speech is like it's from a semi-random word generator powered by an out-of-shape hamster on a wheel spinning around it what's left of his mind. Combine that with the impulse control of a petulant child with thin skin and a sense of victimhood and you get the Trump show.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
Now, his speech is like it's from a semi-random word generator powered by an out-of-shape hamster on a wheel spinning around it what's left of his mind.
That sounds like Sara Palin, and Bush Jr., and Ronnie. Must be a Republican thing.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:46 AM

Nah, at least with Dubya you had the feeling that he was looking for the right words, he just couldn't find them.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
That sounds like Sara Palin, and Bush Jr., and Ronnie. Must be a Republican thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
Nah, at least with Dubya you had the feeling that he was looking for the right words, he just couldn't find them.
Palin had been given the right words, she just couldn't remember them. And Ronnie thought he was saying the right ones, he was just wrong at first, and then at the end had forgotten the words.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

If you watch unscripted interviews of him on talk shows years ago, he can actually talk articulately and argue his points, even if he was an egotistical ass back then as he's always been his whole life.

Now, his speech is like it's from a semi-random word generator powered by an out-of-shape hamster on a wheel spinning around it what's left of his mind. Combine that with the impulse control of a petulant child with thin skin and a sense of victimhood and you get the Trump show.
I don't know whether it's dementia or just what works—the kind of speech that gets him the reaction he likes at Trump Rallies.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:

He's an entertainer. Politics is part of the entertainment industry. It's amusing to watch when you realize it doesn't really have much of an effect on your life.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabin_Fever View Post
Recent post-election news conference supports this thought. Which is why I voted in protest - as is every US citizens of voting age right.
It's not every US citizens of voting age right.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
I was flipping channels (to see if Let's Make A Deal was on)
Isn't that the model for Trump's Presidency?
Old 11-08-2018, 08:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabin_Fever View Post
Recent post-election news conference supports this thought. Which is why I voted in protest - as is every US citizens of voting age right. I should have done it in 2016, but I was lazy. Now not so much. As one can tell, I think he is a buffoon and his past history proves it.
Wait, it took you this long to figure out that Trump is unhinged and a buffoon? You didn't see that prior to the 2016 election? And you were too lazy to vote then? And your location says Michigan, which was one of the states that went for Trump. Would have been nice if you hadn't been that lazy when it mattered.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Finn View Post
Wait, it took you this long to figure out that Trump is unhinged and a buffoon? You didn't see that prior to the 2016 election? And you were too lazy to vote then? And your location says Michigan, which was one of the states that went for Trump. Would have been nice if you hadn't been that lazy when it mattered.
The vote differential between Trump and Clinton in MI was ~10,000 votes. Cabin_Fever's vote would not have mattered in the least.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Charter Member

Yes, but if he and a few thousand of his fellow citizens of Michigan had bothered to get off their asses and vote, it would have made a difference.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
The vote differential between Trump and Clinton in MI was ~10,000 votes. Cabin_Fever's vote would not have mattered in the least.
This post should be in the "White America doesn't understand democracy" thread.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Yes, but if he and a few thousand of his fellow citizens of Michigan had bothered to get off their asses and vote, it would have made a difference.
And IF millions of Michiganders had written in Barry Sanders, then he would have won their electoral votes. Your point is?
Old 11-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Yep, he's gonna lose his shit. Acosta from CNN asked a question and lost his press credentials. What's he gonna do to Pelosi, take out a hit? Scary shit.
Sarah should change her name to Huckabee Slanders.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Quote:
And IF millions of Michiganders had written in Barry Sanders, then he would have won their electoral votes. Your point is?
I thought my point was obvious, but apparently not.

Last edited by Dewey Finn; 11-08-2018 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I thought my point was obvious, but apparently not.
Your point was very obvious, and I thought mine was as well.

I answered your meaningless hypothetical with another meaningless hypothetical.

Last edited by EscAlaMike; 11-08-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thudlow Boink View Post
I don't know whether it's dementia or just what works—the kind of speech that gets him the reaction he likes at Trump Rallies.
I think he is definitely showing signs of dementia. If you see him speak 10-15 years ago, he was much more coherent and "normal."
Old 11-08-2018, 10:35 AM
Charter Member

It keeps getting more and more obvious that this guy should be in a straitjacket in a rubber room.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Charter Member

Seems a good place to drop a quote I ran across the other day:

From the author Phillip Roth

“I found much that was alarming being a citizen during the tenures of Richard Nixon and George W Bush. But whatever I may have seen as their limitations of character or intellect, neither was anything as humanly imoroverished as Trump is: ignorant of government, of history, of science, of philosophy, of art, incapable of recognizing subtlety or nuance, destitute of all decency, and wielding a vocabulary of seventy seven words that is better called Jerkish than English.”
Old 11-08-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Coopa View Post
He's an entertainer. Politics is part of the entertainment industry. It's amusing to watch when you realize it doesn't really have much of an effect on your life.
if no one else has already taken it, I’ll bet on this for “Dumbest SDMB Post of 2018”.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:07 PM

Djonald Unhinged
Old 11-08-2018, 12:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguy View Post
Sarah should change her name to Huckabee Slanders.
And now she is passing along a doctored film clip of the Acosta exchange that she got from Infowars.
The only excuse I would accept from her at this point was that the White House was holding one of her kids hostage.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Coopa View Post
It's amusing to watch when you realize it doesn't really have much of an effect on your life.

Yep, you Venusians have got it good.

Last edited by Mr Shine; 11-08-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
And now she is passing along a doctored film clip of the Acosta exchange that she got from Infowars.
The only excuse I would accept from her at this point was that the White House was holding one of her kids hostage.
Nope. Check out the side-by-side videos here.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan01 View Post
Show me a real side-by-side. This is just a right-wing idiot showing the same hacked film twice. When you post crap like this, do you actually think nobody would notice the source?
Old 11-08-2018, 01:49 PM

Yeah, if you can't trust the Gateway Pundit.... well you can't trust the Gateway Pundit.

Here's a thorough breakdown showing the clear edit.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
They clearly sped up the portion where his arm moving downward to make it look worse.

Major fail. Sad.

Last edited by Kolak of Twilo; 11-08-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:08 PM

One of my conservative friends texted me during that news conference complaining that the press was being rude. I with-held comment until I could see the interaction for myself, which I did when I got home.

I think Acosta was being a bit aggressive and pushy, and I think he decided this was his moment to die on the hill of truthfulness.

However, Trump was clearly cornered and failed in every way to handle a hard-ball question from an unfriendly reporter. He could have brushed it off, but he chose to keep engaging, and when he saw Acosta was kicking him in the balls with the questions, he stepped away from the podium - as if to run away (like he usually can). The interaction reinforces my belief that Trump is surrounded by a bubble of sycophants and yes-men that will not tolerate any dissension at all. When the questions got tough, he tried to run away, and realized he could not, so stood there and tried to bite back. Trump is the world's biggest pussy.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thudlow Boink View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Well Is Best Revenge View Post
I think he is definitely showing signs of dementia. If you see him speak 10-15 years ago, he was much more coherent and "normal."
It's not just that he talks that way to reach and fire up his base at rallies, he wasn't all that coherent at yesterday's press conference.

64 truly remarkable lines from Donald Trump's otherworldly post-election news conference

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/polit...018/index.html
Old 11-08-2018, 03:09 PM

Donald Trump really, really needs to not be POTUS anymore.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:

And holy shit you fell for gateway pundit AGAIN.

You are just one dumb motherfucker, aren't you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2018, 03:32 PM

The WH uses lies like this to assert dominance and to humiliate. Not because any of them actually think Acosta assaulted the woman (who approached him and tried to pull the mic out of his hand).
Old 11-08-2018, 03:57 PM

I still love:

"The media lies!"

"Oh yeah, how do you know?"

"This other media told me"
Old 11-08-2018, 04:40 PM

At the beginning of yesterday's press conference Trump was talking in an almost normal tone. He was calm and he seemed well informed on the events of election day; he seemed to know the players, who won and lost and the significance of the events. He Congratulated the Democratic party, in general, and Rep Pelosi on a job well done, and he actually seemed sincere. Then he laid out part of an agenda that he felt both sides could get behind, (ie infrastructure, etc) almost like a politician. Then something happened (almost as if he remembered that he was on camera) and the bombast and bluster came roaring back, leading into that trainwreck of a Q&A. I think he knew he was gonna jump down Acosta's throat and had to rile himself up before he even opened the floor for questions.

So. . .I dont want to down play the dementia aspect of his personality, could very well be. But the Trump that we've all grown to know and loathe these days is clearly an act.

mc

Last edited by mikecurtis; 11-08-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:53 PM

"For although psychopaths are a small minority, it seems significant that whenever organized and militant hate exist a psychopath is the leader, and if, for instance, one hundred disgruntled and frustrated individuals fall in line behind one psychopath then, in essence, we are concerned with the actions of one hundred and one psychopaths." Sidney Potier-Pressure Point-1962
Old 11-08-2018, 05:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecurtis View Post
I dont want to down play the dementia aspect of his personality, could very well be. But the Trump that we've all grown to know and loathe these days is clearly an act.
No, the "normal" version is clearly the act; that's how he is when someone manages to get him to stick to a script.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
And only if it's the one she likes.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
No, the "normal" version is clearly the act; that's how he is when someone manages to get him to stick to a script.
Yeah, I'm thinking Trump can only hold it together for so long and that length of time is inversely correlated to the stress he feels.

Doesn't he yell at the TV while watching critical news? It seems like his fuse will keep on getting shorter.

But, hey, Trump has the best temperament and is a stable genius.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:26 PM

Don't forget his GMOAT*!

*Greatest Memory Of All Time

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 11-08-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:09 PM

I'd like to see an MRI of Trump's brain-thing. I'm guessing its like the fucking boat trip from Willy Wonka.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
I'd like to see an MRI of Trump's brain-thing. I'm guessing its like the fucking boat trip from Willy Wonka.
Only if you replaced the chocolate with shit.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Donald Trump really, really needs to not be POTUS anymore.
He really really needs to not ever have been POTUS. However, get him out, and you get President Pence. Welcome to Gilead.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:39 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwildheaven View Post
He really really needs to not ever have been POTUS. However, get him out, and you get President Pence. Welcome to Gilead.
Shoot ‘em both, and we now get President Pelosi.